• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZNova

Uh oh, the damage lists are appearing. I shudder to think what mine will be, I bought 21 games just today, haha. Actually 23, if you count Ittle Dew and Cube World...

On my badges pages, it says "Cards earned through purchases: 1" and "You have spent approximately $15.60 USD in the store since the sale began."

THIS IS WRONG!

Here's what I bought:

Surgeon Simulator - £2.37
Max Payne 3 - £6.24
System Shock 2 - £1.74
Torchlight II - £3.74
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - £6.24

TOTAL = £20.33 (about $30)

Does Steam not count games bought as gifts?

Did you buy anything recently? The system is getting slower and slower at keeping track of purchases.

ZnHyDel.png

Hahaha, what the fuck

That's not really necessary, but if you insist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rain_1

Use the cc=us link to vote and switch back to your location afterwards.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's not really giving a hard time, just having to repeat levels makes me angry lol.

Oh and how the hell do you have such high scores in everything. Think you are top of my friends list for every level I've played so far.
Yeah, that I can understand, especially if you aim for a Perfect+ on each level. It can be a little annoying having to replay one because you screwed up the cannon shot in the end.

As for my scores, I don't really know. Once you unlock a certain move in a latter level, you can start racking up some extra points from then on (and you can revisit the previous ones to increase your score there).

One of these days I'm gonna go back and finish my Hard playthrough, and then do an Easy one. I want those triple Perfect+, and I still have 5 or so retro carts to get.

Did you buy anything recently? The system is getting slower and slower at keeping track of purchases.
This. Bought stuff yesterday and it said it would earn me 3 new cards (don't judge >.>). Hadn't received anything hours later when I went to bed. Hopefully they are waiting for me when I get home from work later.

cicero

Vote Bully for community choicee!!

It was just on a flash sale on the 13th. If I have to choose between that and Wargame: European Escalation, which will also affect the price of the DLC and the new standalone expansion, Wargame: Airland Battle, I say choose Wargame!

BLunted

Banned
Posted this yesterday and looks like nobody bit. Not sure if it was because my restrictions were too tight, or if the game is no good.

Can't be worse than bad Rats, can it?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw -- MB-C92D55E36531F86F - Taken by Massiv

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Posted this yesterday and looks like nobody bit. Not sure if it was because my restrictions were too tight, or if the game is no good.

Can't be worse than bad Rats, can it?

you should try removing the restriction on anyone who's ever won something from modbot, or change it to the last 24 hours or something..

Report for flooding purposes and face saving:

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

People are complaining that they didn't find their Avatar, so I made a couple changes and posted a log file along with it: You can now find your Avatar, as long as you know the name of the filename used for it.

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

Actual Size of the Mosaic:

Real-size mosaic (about 9 megs):
http://i.minus.com/ipUahdOfh6ybA.jpg

ALL AVATARS I MANAGED TO GRAB WERE USED. If you want to know where is your avatar, you need to know it's filename WITHOUT IT'S EXTENSION (right click your avatar and save it) and this list will tell you where it was used According to that report, my avatar (avatar_gaf.jpg) was only used once. All avatars were converted to .JPG.

No repeats Mosaic (if your avatar is not here, it wasn't used - I'm not sure why now):

No repeats Real Size:
http://i.minus.com/is12FU3g3e07A.jpg

Report of where each avatar was used on the no repeats mosaic: here According to the report, 1300 avatars were used.

It came out pretty nice. And I learned a little bit of Perl in the mean time. Always fun to program something stupid on a language you don't know.. :D

Wow this is amazing. Nice work.

chugen

small games i had lying around

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-BC6E4A12AF1B39DB - Taken by intheinbetween
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack -- MB-2DABBF196CFFCBE3 - Taken by wetflame

Hahaha amazing. It's always kind of weird to add someone specifically for trading purposes, then never talk to them again. Wish there was an easier way to message someone in a one-off manner just to get a trade off or to give them a compliment after a DOTA2 game.

They should have to be on your friends list for thirty days before being able to trade them!

Okay I need sleep now. See you in a bit Gaf.

chugen

if you want Deus Ex: Human Revolution you better choose well OR ELSE

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-BFB9D8D41A0074F2 - Taken by nightstorm
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-EC88EFEFDCB05E31 - Taken by Gez
Mystery Game -- MB-C3141E2324EFE63D - Taken by toddhunter

Card Boy

Banned
Someone wanna name a game that doesn't suck, under 5 bucks, for a giveaway?

Witcher 1
Death Rally
To the Moon
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Fortune Summoners
Hero Academy
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
Torchlight 2
Magicka
Payday
Deus ex 1
Deus ex HR