• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Welp! I've being stricken!

TIRWG.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Report for flooding purposes and face saving:

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

People are complaining that they didn't find their Avatar, so I made a couple changes and posted a log file along with it: You can now find your Avatar, as long as you know the name of the filename used for it.

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

Actual Size of the Mosaic:

Real-size mosaic (about 9 megs):
http://i.minus.com/ipUahdOfh6ybA.jpg

ALL AVATARS I MANAGED TO GRAB WERE USED. If you want to know where is your avatar, you need to know it's filename WITHOUT IT'S EXTENSION (right click your avatar and save it) and this list will tell you where it was used According to that report, my avatar (avatar_gaf.jpg) was only used once. All avatars were converted to .JPG.

No repeats Mosaic (if your avatar is not here, it wasn't used - I'm not sure why now):

No repeats Real Size:
http://i.minus.com/is12FU3g3e07A.jpg

Report of where each avatar was used on the no repeats mosaic: here According to the report, 1300 avatars were used.

It came out pretty nice. And I learned a little bit of Perl in the mean time. Always fun to program something stupid on a language you don't know.. :D
wow that's amazing

I dunno why but everybody uses a flipped version of my avatar for their mosaics :p

Onionkid

So, just learned you're not allowed to buy a 2/4-pack of a game if you own it already? WTF? So much for getting a discount on games to give away. Booooo. Oh well, hope this works. If not, PM me and we'll get it sorted out! Got this game as a gift in this thread earlier, fell in love with it...so now I'm gifting it to some other GAFer!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-36939F025A8CDC49 - Taken by NingenJanai

So, just learned you're not allowed to buy a 2/4-pack of a game if you own it already? WTF? So much for getting a discount on games to give away. Booooo. Oh well, hope this works. If not, PM me and we'll get it sorted out! Got this game as a gift in this thread earlier, fell in love with it...so now I'm gifting it to some other GAFer!

Thanks a lot, was really curious about the game since lots of people have it in high regard.

Surprising ,but don't think it's for me. Any other recommendations?

Deus EX HR, Batman City GOTY, Dark Souls ( all of them are yesterdays dailies but can be still bought for the same discount )

I think steam deliberately does that to encourage trading.

This. Over around 200 trading card drops, I've had a statistically improbable amount of dupes. On seven titles I've had three cards of the same drop, for example.

I'm thinking that it's a win for Valve as it could potentially push people towards the marketplace to buy cards, generating little 1 and 2 cent transactions for Valve near constantly.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that Valve would benefit more from a crashed market - cheaper cards mean more people will buy, meaning more transaction fees for Uncle Gabe.

Onionkid

Thanks a lot, was really curious about the game since lots of people have it in high regard.

Deus EX HR, Batman City GOTY, Dark Souls ( all of them are yesterdays dailies but can be still bought for the same discount )

Hope you enjoy! Lemmie know if that link didn't work...first time I've sent an inventory game.

And seconded on all those recommendations. Esp. Dark Souls. What a wonderful game, esp on PC thanks to Durante!

Hope you enjoy! Lemmie know if that link didn't work...first time I've sent an inventory game.

And seconded on all those recommendations. Esp. Dark Souls. What a wonderful game, esp on PC thanks to Durante!

Will do, I'm at work and can't redeem right now, but I'll let you know when I get home in a couple hours.

Can anyone please confirm how much disk space Van helsing consumes? When I installed it it said 20gb. But now when I go to my downloads its only downloading 9gb?

Arthea

Witcher 1
Death Rally
To the Moon
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Fortune Summoners
Hero Academy
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
Torchlight 2
Magicka
Payday
Deus ex 1
Deus ex HR
Mount and Blade Warband
Company of Heroes
Good list, all games are good except may be Payday, and I know nothing about Death Rally.

Can anyone from US gift me Dark Souls while it's $7.49? I'll Paypal you me money immediately.

You know, I was told it can't be played if your region is not in GFWL zone. Mine is not.

Addnan

Thanks for that. Very odd, wonder why its only downloading 8.5gb then. Time remaining also says 50 seconds which is far from true so its probably bugged and gonna finish this download then download the rest.

Download is only around 8GB. Probably blows up in size after extracting.

Game code from indiegala, make sure you don't own it already before entering.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Theater of War 2 : Africa 1943 -- MB-8C238007D4BCA92B - Taken by intheinbetween

Onionkid

Witcher 1
Death Rally
To the Moon
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Fortune Summoners
Hero Academy
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
Torchlight 2
Magicka
Payday
Deus ex 1
Deus ex HR
Mount and Blade Warband
Company of Heroes

Went with Super Hexagon since I'm madly in love with it, but appreciate the list. I'll probably pick one of these out for another giveaway in the next few hours :)

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

People are complaining that they didn't find their Avatar, so I made a couple changes and posted a log file along with it: You can now find your Avatar, as long as you know the name of the filename used for it.

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

ALL AVATARS I MANAGED TO GRAB WERE USED. If you want to know where is your avatar, you need to know it's filename WITHOUT IT'S EXTENSION (right click your avatar and save it) and this list will tell you where it was used According to that report, my avatar (avatar_gaf.jpg) was only used once. All avatars were converted to .JPG.

No repeats Mosaic (if your avatar is not here, it wasn't used - I'm not sure why now):

No repeats Real Size:

Report of where each avatar was used on the no repeats mosaic: here According to the report, 1300 avatars were used.

It came out pretty nice. And I learned a little bit of Perl in the mean time. Always fun to program something stupid on a language you don't know.. :D
Found my avatar in there. Was losing hope at first on the repeated mosaic.

mclem

(www)store.steampowered without http is fake ?

Exactly what is the full URL? If it's what I think you're saying, it's *probably* real; 'steampowered' is the part that actually dictates what network it is. Most browsers just implicitly add the http. That said, I'd like to see the precise context for the url you're being led towards first.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Finished my Civ V game. Diplomatic victory with Venice as the calendar stuck 1980. Now I will start my day long New Vegas modding process.

Deques

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

No repeats Real Size:

I found my avatar without even looking for it :D

Milamber

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

No repeats Real Size:

Finally saw it on my PC, can't view something that huge on my phone. Oh man...

k7ebJ9j.gif

I actually got Deus Ex HR....which is ironic because I was hoping for a mystery game for a bit of fun.

Unfortunately Modbot isn't playing with me, so here it is the old fashioned way care of Chugen.

If you don't know what the old fashioned way is, you are not getting it!

Edit. Claimed...I think?

Deques

I actually got Deus Ex HR....which is ironic because I was hoping for a mystery game for a bit of fun.

Unfortunately Modbot isn't playing with me, so here it is the old fashioned way care of Chugen.

Nice, too bad I already have Deus Ex too :(

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom