• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

So, did you all vote for Bully like good people?

tumblr_m2whkmcJRm1qe5ain.gif

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
how the hell do you park the semi in euro truck sim? some spots are so hard to get into.

cicero

Good morning.

Today's the day that Monaco and Rogue Legacy hit flash/daily, right?

Rogue Legacy was just released a little over three weeks ago. Even if it hit as a daily or a flash sale, it isn't very reasonable to assume it would be anywhere below the pre-order price of $10 (33% off). It amazes me that people might expect otherwise.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Yes, Sir!

Already own it, but it's just such a great premise. Really need get back to it, only played it for 4 hours or so. Got it for the whole 10 bucks a couple of month ago.

there is a severe lack of RPGs, western or otherwise, that do not take place in a fantasy setting, wouldn't you say?

Snowdrift

Payday! Been waiting to pick this up since I read about Payday 2.

I think that's it for me. Walking Dead, Deus Ex, Dark Souls and Payday for less than $30.

Report for flooding purposes and face saving:

I CHANGED THE MOSAIC

People are complaining that they didn't find their Avatar, so I made a couple changes and posted a log file along with it: You can now find your Avatar, as long as you know the name of the filename used for it.

EDIT:

Original Image:

Resized Mosaic:

Actual Size of the Mosaic:

Real-size mosaic (about 9 megs):
http://i.minus.com/ipUahdOfh6ybA.jpg

ALL AVATARS I MANAGED TO GRAB WERE USED. If you want to know where is your avatar, you need to know it's filename WITHOUT IT'S EXTENSION (right click your avatar and save it) and this list will tell you where it was used According to that report, my avatar (avatar_gaf.jpg) was only used once. All avatars were converted to .JPG.

No repeats Mosaic (if your avatar is not here, it wasn't used - I'm not sure why now):

No repeats Real Size:
http://i.minus.com/is12FU3g3e07A.jpg

Report of where each avatar was used on the no repeats mosaic: here According to the report, 1300 avatars were used.

It came out pretty nice. And I learned a little bit of Perl in the mean time. Always fun to program something stupid on a language you don't know.. :D
Mother of god...

I've never played an XCOM game. Is it at all like Fire Emblem? And should I get it?

XCOM is a turn-based strategy game much like Valkyria Chronicles. Your characters improve in skill with each mission, but if they die, that's it, they're gone forever.

That said, it's a great game and pays perfect homage to the original, definitely buy it!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
All jokes aside, I really do want to thank toddhunter and chugen for gifting me Deus Ex!
And also another thankyou to chugen for McPixel earlier in the week!

This sale couldn't have come at a worse time for me, financially, so you guys are awesome and your generosity is heartwarming!

CGjRULs.png

I'd like to see you try and gift me Bad Rats without feeling bad now, chugen :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hmm, I am surprisingly curious about Patterns:
bGzfXpC.jpg

Anyone played it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom