• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

there is a severe lack of RPGs, western or otherwise, that do not take place in a fantasy setting, wouldn't you say?
Yes, indeed. Games like Bully, Persona (Well, didn't play it&it seems to have its fare share of fantasy elements, but the at first glance rather strange combination of different genres is interesting and different enough) and Red Dead to some extend are so appealing to me. One of the main grabs of any game is setting/premise for me personally. And in that category there are far to many games of the same kind outhere. And i'm especcially not talking about indie games. There are diverse, great, but overall in most cases rather short/small in scope.

So when big titles like the Rockstar games offer a diverse, different and overall unique world it's so refreshing. And then it doesn't really matter any more, if the game might be a bit dated or clunky. The World Ends With You would be another example - though of course, gameplay also plays a huge role here and in general.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I love that art style!!

Me too. In comparison to Minecraft, everything is made from trinagles. If you plan on getting it, I'd really love some impressions today to add it to the Indie sales thread before Ihand it over to Salsa.

Chivalry sale.

hd_computer_guy_meme_by_zapgod16-d4t2jh3_-_Copy.jpg

Double

Trying the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Demo right now, can't even get this thing moving in the tutorial with the 360 controller lol, the options for controls confuse me too.

Ok found the options. This game is strange lol.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Me too. In comparison to Minecraft, everything is mad from trinagles. If you plan on getting it, I'd really love some impressions today to add it to the Indie sales thread before Ihand it over to Salsa.

my budget for the entire sale is barely in the double digits so I don't think I'll be getting it. I'll let you know if I hear of someone who does.

Yes, indeed. Games like Bully, Persona (Well, didn't play it&it seems to have its fare share of fantasy elements, but the at first glance rather strange combination of different genres is interesting and different enough) and Red Dead to some extend are so appealing to me. One of the main grabs of any game is setting/premise for me personally. And in that category there are far to many games of the same kind outhere. And i'm especcially not talking about indie games. There are diverse, great, but overall in most cases rather short/small in scope.

So when big titles like the Rockstar games offer a diverse, different and overall unique world it's so refreshing. And then it doesn't really matter any more, if the game might be a bit dated or clunky. The World Ends With You would be another example - though of course, gameplay also plays a huge role here and in general.
I should play TWEWY one of these days, I recently got my brother's old DS after mine broke. And lets not forget the Mother series, which hopefully will see a complete western release in the near future.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there a thread dedicated to card trading? I'm two cards short of summer sale badge, and have duplicates to trade, but I'm not sure where is the appropriate place to arrange that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks, I'll pass ETS1.

The snow driving in Extreme Trucker actually looks very compelling.
Same dev as ETS but they are value titles under another publisher. Still pretty sweet, tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxX6QemXInA

Steam should get that sequel. It would be cool.

Fun fact: For a couple months I did some work driving a 15 passenger van around mountain villages in Mexico, almost died by falling off a mountain due to some loose dirt and very little turn-around space once! Not exactly extreme trucking, but this game makes me nostalgic.

Bri

Regarding AoE II, there's a fan made expansion called Forgotten Empires, that can be downloaded for free. Higher resolution, better AI, new factions and stuff.

Btw, shouldn't AoE III be 75%? I'd buy that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah it sucks, I asked steam support about it and they pretty much told me too bad.

Valve's stance is that it's up to publishers to ensure their product pages and registry listings are correct.

How can that guy act like that being so close to Saoirse? I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Can't process.

Probably because they made out a dozen times during the course of The Host. :p

Wanted to chime in here about Dark Souls for PC.

First off, get this shit even if you played it on consoles. With the DSfix it looks absolutely unreal. Make sure you have 360 PAD!

Throw SweetFX on top of that, and your eyes will bleed semen (mental picture inbound).

Made some comparison shots, enjoy:

http://abload.de/img/screenshot9496efsyn.png Before
http://abload.de/img/screenshot957896sy3.png After

SweetFX Settings
Code:
Bloom ON
HDR ON
Bloom Tresh 24
HDR Power 1.2
HDR Radius 2 0.85

screenshot957896sy3.png

chugen

you better follow that damn train

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas -- MB-5600AC1AF824DC73 - Taken by Deques

Wanted to chime in here about Dark Souls for PC.

First off, get this shit even if you played it on consoles. With the DSfix it looks absolutely unreal. Make sure you have 360 PAD!

Throw SweetFX on top of that, and your eyes will bleed semen (mental picture inbound).

Really wanted this but I'm out of funds. Will have to wait until next time.

Is there a way for me to give away a game that's in my inventory using modbot?

I have a copy of Torchlight 1 that's been sitting there since pre-ordering 2

Is there a way for me to give away a game that's in my inventory using modbot?

I have a copy of Torchlight 1 that's been sitting there since pre-ordering 2

gift it to your email account and then set the url you get in you remail as the key for modbot.

Edit: I think you have to edit the url and take out the "?........." part when using it in the modbot PM.

marrec

Banned
gift it to your email account and then set the url you get in you remail as the key for modbot.

Edit: I think you have to edit the url and take out the "?........." part when using it in the modbot PM.

I forget what exactly I had to do but whichever one I did was wrong first. But that's cool cause I just edited it and resent it and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom