• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Woke up this morning with a desire for some cheap deals. Looking to Dear Esther (1.99 Euro) and Grimrock (4.75). Wouldn´t hurt...right?
Come on GAF...tell me it wouldn´t hurt.

check your PMs but don't get your hopes up too much, key is probably used

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You're aren't taking into account the fact that Valve is going to turn all Summer cards into Left 4 Dead and Half-Life Source coupons.

Fully expecting them to turn the cards into something. *pessimism*

On the other hand, Valve would make quite a bit of cash from leaving rare cards on the market...

sapsari

I stand by my review

ibz4MwcvCVX765.PNG

Yeah Critter Crunch is awesome, its a must if you love puzzle games. Bought it in winter sale and spent 13 hours in it.

Xater

Oh man for 66% off I will probably get Farming Simulator. Didn't know there even is a Mac version. That is awesome. I played a bit of the 3DS game last year because of the demo and it was actually kind of fun.

There are 5 levels of steam summer badge, and 1 level for foil. You need 60 cards in total to finish the real summer "challenge".

Even if one was to do this (I personally think it's batshit crazy for some e-peen), the cards are dropping in price every day. It would be better to sell now and re-buy them in a few days time to make a bit of money.

After the sale rarity value is another story - but i'm of the opinion that we should hunt down these false sale participants and punish them. Hopefully Valve will convert them all into some HL2 coupons lol.

MysticX

man, I was gonna dip on Max Payne 3, but I already own it...guess Gabe doesn´t want my money...

1 question, do you see Dark Souls in your Steam store? I can´t see it in mine, could it be banned here or have they pulled it?

xBlain

man, I was gonna dip on Max Payne 3, but I already own it...guess Gabe doesn´t want my money...

1 question, do you see Dark Souls in your Steam store? I can´t see it in mine, could it be banned here or have they pulled it?

Region locked thanks to GFWL.

Divius

lol how does this thread already have 16 pages since I went to bed.

Wut happen

also DXHR is mine although it isn't on my wishlist and I never asked for it.

Xater

Also tried playing Killing Floor instead of just idling. The Mac version of this game still runs like hot garbage. Pretty inexcusable for a game on such an old engine.

Salsa

Get AE, MK, and GGPO. All you need.

What stick did you end up going with?

I own em all! I want moar, im honestly cool with getting it at a discounted price.

TheDuke56 offered to send me a WWE Brawl stick for free. Sadly the international shipping fees balloon up to $60 or so due to the weight, but it's still half of what I would have paid. I'll get some sanwa buttons later on.

catabarez

I own em all! I want moar, im honestly cool with getting it at a discounted price.

TheDuke56 offered to send me a WWE Brawl stick for free. Sadly the international shipping fees balloon up to $60 or so due to the weight, but it's still half of what I would have paid. I'll get some sanwa buttons later on.

Speaking of which any idea how easy it is to mod a fightstick? I got my HORI that I might start using for my PC fighting games.

Xanathus

Talking about DXHR...
I somehow forgot to buy The Missing Link... or is it not worth?

It's hella worth it, basically think of it as a compact version of the main game, but with fixes for the level and game design mistakes they made in the main game e.g. boss fight(s) that can be handled in multiple ways.

Arthea

It's hella worth it, basically think of it as a compact version of the main game, but with fixes for the level and game design mistakes they made in the main game e.g. boss fight(s) that can be handled in multiple ways.

now I feel bad I forgot it. oh well, may be it'll be on sale again

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

The stock buttons on the brawl stick aren't half bad. A huge improvement from the previous SE buttons. While you'll definitely want to throw some Sanwa (I'm a bit partial to Seimitsu, personally) in there later, the stocks are totally usable. Good to learn on. You'll also have a better appreciation of the new buttons once you get them put in.

I'll add you for some AE or MK sometime.

stonedwal

Grabbed Human Revolution. Bit annoyed that the game + DLC cost me nearly as much as the Deus Ex Collection (already had Invisible War and the original), but that happens a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom