• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
Is Unreal Tournament 2004 still alive? I wish I could just use my old cd keys to activate on Steam. Not sure it is worth $3.74 now. Any impressions?

It's dead, if you were to buy it RIGHT NOW you'd find maybe less then 50 people playing, but then again it's almost 5 am right now so maybe it's just down time.

I think it's dead, I never find people playing these old games like quake, people claim that UT99 is still being played but most of the time they don't filter out the servers that fill the empty slots with bots.

Do I want the Unreal Deal Pack guys?

It depends. Unreal 1 is a game many people should play, but it also includes Unreal 2 which isn't that good and 3 different multiplayer games which may or may not be played by a large amount of people at the moment. I would go with Unreal 1 and UT2004 if I were you.

Alright, quoted. Keeping you to it, see you tomorrow. :)

I'm serious.

OMG I'm trapped, but then nobody will accept the Bad Rats gift and it'll stay inside my library...I put a smily at the end of my post, so it wasn't a serious offer...please unnerstand?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
There something wrong with this one? :p
You don't want a wireless arcade stick. Input lag, batteries, interference with the signal. Sticks need to be wired. It's also tiny, light, and loaded with crap parts. You can mod it, but it will require some crazy soldering and drilling. Buy an SE, man. The Brawl Stick that Salsa got goes on sale all the time. I bought one for $20, put $50 worth of parts in it and it was awesome.
n0D8UKt.jpg
also this is the art mod im gonna do

Get multiple lami-labels printed when you do it. It's not hard to put on new art, but it's easy to make a mistake and end up with nagging imperfections.

Smash88

Banned
OMG I'm trapped, but then nobody will accept the Bad Rats gift and it'll stay inside my library...I put a smily at the end of my post, so it wasn't a serious offer...please?

Pretty sure smiles mean you are smiling not just kidding. You need to add j/k at the end.

YOU SUCK. j/k

See?

YOU'RE DOOMED NOW!

Falifax

Bought Max Payne 3. My ISP is going to be mad pissed.

Is Deathmatch Made In Heaven worth getting? Don't want to buy a DLC that is populated just by tumbleweed.

catabarez

You don't want a wireless arcade stick. Input lag, batteries, interference with the signal. Sticks need to be wired. It's also tiny, light, and loaded with crap parts. You can mod it, but it will require some crazy soldering and drilling. Buy an SE, man. The Brawl Stick that Salsa got goes on sale all the time. I bought one for $20, put $50 worth of parts in it and it was awesome.

Get multiple lami-labels printed when you do it. It's not hard to put on new art, but it's easy to make a mistake and end up with nagging imperfections.

Alright I'll look into that fightstick. Maybe I can find an already modded one around where I live for a decent price.

Arthea

It's dead, if you were to buy it RIGHT NOW you'd find maybe less then 50 people playing, but then again it's almost 5 am right now so maybe it's just down time.

I think it's dead, I never find people playing these old games like quake, people claim that UT99 is still being played but most of the time they don't filter out the servers that fill the empty slots with bots.

It depends. Unreal 1 is a game many people should play, but it also includes Unreal 2 which isn't that good and 3 different multiplayer games which may or may not be played by a large amount of people at the moment. I would go with Unreal 1 and UT2004 if I were you.

I played so long ago that probably shouldn't even talk, but I don't remember Unreal 2 being a bad game... It had quite a few great levels (for that time). And original UT was great. Not sure how these play now, though.

cicero

eleanorcry1vszu.jpg

At least I bought what I actually wanted during GOG's Summer Sale, I suppose.
I usually don't buy just when something could be pulled. But if it is on my wishlist, no matter how low, it certainly registers much higher on my to buy list if I know there is a good chance I might not ever be able to purchase it.

I already owned most everything I wanted from the Atari catalog anyway. I did see this gameplay footage of B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th last night that grabbed my interest. I am a bit of a military history nerd. The graphics were dated, but those B-17 breakups were gripping, I just had to have it.

Bought Max Payne 3. My ISP is going to be mad pissed.

Is Deathmatch Made In Heaven worth getting? Don't want to buy a DLC that is populated just by tumbleweed.

The multiplayer's not very populated, it has some connections problem and I found it to be pretty bad. It might get a little boost from the sale but it will probably die out in a few weeks, I don't suggest you buy any of Max Payne's DLCs. Deathmatch Made In Heaven also has a coop mode but it's only 2 maps and like I said, you won't find games easily except if you have a friend that has the game.

Falifax

The multiplayer's not very populated, it has some connections problem and I found it to be pretty bad. It might get a little boost from the sale but it will probably die out in a few weeks, I don't suggest you buy any of Max Payne's DLCs. Deathmatch Made In Heaven also has a coop mode but it's only 2 maps and like I said, you won't find games easily except if you have a friend that has the game.

That sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I usually don't buy just when something could be pulled. But if it is on my wishlist, no matter how low, it certainly registers much higher on my to buy list if I know there is a good chance I might not ever be able to purchase it.

I already owned most everything I wanted from the Atari catalog anyway. I did see this gameplay footage of B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th last night that grabbed my interest. I am a bit of a military history nerd. The graphics were dated, but those B-17 breakups were gripping, I just had to have it.

Yeah, I snapped up Outcast and the Total Annihilation games during GOG's Summer Sale (I already owned RT3 and Riddick on Steam). With GOG's sale so close to Steam's, I didn't feel like spending ~$60 to pick up the stragglers.

Can't believe I had no idea about the 65% catalogue sale, though. Gutted, I am. Gutted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom