• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

2 minutes for winner

Speaking of which any idea how easy it is to mod a fightstick? I got my HORI that I might start using for my PC fighting games.

check the Shoryuken forums, search for your specific stick. It depends, but for the most part its really easy. The WWE/SE stick im getting overly so, probably the easiest.

The stock buttons on the brawl stick aren't half bad. A huge improvement from the previous SE buttons. While you'll definitely want to throw some Sanwa (I'm a bit partial to Seimitsu, personally) in there later, the stocks are totally usable. Good to learn on. You'll also have a better appreciation of the new buttons once you get them put in.

I'll add you for some AE or MK sometime.

for sure!

we'll see how I do. I was way more into fighting games and arcade sticks around third strike, and kinda just didnt get full-on with the whole SFIV revival, at least in terms that I sold my hori stick and never really wanted to get into the games with a pad (and getting arcade sticks here is tough). But now that MK hit, Skullgirls, an amazing EVO, etc.. its looking like the PC is getting its due and it's time to go back.

Xater

LOL of course the cheapest won. Don't care about Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Isn't that old ass game on sale all the time?

Debating Deus Ex HR. I already finished it on 360 two years ago but how is the DLC and the first two games that come in the bundle? Are they worth the time?

Eightarc Fusion Synthesis for life(you better support my damn stick One/PS4), reminds me of my old Gameboy Color/Advance in terms of the clear design.

FusionSynthesis_large1.jpg

Stimpack

really awesome game, a throwback to old adventure games, reminds me of Beneath a Steel Sky which is top tier.

Totally. I do dig the Bladerunner vibe. I hope Wadjet Eye Games enjoys some significant success, and we're able to get more of this stuff. It's been too long since the era of point-and-click adventures.

Tactics

Debating Deus Ex HR. I already finished it on 360 two years ago but how is the DLC and the first two games that come in the bundle? Are they worth the time?

If you can deal with the dated graphics the first game holds up very well. You should definitely give it a shot imo.

AxeMan

So did I just install a form of DRM on my machine with Sins: Rebellion?

Fired up the game and it's asking me to register with Stardock. I've never heard of them before and it won't let me play without registering

Salsa

im pretty sure that if I lived in the US or Japan I'd have a Yes Boss! sized collection of Arcade Sticks. Even when I took a break from fitghting games.

I just like looking at them.

So did I just install a form of DRM on my machine with Sins: Rebellion?

Fired up the game and it's asking me to register with Stardock. I've never heard of them before and it won't let me play without registering

Yep, series requires the stardock platform to play. Huzzah!

TheD

The Detective
Uhh, one of the few games I bought this sale (GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City) just has to fucking crash every single time I fire a gun........

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex Huma Revolution -- MB-A5A9E9D19E183DC7 - Taken by Manabanana

Let's see If I made everything right.

The first one is a classic. It has dated graphics of course and the combat and stealth isn't as polished as in HR, but I think it's still the better game. The second one we don't talk about lol

And the DLC is very good.

cicero

LOL of course the cheapest won. Don't care about Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Isn't that old ass game on sale all the time?
Considering how Atari is currently auctioning off all their IP to avoid bankruptcy? It might get pulled from Steam, who knows what will happen when the new owners show up. GOG just finished their 65% off Atari catalog sale last night too.

I think I was lucky because I bought The Cave and it was $3.74 the first day, and now it's $7.49

VbIZv4Y.png

Also I received my second booster pack it was from Hotline Miami, so I decided to unpacked it, and surprise, my second foil :)

Exeunt

I can't help but wonder if the 85% markdown for Deus Ex HR is because of the Director's Cut coming later this year. Have many other non-indie games done more than a 75% reduction before?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering how Atari is currently auctioning off all their IP to avoid bankruptcy? It might get pulled from Steam, who knows what will happen when the new owners show up. GOG just finished their 65% off Atari catalog sale last night too.

eleanorcry1vszu.jpg

At least I bought what I actually wanted during GOG's Summer Sale, I suppose.

cicero

Is Unreal Tournament 2004 still alive? I wish I could just use my old cd keys to activate on Steam. Not sure it is worth $3.74 now. Any impressions?

Brofist

Having issues with Paypal and Steam. Any chance anyone can gift me a Deus Ex HR, I'll Paypal you the amount for it. Thx

Just PM me if you can. BTW the $2.99 price is done in like 10 minutes, so the sooner the better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom