• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't the Van Helsing thread but just got a quick question which I am sure someone can answer.

If I want to play co-op with a friend in Van Helsing, do we need to use Online Character? We have got into a game together with the non online only character mode... if we both quit after a few hours and then we join a game again would we be in the same location? Ie, does it save locally for both of us?

Hope this makes senses to someone, co-op confuses me sometimes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So, of the game's I've played so far:

Runner 2 -- 2-2.5 hours so far: At first I thought it was a good deal easier than Runner 1, even if you skip the checkpoints, but then by the middle of world two half the keyboard has actions assigned to it. Definitely going to come back to this when I have a controller plugged in, as it is clearly made for controllers.
Yeah, do play it with a controller. It feels really comfortable, and all the actions are easily accessible that way.

It is A LOT easier than Runner 1, indeed. At least on Normal there's nothing that comes close to 1-11, 2-11, 3-9 or 3-11.

And Surgeon Simulator is actually a fun and enjoyable game? That's good to hear (for me, not for my wallet), and now I'm tempted to pick it up next time it gets a bigger discount.

Acccent

reposting because new page and only 3 hours left!

I kinda want to get Dark Souls, but I've already played it for a bit (and I played like half of Demon's Souls) and I've watched friends play, I'm not a huge fan of it but I do like the whole universe and that's the one thing I'd want to experience, getting lost in it...

I think if it was like 4€ I'd get it without a second thoughts.

What do you think gaf? Please don't all just go 'do it' because seriously I don't want to be blindly manipulated you bastards, I want to at least get the impression that I'm making a reasonable thing if I buy it. Is it cheaper anywhere else?

Knurek

Yeah, do play it with a controller. It feels really comfortable, and all the actions are easily accessible that way.

It is A LOT easier than Runner 1, indeed. At least on Normal there's nothing that comes close to 1-11, 2-11, 3-9 or 3-11.

Thank god for that, stopped playing the game after I spent 4 hours on 3-11 (didn't make it past halfway even once).

The game has rekindled my addiction to Lunatic Rave 2 though, so that's definitely a plus. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god for that, stopped playing the game after I spent 4 hours on 3-11 (didn't make it past halfway even once).

The game has rekindled my addiction to Lunatic Rave 2 though, so that's definitely a plus. :)
It's a shame, you were so close to finish Runner 1. I suggest watching a playthrough on Youtube if you're struggling with any section; that's what I did for a specific jump I didn't know how to clear.

Once you beat the game it feels extremely rewarding.

didamangi

If you're listening, whoa oh oh oh oh oh!
Sing it back, whoa oh oh oh oh oh!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galactic Arms Race -- MB-01B087A836AD2B86 - Taken by Lighthouse
Multiwinia -- MB-C2987A95408A2C53 - Taken by bobnowhere
iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-E1F38B3D0CBDCAF6 - Taken by Blablurn
Zombie Pirates -- MB-810150891E654D7B - Taken by supaman900s
Uplink -- MB-03EA5807CDFBA90B - Taken by Mugatu

Acccent

I bought it at 4.8€ on amazon.com

..and at that price fucking go for it.

just buy it from Amazon.com and use the code: Gooncave for a 15% discount

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00917DBUE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

For some reason the code doesn't work, and for some other reason (or maybe the same one) a weird tax is applied to my basket before check-out. If anyone can get it for me it would be nice, cause yeah at that price I'm totally going for it.

It's simply a case of EA being myopic.

well given the horseshit they do to me on the origin store what you say makes sense

For some reason the code doesn't work, and for some other reason (or maybe the same one) a weird tax is applied to my basket before check-out. If anyone can get it for me it would be nice, cause yeah at that price I'm totally going for it.

And you are sure you never used the code before since its a one time use thing.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Region Lock.

Not sure what's triggering it though (GFWL is usually one of the culprits but 'm not sure if the first game used it)
EA being EA.

Ultimate Edition is unavailable in a lot of regions.

The code is Gooncave

Try to change your billing address to an US one, choose a state that applies no taxes such as Minnesota, for example. Believe me, that works.

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- 3 hours or so so far: I'm about half-way through and mostly I think this is a better game than the others in the series because of the cool world layout. I don't know what it is, but I'm incapable of playing these games without trying to break them, and break them I have. I've found the game is very gay-friendly and just about anything that calls for a solution which might involve some sort of gendered element can be gender-reversed; a bridal ghost wanted a dream wedding so I gave her a bride and a female pastor and the game had no problem. On the other hand, in another level, giving the priest who wanted relics of the church a Menorah made him very disappointed and angry, so maybe not totally progressive. In general bribes also don't work for solving problems. I wish there was manual camera zoom control so I could crop hilarious screenshots a little better

I can confirm that the game is gay-friendly. I made Medusa fall in love with a siren.

Oh, and I've found a surprising number of puzzles that can be solved with a dead baby. I even put one in a little girl's birthday present.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks didamangi! Never heard of this game but the title sounds awesome, looking forward to trying it out.

I will be giving away a game in about 10 minutes and it comes with cards!
florytruco.JPG

I once got that hand when playing Truco with some friends. It felt awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom