• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

florytruco.JPG

I once got that hand when playing Truco with some friends. It felt awesome.

Cool. No idea what Truco is nor have I seen cards like that, but they look awesome.

mclem

Really wish they'd tweak the badge page now. A scrolling list was great when I had a few games with cards, but now that there are a shitton...it's just a pain scrolling endlessly through them.

Speaking of which... just what does sorting by 'rarity' mean on that page? If I sort by rarity, I get the order:

Director of Acquisitions (Owning 500+ games)
Steam Summer Camp
Steam Summer Giveaway (Level 3)
Steam Holiday Sale 2011
Steam Summer Sale 2012
Steam Holiday Sale 2012
Trading Card Beta Tester
Pillar of Community

...which seems a bit odd. Director of Acquisitions top, when that requires a *lot* of game purchases? Isn't Pillar of Community *remarkably* low, for one that required no actual expenditure that I can recall? 2012 sales lower than 2011? - could that be because 2011 was more involved with external activites? (In which case 2013 lying with the 2011 ones is certainly a good sign).

Below all those are all the games I've not earned badges for. I'm wondering if those aren't ordered at all; first one listed at that point is Sleeping Dogs, which seems an... unlikely one to be the most collected badge.

My hunch is that for *unearned* badges, it doesn't sort by rarity but just gathers them all at the end, and also that it doesn't take into account *level* of a badge when determining its rarity, so if someone's gained a L5 version of the badge it's regarded as no rarer than the L1 version.

Couple questions about Company of Heroes.

1. Since the change to steamworks it no longer requires a relic account right? Hate having to create a million different accounts, especially when I only plan to play Single player.

2. Is it worth the extra $5 to grab the bundle with the dlcs if I plan to play strictly single player?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
florytruco.JPG

I once got that hand when playing Truco with some friends. It felt awesome.
That is a decent hand.

Unless you meant you were playing the inferior Truco.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can confirm that the game is gay-friendly. I made Medusa fall in love with a siren.

Oh, and I've found a surprising number of puzzles that can be solved with a dead baby. I even put one in a little girl's birthday present.

Scribblenauts spoilers: [spoilers]Jetpack and a Dead Baby[/spoilers]

Knurek

It's a shame, you were so close to finish Runner 1. I suggest watching a playthrough on Youtube if you're struggling with any section; that's what I did for a specific jump I didn't know how to clear.

Once you beat the game it feels extremely rewarding.

You know, I'm not averse to hard rhythm games, I can beat stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHsdNDgXn0

And yet, for some reason, Runner is giving me a hard time, despite infintely easier note patterns. I suspect the game has some floaty input timing (maybe caused by me using x360ce to have it work properly with my DualShock2) - sometimes I can clear some sections, despite clearly being off key from music.

Anyways, yeah, I soldiered on to 3-11, this one broke me. I know that only this and Boss 3 remain, but after that last play session (4 hours, to repeat, with no results), I don't see myself returning to the game.

Nevertheless, I still bought Runner 2 - (optional) checkpoints should make the game much more fun.

Freezard

2. Is it worth the extra $5 to grab the bundle with the dlcs if I plan to play strictly single player?

That's a bit cloudy. Opposing Fronts' campaign is just as good as the original's, if not better, but the second expansion pack is very short and kind of crappy (didn't even finish it). So I don't know if purely OF is worth $5, but on the other hand both campaigns are better than CoH2's for much less money.

Acccent

The code is Gooncave

Try to change your billing address to an US one, choose a state that applies no taxes such as Minnesota, for example. Believe me, that works.

Ah, it worked!

My address used to be 1 First Avenue, New York. Now it's 1 Central Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, and life's way cheaper here indeed.

Prophane33

You know, I'm not averse to hard rhythm games, I can beat stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHsdNDgXn0

And yet, for some reason, Runner is giving me a hard time, despite infintely easier note patterns. I suspect the game has some floaty input timing (maybe caused by me using x360ce to have it work properly with my DualShock2) - sometimes I can clear some sections, despite clearly being off key from music.

Anyways, yeah, I soldiered on to 3-11, this one broke me. I know that only this and Boss 3 remain, but after that last play session (4 hours, to repeat, with no results), I don't see myself returning to the game.

Nevertheless, I still bought Runner 2 - (optional) checkpoints should make the game much more fun.

I think you just sold Runner 2 to me. I was really frustrated with the first one after a certain point. Checkpoints would make the game so much better.

BibiMaghoo

You can level up your stuff, but the heists are all the same. It's amazing for the first play through but not really worth playing again.

The heists have dynamic changes each time you play them. Different things will happen, different areas will be open or locked.

One playthrough does the game no justice at all.

There is a reason that the hardest settings for the game cannot be unlocked until you reach level 145. This setting alters the game even further.

Play it some more.

Jonm1010

Banned

1. Since the change to steamworks it no longer requires a relic account right? Hate having to create a million different accounts, especially when I only plan to play Single player.

Seconded on this. I have the pack in my cart but haven't committed yet in case I'm wasting my money on DLC that is primarily multiplayer and I won't get any use out of.

Tomodachi

Whaaaaaa??

Those are Italian playing cards (that also come in several regional graphics variations), but neither I did know that they could be found outside Italy, nor that they needed to put the number in the corners to explain cards value! :D

They look very similar to neapolitan and sicilian cards (not surprisingly) but I think those in the image are spanish.

MacPixal!! I only ask that you claim it if you dont already own it and plan to play.
Fun little game and Cards, nuff said. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mcpixel -- MB-72251D1E1E38F4E1 - Taken by intheinbetween

Shambles

There are some pretty fundamental issues with a lot of these games that that is input lag. Runner is absolutely unplayable for my on my HTPC because of the lag which is a shame because the music really adds to the game.

In celebration of me clearing the first level of Super Hexagon:
(Steam Gifts, no codes)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon #2 -- MB-082A16CEB1D6E395 - Taken by DukeBobby
Super Hexagon #1 -- MB-1D84F1B970A42B7A - Taken by derExperte

maty

Guys, I have a 75% off coupon for Forge that works with the current deal.

I'm not interested in buying it but if anyone wants it just ask. You could get the 4-pack for $3.74

derExperte

In celebration of me clearing the first level of Super Hexagon:
(Steam Gifts, no codes)

Thank you! Bought it for my smartphone but almost immediately after that changed to a WP8 device, so couldn't really get into it. Let's see how terrible my reflexes have become..

Copons

They look very similar to neapolitan and sicilian cards (not surprisingly) but I think those in the image are spanish.

Whoa, I checked on Wiki and I found a lot of mindblowing stuff!

Formally so-called Italian cards are the ones found only in northern Italy, which I barely ever seen, living in Rome (so central-southern Italy).
Italian cards suits are the same but the graphics are very different.

In the rest of the country (Neaples, Sicily, ecc.), we actually use Spanish cards...

Well, the more I know, GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom