• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

Can anyone send me an invite to the NeoGAF group? I realize I've never actually joined it lol.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/garath/

edit: Thanks guys :)

Yeah, me too please. I never did get around to joining it, just sharing in the 'yays' and 'boos' each day at noon central time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fattybob77/

Also, why does steam make me confirm by sending a code to my email every single time I log in to Steam from a browser? It never remembers me. Maybe a setting on chrome? Even when I log in here from chrome, it 'remembers' my user name and password but still have to click to log in.

Edit: Got the invite, thx guys.

You know you can't just drop a line like that without some kind of explanation.

Along about 7am my body went down the entire checklist of heart attack symptoms, I mean it ran the gamut, so I drove my ass to the hospital. EKG was great, blood work was great, so yeah... panic attack. Like, a monster panic attack, like it had tentacles and hooves and shit. I do have anxiety but I've never had this happen.

Now here in a day or two I get to be all like DAT HOSPITAL BILL

masterkajo

Now that I've bought Dark Souls, any resource I could check out to see the best mods I can use? Sorry, I know this has been posted before, but I can't find it.

Dark Souls Nexus has quite a few. The most import of course is DSfix to make it "playable" (60FPS, higher resolution, SMAA). On the nexus there are quite a few HD texture packs and some small other stuff.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tidalis -- MB-41C66BECBD7D210A - Taken by didamangi
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood -- MB-7D66B19E3D8A0C78 - Taken by Mugatu
Shattered Haven -- MB-734D4B4934BE493A - Taken by Cth

Cth

Along about 7am my body went down the entire checklist of heart attack symptoms, I mean it ran the gamut, so I drove my ass to the hospital. EKG was great, blood work was great, so yeah... panic attack. Like, a monster panic attack, like it had tentacles and hooves and shit. I do have anxiety but I've never had this happen.

At least you didnt call an ambulance, right?

I hear panic attacks are the worst, my sister got them.

Crayons

Banned

:( Well it's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad you're okay. Take care of yourself.

cicero

I'm glad you are ok. Here is something to help you in your recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqImkDgDwHU

Mista Koo

NZ1hX0F.png

I'm not sure which one to vote for.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That is a decent hand.

Unless you meant you were playing the inferior Truco.
Only decent you say? What the h...? It's probably the best hand you could get!

Oh, I get it, by "inferior Truco" you mean the real one, the Argentinian version. Had an Uruguayan friend try to explain me that awful version once, but it looked terrible and complicated.

Whaaaaaa??

Those are Italian playing cards (that also come in several regional graphics variations), but neither I did know that they could be found outside Italy, nor that they needed to put the number in the corners to explain cards value! :D
Spanish deck, actually. They are very popular in South America, and Truco is an excellent game.

In fact, I'd love to have a Steam version of it. With Steamworks features, so I could easily play multiplayer with people in my friend list (of course, it should support up to 6 players), and Workshop support to allow custom card pictures/colors. If someone wants to make such a game, I'd buy the shit out of it.

masterkajo

So I just handed in my thesis and now I don't feel like playing anything anymore. What the hell, brain?

It took me about three weeks after handing in my thesis until I went back to being "normal" again where the first week I moved back home was lying in bed and ordering my mother around bringing me stuff (she kicked me out again after a week or it might have gone on for longer). I had no desire to do anything. I often watched stupid TV stuff because I was to lazy to switch channels. Got better after a time.

Well anyway, congratulations. It is a big step and you can be proud of yourself!

:( Well it's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad you're okay. Take care of yourself.

I got sick to my stomach, light headed, my chest got really tight, my heart started racing and skipping beats, most of my body went cold, and when I got there and got on the bed my legs were shaking almost comically, like I literally thought I was done. It was terrifying. My heart rate and blood pressure were a little high but after the EKG and such they weren't concerned.

Thanks for the kind words though! My heart's still beating a little fast but not alarmingly so but otherwise I feel fine. Now how about a Half-Life 3 daily

Wait...

Why were you in the ER?

See above!

Now that I've bought Dark Souls, any resource I could check out to see the best mods I can use? Sorry, I know this has been posted before, but I can't find it.

I wouldn't mess with anything except the all important DSFIX by Durante, which unlocks framerate, raises resolution to whatever you want, and adds other awesome features, and DSCFIX (Dark Souls Connection Fix) if you plan on playing with friends, it'll hook you up instantly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait...

Why were you in the ER?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Torchlight II is reaaaaly good, incredibly fun. Another big thanks to the people in this thread whom convinced me to go get it. I had a love/hate relationship with the original so I had doubts about buying the game for a while, but great scott. This is great!
So many small and big refinements. Looting is more interesting and fun and this time it really is a world you want to explore. Great skilltree's and it looks absoulutely beautifull to boot.

Yup.

Awesome.

Also, i'm not collectin cards anymore so I started selling them. I mean, I already have the Psychonauts badge, unless something weird happens and the Monkey Island SE's get cards there aren't any "necessary" badges anymore. :p
I must say, it's quite fun, watching them munmun's rolling into your account. Like 1,12 in five minutes. :p

I didn't want to turn this into a sympathy thread, I mean I definitely appreciate the kind words I just thought I'd take something that sucked and make something a bit amusing out of it, to me at least. :p

plus GAF is e-family

Cth

I got sick to my stomach, light headed, my chest got really tight, my heart started racing and skipping beats, most of my body went cold, and when I got there and got on the bed my legs were shaking almost comically, like I literally thought I was done. It was terrifying. My heart rate and blood pressure were a little high but after the EKG and such they weren't concerned.

Thanks for the kind words though! My heart's still beating a little fast but not alarmingly so but otherwise I feel fine. Now how about a Half-Life 3 daily

See above!

I had a vertigo attack at work once.. never had a family history of it, but apparently the symptoms are similar to a heart attack except no tingling in the arms. Basically, there's so many things that resemble a heart attack, but it's better safe than sorry.

Have you thought about a heart monitor watch or something to keep tabs on things?

Crayons

Banned

Yeah, I had a panic attack myself once when I was 7 so I know what it's like. Was not fun at all.

I didn't want to turn this into a sympathy thread, I mean I definitely appreciate the kind words I just thought I'd take something that sucked and make something a bit amusing out of it, to me at least. :p

plus GAF is e-family

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing here when I skinned my knees :p

inky

LOL, just got a booster pack, did a quick search and it is the least valuable of them all =/ (Gratuitous space battles, selling for $0.40)

I wonder - I know Hospital Tycoon is no Theme Hospital, but is it playable?

I stole this from the Hospital Tycoon community:

Short answer.... No. Well. Its not better then Theme Hospital. I got it because I played it on someone elses comp. Its theme hospital in 3D midly put. Its got a kinda annoying-voice female guide, speaking in The Sims-like gibberish speech. But it has smooth nice music (classical with jazz lounge influences etc) and its a pleasant space to dwell in. And at this price its a steal. There are some bugs that might prevent progress in the campaign though. I played a cracked copy of this many years ago and then I couldnt get past lvl 7 or 9 because the engineers glitched and couldnt move or attract more of them lol.

marrec

Banned

plus GAF is e-family

Just to make sure, don't look at the next set of deals until we tell you it's okay.

"Trigger warning: Skyrim's on sale again. :("

;P

Have you thought about a heart monitor watch or something to keep tabs on things?

I'm considering it. Usually my heart is fine, I don't get chest pains or anything like that or shortness of breath and I exercise/eat at least somewhat healthy. It's not something I've ever thought about but I'm really skittish about my health so I may very well look into it soon.

Just to make sure, don't look at the next set of deals until we tell you it's okay.

"Trigger warning: Skyrim's on sale again. :("

Steam sales are actually like fight or flight sometimes.

Originally Posted by marrec:
Wait...

Why were you in the ER?

Originally Posted by brandonh83:

Yeah, this thread just moves so fast and has so many active posters - I can only imagine the number of repeat questions and posts.

Edit: anyways, ttyl GAF - off to do something product (in societies eyes) for a few hours.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

are those the same as anxiety attacks?
Had one once, a few years back, very frightening experience at first, felt like I'd lost control of my body.

I got sick to my stomach, light headed, my chest got really tight, my heart started racing and skipping beats, most of my body went cold, and when I got there and got on the bed my legs were shaking almost comically, like I literally thought I was done. It was terrifying.
Sounds pretty similar. For me it was intense nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and seeing "stars" etc, along with shortness of breath and shaking limbs to the point I couldn't stand and had a difficult time speaking or dialing on the phone at first.

See above!

I've suffered mild panic/anxiety attacks too so I know how you feel.

Mine weren't as bad as yours but I've gotten some where I literally lost my voice and couldn't speak, and others were I started shaking a little.

Hope you get better soon, you are not alone.

metalshade

Here in the civilised world, healthcare is free my man!
Sorry you had a bad day though.
Hopefully some great deals will turn up to make it a bit better.

are those the same as anxiety attacks?
Had one once, a few years back, very frightening experience at first, felt like I'd lost control of my body.

I... think? If there's a difference between panic/anxiety attacks I don't know of it.

I've suffered mild panic/anxiety attacks too so I know how you feel.

Mine weren't as bad as yours but I've gotten some where I literally lost my voice and couldn't speak, and others were I started shaking a little.

Hope you get better soon, you are not alone.

Thanks! Yeah I've had a history of mild panic attacks, but none that have ever sent me to the hospital. I mean damn!

Tecl0n

Oh, I get it, by "inferior Truco" you mean the real one, the Argentinian version. Had an Uruguayan friend try to explain me that awful version once, but it looked terrible and complicated.

6 7 1 is a much better hand IMO. Also, i had no idea uruguay had a different version. We need trucosteamworks.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Oh, I get it, by "inferior Truco" you mean the inferior, boring one, the Argentinian version. Had an Uruguayan friend try to explain me that excellent and superior version once, but it looked awesome and I'm a terrible human being for not liking it.
Fixed that for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom