• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The :weed: emoticon is common and selling for over $10, haha.

It might be a good idea to buy up every Port Royale card and craft, craft, craft.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
the system shock 2 rare background is going for 3.50. i've never seen a background go for that much

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hahaha, however I have to admit that I actually like that background.

They're not bad backgrounds - the "fiasco" part comes from the fact that all 5 profile backgrounds for Farming Simulator have the same name and are thus all grouped together in the market.

Its a co op game through and through. Single player is just with bots. It is playable, and you will have a little fun with it, but miss the best bit of the game.

That being, playing on 145+ mode with a good team, and 100% having to plan out and work together to complete the level.

It is the best coop game I have ever played. Half my steam friend list is made up of people that were randoms playing the game. There is a little elitism to it at times, just because of the need to work together on higher settings, but it is truly great with a good team.

Don't worry about having people to play with, there are always active games, and you can host yourself if they are full. You really need to play this game with a team for it to be great. You will find some levels are actually impossible alone or with bots on higher settings.

Mic bascially required or is text chat ok?

Digoman

Sang-froid --
[...]
The game is a little rough around the edges, load times are pretty long, some of the English voice acting is Quebecois accented, it's not going to win any best looking awards, etc. But there's a lot of heart here and what I've played so far has been very enchanting to me. I recommend Sang-Froid at its flash deal price of $5.09, and I hope that when the next sale rolls around I'm not the only one here who has played it. This was an independent game made by a Quebecois author and a small team of 5-6 people, and it made it through Greenlight, so if you want to support the process and show that it can achieve good results and help independents, here's your test case.

Thanks for the impressions. I actually took a chance and bought this when it was a deal based on the Giantbomb and TotalBiscuit videos, but it's very nice to see that it more or less corresponds with what I was expecting. Probably going to try it this weekend now that I have a little more free time.

Now I need to go to Toma's indie thread and add stuff on my wishlist for the final days of the sale...

Its a co op game through and through. Single player is just with bots. It is playable, and you will have a little fun with it, but miss the best bit of the game.

That being, playing on 145+ mode with a good team, and 100% having to plan out and work together to complete the level.

It is the best coop game I have ever played. Half my steam friend list is made up of people that were randoms playing the game. There is a little elitism to it at times, just because of the need to work together on higher settings, but it is truly great with a good team.

Don't worry about having people to play with, there are always active games, and you can host yourself if they are full. You really need to play this game with a team for it to be great. You will find some levels are actually impossible alone or with bots on higher settings.

I figured I wouldn't enjoy it as much playing solo especially with having to plan out missions. I just have a shitty internet connection so it really hinders my ability to play online.

Just beat my first PC game in probably about 20+ years (Gunpoint). Loved it. Great little game.

My post game / in game blog ...

NOTE: Don't read if you're interested in the game

16 dead. 26 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. I've had better weeks.

They don't let me name names on this blog, but the person behind the hit I was investigating is probably being picked up by the East Point police about now.

Killing him wasn't worth the stain on my conscience.

I didn't get the trigger man. It was the only play I could stomach. Wish I could say it was the right one.

I don't know.

I think I picked the right side.

Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe all that matters is justice.

Either way, I need a drink.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Why? Did he lose a bet or something? Why would you make him do that? Is he REALLY your friend or do you secretly want to make his life miserable by playing Binary Domain?

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

EDIT: Serious reply, Binary Domain was fantastic for what it was, a goofy japanese sci-fi shooter with decent mechanics.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any recommendations that look nice? I'm currently using the Pig Hotline Miami background.

As an astrophysicist, I like the fact that like 1/5th of the profile backgrounds are space related. I'm currently rocking this one:

400x400

But with so many to choose from, it's really just up to your personal preference. Of course, I recommend Enhanced Steam so you don't have to pay for the one you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom