• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

gal civ2 is on sale, i've been wanting it pretty badly.
Still have the MoTN code, so people pleeeeaaaase could you trade me GalCiv2 for MoTN ?
the first one was good and the second one comes highly recommended from GAF

EDIT: I also have a deus ex HR gift.

Eusis

Well, Tomb Raider's the one I had second thoughts on, versus only not owning Bioshock's pre-order DLC and owning everything Skyrim, so that's a pretty easy choice.

Of course Skyrim's going to win this, especially with the (guaranteed to be fixed) free price tag.

Booshka

Yep voting for Skyrim at 0 dollars.

Also, wasn't Roller Coaster Tycoon supposed to be 75% off, it is showing 50%. Hopefully only one of those errors gets fixed lol.

Exeunt

Also, wasn't Roller Coaster Tycoon supposed to be 75% off, it is showing 50%. Hopefully only one of those errors gets fixed lol.

That usually happens right after the community choice deal switches over. It'll be corrected in a few minutes (probably along with Skyrim).

Salsa

I think Steam is trolling me cause it knows I hate Tomb Raider

ib108A7zyzkXIf.PNG

iigFGlpdA2naw.PNG

Shit, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum has been bought. I had them on disk but I like to play them every summer and its nice to not have to put the disk in.

My damage so far:

Bastion
Castle Crashers
Duke Nukem 3D
Faster Than Light
Fez
Hotline Miami
Just Cause 2
Mirror's Edge
Portal 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Spec Ops: The Line
Swapper, the
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider (2013)
Trine
Trine 2: Complete Story
Walking Dead, the
Witcher 2, the

neoism

ok FUCK YOU steam goddamn it I've gotten 3 Dead Island Riptide Summer Getaway cards in a row

-___________________________________________________-

cicero

It's dead, if you were to buy it RIGHT NOW you'd find maybe less then 50 people playing, but then again it's almost 5 am right now so maybe it's just down time.

I think it's dead, I never find people playing these old games like quake, people claim that UT99 is still being played but most of the time they don't filter out the servers that fill the empty slots with bots.
Thanks for the info, based on that I decided to skip it in favor of something else I might have a much better chance of enjoying.

BHK3

Banned
I played so long ago that probably shouldn't even talk, but I don't remember Unreal 2 being a bad game... It had quite a few great levels (for that time). And original UT was great. Not sure how these play now, though.

Well all the UT's are great, but I can't check how many people are playing them. Checking UT2004 you can't set the server list to 'all modes', which makes it look smaller then it is but some game modes have no servers at all, death and ctf have the most obviously but currently not many players. I remember playing some sort of mode where all you did was kill wave upon wave of skarrj, really wish I remember what it was called, would love to play those again.

Unreal 2 was ok, compared to 1 though it really paled.

Skirn

how much do you like cinematics in your game?

good gunplay marred by frequent interrupts.

did not like it and regretted it for getting it even for cheap.

I don't mind cutscenes, but apparently you can't skip them, which sucks for replays. And what the hell's with the unnecessary filter effects? Looks pretty annoying.

I'll skip...

is vanilla Skyrim going to have a special deal this sale or just Legendary? A friend of mine wants to buy it, I told him to wait for the dailies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've considered purchasing 2 or 3 copies of RT3 to flog off for a bunch of TF2 keys when Atari's games are inevitably pulled, but I imagine it's likely to return under a different publisher.

Tellaerin

I played so long ago that probably shouldn't even talk, but I don't remember Unreal 2 being a bad game... It had quite a few great levels (for that time). And original UT was great. Not sure how these play now, though.

Unreal 2 wasn't bad. (And XMP, the multiplayer, was awesome.) It's just that the original Unreal was a really hard act to follow. Most people were expecting the same kind of experience (a lone character trekking across one big planet, fighting a variety of aliens and picking up bits of story through log files and translator messages - in some ways it was Metroid Prime before 3D Metroid was a thing), and U2 just didn't deliver the same kind of experience. It's still a decent ride.

Unreal 2 wasn't bad. (And XMP, the multiplayer, was awesome.) It's just that the original Unreal was a really hard act to follow. Most people were expecting the same kind of experience (a lone character trekking across one big planet, fighting a variety of aliens and picking up bits of story through log files and translator messages - in some ways it was Metroid Prime before 3D Metroid was a thing), and U2 just didn't deliver the same kind of experience. It's still a decent ride.

The first level of Unreal 2 still sticks with me. The rest of the game neither here nor there, but I was impressed at the time.

How is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum? Does it run fine on modern OSes?

Not sure about a modern OS but it does run fine on windows 8

Holy shit those threads move faaaast.

So Roller Coaster Tycoon's supposed to be good right?

It is sort of just ok. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 was the amazing one. As usual with these things, they upgraded the graphics and engine for 3 and in the process lost most of the great features and detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom