• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh GAF, I still remember you guys suggesting Rayman to me during last year's sale and ended up disappointed. :/

Chronoja

What were the GMG errors? God, I don't know why I'm tempted to buy Star Trek, we gave it 2/10.

But still, that's cheap :p

Back during their 666 summer sale every time I attempted to buy Star Trek it resulted in some error, can't remember the specifics. On multiple browsers, even 6 days later when it went back up for the repeat. But it was more expensive then than is now so it saved me in the long run.

I know it's a bad game and all but after seeing star trek D-A-C get pulled off steam (not counting retail keys still being redeemable) I wanted to get it before the same happened.
Plus, birgirpall made it look hilarious

edge.gif

Nice, thank you! Was just going to buy it when the store would load. I'm going to give away something in the next few minutes too, so hold on tight.

Fireblend

Banned
Also here's my Steam recommendation for Rayman Origins:

Far and away the best platformer I've played in years, and probably one of the best games in recent memory. It excels in all areas - visuals, level design, gameplay mechanics, sound, music... it's just perfect. The story is as complex as it should be, because the absolute, cheer fun one experiences when playing this overshadows it enormously. Local co-op is about the most fun I've had in any multiplayer videogame in a very long time and improves upon the single-player campaign as if there was no other way to play the game. There are some puzzles here and there but since the gameplay is meant for fun, fast-paced platforming they're not there very often. Some gameplay sections are played within a shmup-like minigame that's often as fun and charming as the platforming parts. The enemies and bosses are well done and the game's an absolute pleasure to look at. Get it. Get it now.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The current Monaco 4-pack seems to be a mess at the moment, and I had a non-GAF friend who wanted one anyway, so I bought a pack.

I have 2 Monaco games to give out: $5.59 each. PM me if you want to buy one!

Edit: Wow that was fast.

Saiyan-Rox

I see star trek was 4.99 too much lol was tempted by fable but then I had flashbacks when i played it the first time....oh gawd no no...NO!!!!

So nothing for me today :) only 3 cards away from the summer sale badge tho:(

I didn't think this sale would be worse than the miserable winter sale last year but I was wrong. Why do this for so many fucking days if its just the same shit over and over? Do a two day sale and save us the grief. There is not enough bitching I could do that would properly express my discontent!

Pandemic

Should I buy Train Simulator 2013?! I'm a fan of simulation games like euro truck simulator but I'm not sure on this one...

Help please..

elhav

Never played a civilization game before :mad:. I loved rome total war but not so hot on other traditional strategy games, would you say civ 5 is a good start for a first time player?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It has HD graphics for PC, if it will please you ^^.

Wait, wait, wait.. are you saying my Vita copy isn't HD? I'm sure it is. Fuckin thing looks gorgeous on the OLED.

I actually can't imagine it looking any better, but I guess we'll see if my mind can be blown.

Is Rayman fun solo? Or should it really only be played co-op?

Absolutely. It's honestly in my top 3 all time for platformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom