• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Vote for RCR, I already own Super Meat Boy and Runner 2 on Steam (and I own a separate retail copy of Super Meat Boy and I own it on 360, yikes!)--but I only own RCR on 360 and want to rebuy for posterity.

You got it, boss.

edit: WTF is it with this Dead Island Riptide card. I have like 4 of these shits now.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For everyone hoping for a Rogue Legacy daily or flash sale, I contacted the developers about it on twitter and this is their response.

WyNy1PH.png

So, probably isn't happening. If you're looking to get Rogue Legacy no need to wait, unless you like your 10% odds !

Crayons

Banned
You guys can prepare tomatos, potatos and even stones, but here's a question: should i get Baldur's Gate? I never played it and have no idea what's that. Heard that it's unforgetting RPG. I'm not really into RPG's, but i enjoyed Diablos, Torchlights, The Bard's Tale... Vagrant Story, if you want.

Plus there is a Fable 3. Really loved the first one, played a bit of the second one and never the third? Yay or nay?

And yeah, one more. Star. Fucking. Trek. For 4 bucks. Please talk me out of it. Im not even a Star Trek fan, but still so tempting...

If you really must play it now, get it here.

Mod support, less buggy, free bonuses.

Thaster

Since people helped me, here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

edit: For the sake of 'exhaustiveness', I'll add those even though I won't use them:

Cool. Thanks for this. I just bought Dark Souls yesterday so this will be plenty useful!

Martian

Fucking hell, the only game I actually planned on getting this sale cant go lower than 12 euros for a 7 year old game? What the fuck bethesda.

Im sure it was 5 during the winter sales

Nymphae

Banned
For everyone hoping for a Rogue Legacy daily or flash sale, I contacted the developers about it on twitter and this is their response.

WyNy1PH.png

So, probably isn't happening. If you're looking to get Rogue Legacy no need to wait, unless you like your 10% odds !

No purchase for me. I can wait for the next Steam sale.

Enco

WyNy1PH.png

Sounds like this is another bullshit decision by Valve.

Ah well. We got Train Sim and Awesomenauts again....

rockx4

WyNy1PH.png

So there's still a chance! Waiting till the last day of the sale won't kill me.

Time for another giveaway! Probably my favourate JRPG of this gen, so I hope the winner enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Remnant -- MB-4567D79088C09B78 - Taken by stutte

Jawmuncher

I was tempted by Star Trek but realized i'll just wait for the winter sale when it's 5.00
Im just mad i've missed counter strike TWICE now, hopefully it pops up soon as a daily.

Unai

I wanted to buy Rayman, but the next one will have a lot of levels from this game. Too bad we don't know if it will come to PC yet.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It is a good and very pretty platformer. But it isn't one of the best, I agree.

Yeah it's very mediocre - only thing big for it is its visuals, which is what are generally the praises tend to be then confuse it as though it's the whole deal. You don't see people praising its terrible jumping mechanics and awkward physics.

Bully is now 75% off, what was it when it was up a couple of days ago, i think it might have been less discounted (higher price).

Well it became a community pick :p

Sensible person starts a new card at 1.00.

New person sells it at .40

Crazy :D

It's ridiculous. It's a race to the bottom and it results in all of the cards now going for less than ten cent.

Also, I too am getting a problem loading the store page. It's a shame Rayman isn't lower though. I'd love to triple dip on it (serioously, anybody that has not played it I urge you to do so) but I've blown my budget and with how the card market is currently I don't think there's anyway I'll be able to get an extra €5 from them. I absolutely urge anybody that can, and who enjoys platformers, to get it though. I can barely conceive how it could disappoint you (also on that note I've played it solo and it's my favourite platformer in a long time so don't let that be an obstacle).

Voted for Runner 2 before the store went down, I missed that game the first time around.

If you're desperate for super meat boy its 75% off at GMG for $3.75

Ardvent

Monaco is a must for me, but i'm not sure if I want Trials or Rayman as well. I played Trials on my PS3 and loved it, and when I started Rayman on the Wii I figured i'd wait for the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom