• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

This is worse than the daily "omg Skyrim only 10%" posts.
People have a feeling for what the cards are worth now. Listing them higher for a game that a million people have is pointless.

When the game has been out for a while, sure.

When it first launches? Pure idiocy.

Bizzity

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Awesomenauts to anyone interested. It's a really fun 2d MOBA style side-scroller. Balance is constantly addressed and new characters are added all the time. The art style gives a Saturday morning cartoon vibe that can't help but make one smile! Yes, I love it. And I am terrible at it.

HoosTrax

You guys can prepare tomatos, potatos and even stones, but here's a question: should i get Baldur's Gate? I never played it and have no idea what's that. Heard that it's unforgetting RPG. I'm not really into RPG's, but i enjoyed Diablos, Torchlights, The Bard's Tale... Vagrant Story, if you want.

Plus there is a Fable 3. Really loved the first one, played a bit of the second one and never the third? Yay or nay?

And yeah, one more. Star. Fucking. Trek. For 4 bucks. Please talk me out of it. Im not even a Star Trek fan, but still so tempting...
Honestly, the first Baldur's Gate was very forgettable to me. The main reason to play it would be for backstory and for the persistent character progression going into the sequel, which is indeed an unforgettable game.

The second game has stronghold quests, class-specific quests, more interesting and varied environmental design and character interaction, etc.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I still have no clue what the hell the person was thinking who decided that menu song on Trials Evolution was a good idea...

Sendou

I'd buy Trials but can't really deal with Uplay anymore.

How is Skyrim's DLC (Heartfire, Dawnguard, Dragonborn)? It's quite expensive. Some Workshop creations seemingly require those.

Acccent

Voted for Runner 2 before the store went down, I missed that game the first time around.

This is like

no team spirit at all!

You had your chance man. No wonder GAF never wins the community vote if people just vote for things that went on sale previously and don't focus on one pick.

FACE

Banned
You guys can prepare tomatos, potatos and even stones, but here's a question: should i get Baldur's Gate? I never played it and have no idea what's that. Heard that it's unforgetting RPG. I'm not really into RPG's, but i enjoyed Diablos, Torchlights, The Bard's Tale... Vagrant Story, if you want.

Grab the GOG version and mod it, you'll be better off.

Everyone that doesn't have Rayman Origins and pass on this deal is soulless and has bad taste.

Copons

The steam version is an enhanced version that is really worse than a basic version with the right mods.

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear.

On Steam you got an (awful) enhanced version, ok.
But can't you put mods on this enhanced version?

(I'm asking because a couple of guys I know want to buy this one but do not have a GOG account, so I'm gonna need to be very convincing when I'll tell them to switch to GOG)

cicero

For everyone hoping for a Rogue Legacy daily or flash sale, I contacted the developers about it on twitter and this is their response.

WyNy1PH.png

So, probably isn't happening. If you're looking to get Rogue Legacy no need to wait, unless you like your 10% odds !

Common sense should tell anyone that a highly successful game isn't going to have some huge sale only three weeks after its release. At the least, it certainly wouldn't go below the pre-order price of $10.

Grief.exe

Honestly, the first Baldur's Gate was very forgettable to me. The main reason to play it would be for backstory and for the persistent character progression going into the sequel, which is indeed an unforgettable game.

The second game has stronghold quests, class-specific quests, more interesting and varied environmental design and character interaction, etc.

Sounds like we need to be getting the GOG version of BG2.

I want NWN2 Platinum back on Steam

Wait for the dailies! Albion Prelude has been lower than that. Albeit not by much.

http://www.steamprices.com/us/dlc/201310/x3-albion-prelude

The Steam Registry entry just got an update, so its a possibility the game will go on sale today.

Have you heard of Star CItizen?

Well, I already bought it, but the price was not that bad, I think.
I paid for Albion the equivalent to US$ 3,81 (R$ 8,49 - brazilian currency).
But thanks for the tip anyway! :)

I was eager to play the game. In fact, Star Citizen was the reason I bought X3.
When I saw the Star Citizen trailers, I felt I was watching some 3DMark benchmark, and started to think the huge scale of the game and all the possibilities. So I felt in need to play a good space sim "now". And found X3 (and there`s a sequel coming for this one, right?).

I'm really enjoying it, and can't wait to put my hands on Star Citizen too. I'm really excited for this game (and X3 sequel too).

Enco

The game has only been out for a couple of weeks.

So this really shouldn't be a surprise.
New games have had bigger price cuts. Look at Metro LL.

It's not just release date. La Mulana is another example where the dev said Valve wasn't interested. With so many games on steam the release date can hardly be used as an excuse.

Rogue Legacy can't get front page listing but War Z Infestation: Survivor Stories can lol
Valve Decision Making (TM)

So is the PC version of Bully a crappy port? Any big problems with it?
Yes. Mods can fix it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom