• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockx4

Voted for Skyrim. After I get Dragonborn I'll be free to spend the remainder of my wallet on other games.

I've been interested in 4x games but I haven't really been able to get into them. I've tried Civ IV for a few hours but never really got the hang of it. I think I remember people saying Galactic Civilizations 2 is easier to get into, would others recommend it as a starter 4x game?

Jørdan

beLHzEe.jpg

I'm counting your votes so no surprises ok.

The Swapper is fantastic, but the "point of no return" is a bit jerkish. Especially when I find out all ten achievements are
rooms that require you to walk or swap past unmarked walls
. You basically have to guide to get them. I got everything else, I even doubled back for all the new messages after a certain late point.

Still, fantastic, stunning game.

I don't mind cutscenes, but apparently you can't skip them, which sucks for replays. And what the hell's with the unnecessary filter effects? Looks pretty annoying.

I'll skip...

They patched it so that you can skip some cutscenes, like the shorter ones immediately, but for the longer ones you quasi have to watch them. Also, the filter is supposed to represent his pill and alcohol addiction, but yeah that doesn't make it less annoying.

Tomodachi

It is sort of just ok. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 was the amazing one. As usual with these things, they upgraded the graphics and engine for 3 and in the process lost most of the great features and detail.
Too bad the second is not on Steam then, I'll go with the third for now and try to get the second later, somehow. Thanks.

PaulLFC

Wondered why Skyrim's potential discount was so low, then I saw it got a price cut to £14.99.

That makes the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs, at £13.99 each, almost as expensive as the game itself. That's just weird.

Edit: Seems its an error rather than a price cut?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
That Skyrim one must be a fuckup, I can't actually get on the page to view the product on click-through at the moment.

Still voted for it though, for DLC I only ever bought Hearthfire (yeah, I'm sorry).

I already dumped 130 hours of my life into that game. I need help. ;.;

Dear god....

Actually jokes aside I can certainly see that. I wish I was a bit younger and less jaded so I could have lost myself in the game as I once would have. I think if you can roleplay a bit and fill in the gaps it would add so much more to the experience.

For now? I voted for tomb raider. Mainly so I got a card and an extra $0.18.

Mupod

I think SMT4 may save me from buying more shit this sale.

I actually finished Bioshock Infinite too, just in time before SMT would have put it in the backlog dumpster.

Just finished it, awesome game. It's like a 'puzzlevania', feels a bit unrefined at times (completed puzzles unsure if that's the legit way to complete them), but it was great fun.

I couldn't tell if I was making progress. Sometimes I didn't even know that I did anything to reach the next chalkboard.

Trippy ass game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should Skyrim actually appear at $0.00, it may be purchcaseable. Prior cases of this had the games fall into negative territory, which automatically removed the "Add to cart" option.

I know this is not the place, but I'm missing Kerbal Space Program card to complete the set. Anyone want to help a fellow GAFfer? Got a Bioshock Duplicate ready for a new home

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know this is not the place, but I'm missing Kerbal Space Program card to complete the set. Anyone want to help a fellow GAFfer? Got a Bioshock Duplicate ready for a new home

You could sell your dupe and put those cents towards the KSP card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom