• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Dust for $7.50...worth it GAF?

It's made by a gaffer, I've only seen good recommendations for it, and it's apparently like Castlevania. If I didn't have other plans, I'd grab it. As it is, I'll wait for it be cheaper or hit a bundle.

I tried out Antichamber just now

wneDxPx.jpg

Speaking of which, I've just been playing a bit of gateways http://store.steampowered.com/app/216290/.

Think portal, but in 2D. Well worth checking out...but fuck me.

Village

Hopefully todays dailies do not go back to suck like they have been the past few days.

Anyways, I do not really follow all these cards, I got something called a foil though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't sell or buy anything on the market until the 1st of August

Ah, bugger. :( Valve really ought to add a confirmation screen when changing payment methods, informing users that doing so will impose a temporary restriction on one's ability to market items.

Garteal

Is sweetfx supposed to disable steam overlay? Because it doesn't seem to work :|
Are you using Windows 8?
If so, that's the reason why. Windows 8 only allows one application to inject/monitor at a time.
I can't have FRAPS/Afterburner running if I want to use SweetFX.
And in a certain case, when I'm trying to play Just Cause 2, the Steam overlay won't appear when using FRAPS.

TheD

The Detective
Are you using Windows 8?
If so, that's the reason why. Windows 8 only allows one application to inject/monitor at a time.
And in a certain case, when I'm trying to play Just Cause 2, the Steam overlay won't appear when using FRAPS.

That has nothing to do with Windows 8, if you are going to fuck around with a DLL's memory addresses it will naturally break other programs that try and also change the contents of it's memory.

Garteal

That has nothing to do with Windows 8, if you are going to fuck around with a DLL's memory addresses it will naturally break other programs that try and also change the contents of it's memory.
It does. I've tried everything to get it to work properly, but to no avail.
Everything works perfectly fine under Windows 7.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Jesus, $30 for the Skyrim package. Why on earth are they charging that much for a two year old game?

Because they can.

ReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReus!

screen1.jpg

It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

50% off!

Reus Daily Deal!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Damn, £18.00 for the Skyrim pack. I should have voted something else.

Probably because Dragonborn is fairly recent.

Gvaz

Banned
Are you using Windows 8?

I'm on windows 7 and I also have fraps.

The best description of Reus i've seen is that it's like the episode of Futurama where bender is floating in space and becomes God.

The game looks phenomenally charming.

OTIX

I'm not at home so I'm on my ipad and I just got caught by the age gate. I'm so used to the date being saved that I just clicked through, not noticing that the default date is 2013. Why on earth is there a default year in the first place? Why would they allow you to click submit without changing the year? It makes no sense unless they're actually trying to "catch" people but that makes even less sense.

Anyway my options now are either to dig through an enormous unsorted list of cookies to find the steam related ones, or delete all cookies and have to relog into every site on the web. God fucking damn it.

not sure if this is the right thread, but I've got 2 of the tomb raider cards and I want to trade one of them for either the football manager card, the kerbel card, the reus card or the torchlight card. pm me if interested.

I think at this point you consume more money on the electricity when idling for cards than you get from the card sales.

Time to badge those bad boys guise

chugen

want a small game?

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! -- MB-29E7D4D25E46D4F3 - Taken by jshackles
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-0B8EEAECF306B079 - Taken by Xyber
McPixel -- MB-910A02D7A6D803A4 - Taken by ieavei
The Political Machine 2012 -- MB-469CCC867A78B4F2 - Taken by nacimento
Dinner Date -- MB-70BA44226B171717 - Taken by Boss Doggie

I got gal civ 2.. even though i know its gonna be too complicated for me lol. I played endless space for 5 minutes and was already overwhelmed.

not sure if this is the right thread, but I've got 2 of the tomb raider cards and I want to trade one of them for either the football manager card, the kerbel card, the reus card or the torchlight card. pm me if interested.

got someone to trade with. special thanks to The One Who Knocks, who offered me a card for free! good man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom