• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

They are, the best experience is with mods though, and both are FAR better than Deadly Shadows and remain two of the best games ever made, imo.
Any recommendations for Thief 2 Mods? Replaying System Shock 2 right now kinda makes me want to explore more of the golden PC era. Never got around to play the Thief games back then as I was more into Multiplayer FPS.

Grief.exe

Fireblend

Banned
My Steam activity is full of people grabbing Rayman and that makes my day. Such a good game
3AQmK.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any recommendations for Thief 2 Mods? Replaying System Shock 2 right now kinda makes me want to explore more of the golden PC era. Never got around to play the Thief games back then as I was more into Multiplayer FPS.

Have a read through this.

hlhbk

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rayman Origins -- MB-EF4220BD6A69C4E0

Enjoy!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of bridges, how's Bridge Project?

It was on sale earlier into the sale. It'll see a deeper discount again assuming there's a Might & Magic Flash Sale/Community's Choice deal or there are encore deals on the final day and the Might & Magic franchise is included.

Ahh neat. I probably missed that one.

If Boss Doggie isn't perpetuating false hoods, holding strange opinions, and generally making factually incorrect statements, then it isn't Boss Doggie posting.

That's who he is.

Ah but it's a genuine mistake that I corrected. I hope it's ribbing otherwise it's rubbing me the wrong way!

Totally disagree. You missed out a '>'.

I much prefer the original over its sequel, which seems to have some real AI issues and definitely has too many tedious mini-games. They're both good mind you, but you're likely to be match-3ed out by the time you've finished the first and the sequel just doesn't cut the mustard in comparison.

Why is the first game $4 and the second game $2.50 lol

Worth it. Don't expect the online multiplayer to be active though.

Well I'm convinced, will get PQ1 and Rayman Origins then. Don't really care about online in the case of PQ anyway.

nexen

Every time someone says "PQ1" I immediately think "Police Quest 1: In Pursuit of the Death Angel" and get excited that it is on steam. It isn't on Steam.

hlhbk

So I picked up Star Trek (had to see if it was as bad as reported), and the only Skyrim DLC I didn't own (hearthfire) today.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
All right Stump, since no one else seems to have any input:

- Maybe. It's not as bad as Colonial Marines, and given another year of development time it might have been decent. There's some mildly entertaining bits.
- Not really. Some visually interesting levels, but the actual design is super linear and not in a good way.
- Nope. It's a third person shooter with kind of crappy shooting. They attempt to introduce some stealth mechanics, but they don't really work. Enemies just see you.
- It's not hard, but it's frustrating in parts just because of how often something will go wrong. The mandatory AI is awful, and you need it to work in order to progress.
- I finished it on 360 in about 6 hours (Redbox, thank god).

Thank you, I appreciate the honest feedback--if I had just asked "How's Star Trek", I'd have gotten 50 people who didn't play the game replying with "SHIT LOL"

nexen

Can anyone recommend some good split-screen games with controller support, particularly ones that are ok for a small child?

I've already tried:
Sonic Racing Transformed
Renegade Ops
Castle Crashers

Anyone know of any others off hand?

HooYaH

Nice. Dragonborn DLC is 9.99 again. Boughten.

I was thinking of getting it, but I'm not quite sure if I will ever get to the content. I bought the game since launch and have yet to finish the main story line because I keep on dicking around and starting all over. I think the only main campaign I ever finish from Bethesda open world games is FO3.

Grief.exe

For those wondering about Prison Architect, I would suggest waiting. Unless you really want in now, the price will get significantly lower.

The developers chose to release the alpha at a higher price in order to attract only the truly dedicated to bug test their game and report issues.

I believe the base price will actually go down as it heads toward release. Could be wrong though.

cicero

http://www.gog.com/forum/thief_series/tgfix_widescreen_resolutions_fixedimproved_graphics_etc/page1

EDIT: Nevermind, Jase had the superior GOG page for the mods. I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

Have a read through this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone recommend some good split-screen games with controller support, particularly ones that are ok for a small child?

I've already tried:
Sonic Racing Transformed
Renegade Ops
Castle Crashers

Anyone know of any others off hand?

Rayman Origins if you're willing expand to same-screen multiplayer.

Edit: D'oh, thought I refreshed the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom