• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I appreciate the honest feedback--if I had just asked "How's Star Trek", I'd have gotten 50 people who didn't play the game replying with "SHIT LOL"

No problem, hope it helps. To be honest, the worst part of it for is just how decent it manages to be in spots because it makes you realize how great it could have been given more time and effort.

LeleSocho

Banned
At Valve they are such trolls... two minutes after the change of the dailies (that i haven't checked yet) they send me an email saying that FC3: Blood Dragon (the last game i decided to buy this summer) was on sale so i frenetically pushed f5 for the store to load only to see that FC3:BD wasn't in the dailies :/
they sent me now an email that they should've sent me a week ago :/

Grief.exe

It's unbearably hot here in England, and my pasty body can't deal with it.

I need a Winter themed game to cool me down.

Lost Planet? Don't Starve?

Keep in mind that Lost Planet Extreme Condition is Steamworks, while Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition is GFWL.

There was this Cryengine 3 skiing/boarding indie game I was keeping my eye on, let me dig that up.

Really hoping that Global Offensive is on sale by the end of the sale again, I know it most likely will be but I missed the chance to buy the game when it was still on community vote.

D:

on Star Trek: the AI doesn't seem to be much bother in the PC version.

The ending section though.... good lord. All in, I would say it is actually a "realistic" (in terms of budget, time, resources) attempt to make a ST game to go along with the movie.

A section of the voice acting seems to be have been taken from the movie, and some assets are clearly shared with the game developers (warp core and some other things).

it's ehm.. nice in some ways, really quite awful in others. I don't consider more boring than most sub-par shooters though. I personally felt the first few levels of FEAR3 were more boring.

edit: but I strongly recommend buying it at 5 bucks, not 7,50. Consider the difference between Fallout 3 or NV Goty at 5 bucks versus ST.Not worth it.

Can anyone recommend some good split-screen games with controller support, particularly ones that are ok for a small child?

I've already tried:
Sonic Racing Transformed
Renegade Ops
Castle Crashers

Anyone know of any others off hand?

Portal 2 might be something you can mess around in, and might be a great brain exercise for a kid, if just a bit too difficult.

Does it have to be splitscreen? There are quite a few indie games even that you can co-op on one machine.

Capsized
Pid
The Lego games
Trine and Trine 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Critter Crunch
Dust Force (I think)
Awesomenauts

Yay Civilization 5 on 75% sale again:) Missed it by 1 minute last time.

Just hoping for a decent discount on Age of Empires 2 HD and then I got the 2 games I want.

vazel

Banned
That's lame how the ranger mode dlc isn't on sale for Last Light. I tried doing the registry mod to enable ranger mode for free but it didn't work for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
can't believe I still haven't got any foil card dropped, smh

level 13, lots of cards gotten, badges crafted, many games bought, WTF??

Including Summer Sale cards, I've seen well over 100 drops since the sale began and there's not been a single foil among them.

Razorskin

----- ------
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/552/?cc=jp

fJKAG0i.png

Q6pK16E.jpg

Can anyone recommend some good split-screen games with controller support, particularly ones that are ok for a small child?

I've already tried:
Sonic Racing Transformed
Renegade Ops
Castle Crashers

Anyone know of any others off hand?

Oh, I also had some fun playing co-op in The Cave, with my girlfriend.
I think we wore out the fun, but we did complete the game twice, so well worth it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Hnnnnnnnng.

Holding off buying Trials to see what the Dailies are tomorrow as that would take up my last bit of money!

DukeBobby

Lost Planet? Don't Starve?

Keep in mind that Lost Planet Extreme Condition is Steamworks, while Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition is GFWL.

There was this Cryengine 3 skiing/boarding indie game I was keeping my eye on, let me dig that up.

Still waiting for a slightly lower price before grabbing Don't Starve.

Lost Planet Extreme Condition is £5. Hmm, tempting, but it could also drop further because it's only 50% off. I'm pretty sure it's already been on sale (flash sale, was it?), so I'll continue to wait.

Grief.exe

Found the Cryengine 3 Skiing/Snowboarding game.

Its F2P and open-world. Releasing sometime next year probably. I explained Steam Greenlight to the deveolpers last year, so they might put it up on there.

SNOW_Sialia_1.jpg

SNOW_Sialia_4.jpg

SNOW_Sialia_3.jpg

SNOW_Sialia_2.jpg

fantomena

My hopes for a daily/flash/cc on Timeshift, Hunted, ANother World and Papo are vanishing slowly. Will probably buy them tommorrow.

Btw, bought Conflict: Denied Ops. Yes, I know many people say it sucked, but I enjoyed the X360 demo.

Still waiting for a slightly lower price before grabbing Don't Starve.

Lost Planet Extreme Condition is £5. Hmm, tempting, but it could also drop further because it's only 50% off. I'm pretty sure it's already been on sale (flash sale, was it?), so I'll continue to wait.

can't believe I still haven't managed to make Lost Planet EC Colonies work on my rig (W8) it just crashes at launch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My hopes for a daily/flash/cc on Timeshift, Hunted, ANother World and Papo are vanishing slowly. Will probably buy them tommorrow.

Btw, bought Conflict: Denied Ops. Yes, I know many people say it sucked, but I enjoyed the X360 demo.

Not going to happen.

It's even unbearably hot here in Scotland, even more so than Leeds was yesterday.

Anyway- Cryostasis? Although it's not supposed to be very good, so might make your blood boil. Failing that, King's Bounty has some very pretty wintry levels, and the Total War games are always at their most atmospheric during winter battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom