• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Jørdan;71613386 said:
v6a8ZEX.png

Buahahahhahahaa. You win the internetz.

donny2112

I ended up buying it anyway.

I'm justifying it as some need of a Trek fix,

Yes. That's my excuse. Didn't want to buy at full price (i.e. $50). Was wavering at $15 (normal sale price), but didn't want to say "no" at $7.50. Even if I don't like it as a game, it's still worth $7.50 for the Star Trek tie-in-ed-ness :)lol) to me.

Damn, Civ V is up again and I lack monies, since I'll be most likely buying something on the last few sales days.

Sorry Firaxis, but at least you earned my money for XCOM. I'll grab Civ in the Winter sale.

hlhbk

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bully -- MB-089DE20F54BDB317 - Taken by scottzorus
Rayman Origins -- MB-A4F7EEBD2D037DFB - Taken by SinineSiil

Because I am having a great day and love GAF so much and want to give back to the great community when I can.

Grief.exe

That looks amazing. So long as there isn't instant death holes like SSX I'm sooo in.

Open world? Wow, that looks incredibly cool.

Got excited for a moment. Would kill for a great, realistic skiing/snowboarding game.

Alas, F2P makes that unlikely. Can't imagine there's too much talent or resources behind it. Sorry if that sounds dickish to indie developers, but pulling off great physics in a snowboarding game has rarely, if ever, been accomplished, imo.

Damn, this looks nice. Open world too? Wow.

I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

Did you try the demo? It might save you 10 bucks.

Dayum that looks amazing! It's been such a long time since I last played a snowboarding game.

Have you guys played Amped? That was probably my favorite snowboarding game.

Wish it was available on PC.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yes. That's my excuse. Didn't want to buy at full price (i.e. $50). Was wavering at $15 (normal sale price), but didn't want to say "no" at $7.50. Even if I don't like it as a game, it's still worth $7.50 for the Star Trek tie-in-ed-ness :)lol) to me.
*brofist*
:D

It doesn't really apply, not do I want to enter in the contest, but I just want to show off this picture I drew for this other contest. I'm proud of it. :)
captaincornhole_sadsadsad.jpg
is that a chainsaw nunchaku?

Macka

Would any helpful US Gaffer be willing to gift me Civ V Gold edition on Steam, and then I repay them (via PayPal/Direct Deposit)? It's almost double the price on the AU Store.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It's just due to server load. I got four drops in Dead Island after about an hour then had to wait equally long for the final drop.

I don't know if I should trust that statement, I'm going to wait for Xelios since he has more experience with card drops, A LOT more experience, like level 100 experience.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oddly enough, it isn't. I've played it close to 5 hours now. The driving requires a bit of attention, at least in Switzerland / Bavaria / Austria. Once you get on open road, it's kind of nice just driving and listening to something good. Man, I love the streaming audio. I added a couple of favorite channels and it's fantastic.

I haven't even gotten to the carrot and the stick part of buying a truck and playing the upgrade game.

Seriously, it's strangely addicting. I'm used to the driving aspect of it. Although, I still can't park to save my life. Just drove through my first bad weather (storm) and that was challenging and a blast. I agree 100% on the radio/music. It adds to the atmosphere of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom