• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Monaco devs thank me. I just got a copy of your game for me and a DC friend. It's so good.

He returned the favor and gifted me Gunpoint (another awesome game).

Crayons

Banned
One of my foils sold, not the one that I'm driving the price up on but the other one (Haley & Matti (Foil). Made $1.96 from that.

Cth

Hrm, I was hoping for a developer bundle during the sale.

I think I might just put that money towards Shadowrun and Kentucky Route Zero, since I managed to get a copy of Rogue Legacy in the meantime.

Then just go on a under $5 spending spree and grab some indie games :D

Noogy

So, Bionic Commando 2009 is $2.49

I feel like I'm the only person who really liked this game - but goddamn I sure did. It's short, probably 5-6 hours long, but it's a damn fun game and the bionic arm works really well in a 3D environment.

I'll pimp this game till the day I die. Because no one else will.

Also, Bionic Commando Re-armed is $2.49 as well. You should all get that too.

You sold me, I picked up the pack (Bionic Commando '09 and Rearmed) for $5. Just realized I still have the 360 version of Bionic Commando in the shrink and have never tried it. Always seemed neat, looking forward to see how it plays.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You ever got the feeling that the cash that you have in Steam wallet is "okay enough" but then have that nagging feeling of "it isn't enough"?

Crayons

Banned
So, Bionic Commando 2009 is $2.49

I feel like I'm the only person who really liked this game - but goddamn I sure did. It's short, probably 5-6 hours long, but it's a damn fun game and the bionic arm works really well in a 3D environment.

I'll pimp this game till the day I die. Because no one else will.

Also, Bionic Commando Re-armed is $2.49 as well. You should all get that too.
I also bought the pack. 2 more games I can never play.

Salsa

Somebody forgot to tell Prima that the Summer Sale is on.

I remember when Jase used to ask me to get him prima guides because they were cheaper in my country, or werent available in aus or something

a little piece of me died that day

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember when Jase used to ask me to get him prima guides because they were cheaper in my country, or werent available in aus or something

a little piece of me died that day

I paid around $12 for the Witcher 2 guide earlier into the sale, not realising it was Aussie Taxed. Woe is me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What do you guys want? My vote is yours.

I voted for NBA with the hope that it'll knock down the price of NBA 2K10 and 11 (it didn't before, but perhaps someone will bugger up).

amazon game download are only available in us : steam civ v is 12.49 amazon it is 10.6 :( can i use us address just for this transaction?

Yes, all you need to do is create a secondary, US-based billing address and switch to it during checkout.

Anyone here play Atom Zombie Smasher? Got a ton of praise in the Indie thread and some really good reviews, wanted some more impressions before buying

Fireblend

Banned
I'm so tempted to get Monaco... my gf and I love playing good local co-op games (which is why I loved Rayman Origins so much) and this one looks right up our alley. How long is it? How replayable is it? And how difficult are the controls/mechanics?

I voted for NBA with the hope that it'll knock down the price of NBA 2K10 and 11 (it didn't before, but perhaps someone will bugger up).

Yes, all you need to do is create a secondary, US-based billing address and switch to it during checkout.

can i use whitehouse address? I do not know any one in us. I suppose it does not matter at all.

MikeDown

Banned
Good morning GAF.

Anything interesting happened in the last ~8 hours?
I think there was a flash sale on Rayman, FTL is 75% off and RGIII is being accused of cheating of his wife by a former hooters waitress. Oh and there is some sorta of wildfire near palm springs. That is about it really.

Deitus

I'm contemplating picking up Civ V. I've never played played a 4X game before and I'm not much interested in multiplayer at the moment. I also just picked up Shogun 2, which seems to have a similar overworld structure, but I haven't played past the tutorial yet.

What's the verdict on Civ V? Is it a must have? Am I missing out having not played a 4X game before, or is it more of a niche thing? And if I do pick it up, is it worth going for the Gold Edition?

Fireblend

Banned
Thanks, how much was Rayman?
A little under $7, I think.
I'm contemplating picking up Civ V. I've never played played a 4X game before and I'm not much interested in multiplayer at the moment. I also just picked up Shogun 2, which seems to have a similar overworld structure, but I haven't played past the tutorial yet.

What's the verdict on Civ V? Is it a must have? Am I missing out having not played a 4X game before, or is it more of a niche thing? And if I do pick it up, is it worth going for the Gold Edition?

Civ V is great, there's no better introduction to the genre and you'll know if it's your thing when you get sucked in for hours. I think the consensus is that the Gold Edition is pretty much a must buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom