• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

we'll get OT4 soon, and on the 21st I'll make a last day thread highlighting some cheaper stuff that didnt get daily discounts for those who still have some money to spend. As usual.

not sure if OT4 will be just a one-day short lived thing or if it'll remain open at the same time as the other, that's up to mods

MikeDown

Banned
Thanks, how much was Rayman?
I think Rayman Origins was somewhere around 6.43 Edit: Oh yes, I forgot this also happened:
heist.png

Know your all caught up. :)

$h@d0w

we'll get OT4 soon, and on the 21st I'll make a last day thread highlighting some cheaper stuff that didnt get daily discounts for those who still have some money to spend. As usual.

not sure if OT4 will be just a one-day short lived thing or if it'll remain open at the same time as the other, that's up to mods

Looking forward to it, I still have a few games on my hitlist (like Cart Life 60% off). Just waiting for the last day to see if there's any special event.

Deitus

Civ V is great, there's no better introduction to the genre and you'll know if it's your thing when you get sucked in for hours. I think the consensus is that the Gold Edition is pretty much a must buy.

Alright, I guess I'll pick it up then. The backlog, how it grows.

Noogy

I'm so tempted to get Monaco... my gf and I love playing good local co-op games (which is why I loved Rayman Origins so much) and this one looks right up our alley. How long is it? How replayable is it? And how difficult are the controls/mechanics?

I just picked up Monaco, with the sole intention of playing it single player. Played a few Workshop tutorial levels and some of the 'main campaign' for lack of a better term.

So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm using a gamepad and it controls beautifully, most of your actions are context sensitive and you only need to 'push' against stuff to make something happen.

FIrst impressions are that it is pretty casual fun, though I've read that it ramps up quite a bit. Also not sure if I'll be missing out not doing it coop, but it'd be fun with two players for sure. Note that unless you have a fairly big monitor or your PC hooked up to a large TV, it can be sort of hard to make things out. It's a cool visual style, but not exactly conducive to readability.

Just got done with my first session of Awesomnauts. It's really enjoyable. I had more fun then I thought I would have considering it's a moba and I hate those. I'm thinking it's probably because I can move with wasd instead of having to click everywhere.

Also, it looks like Rogue Legacy is up on Amazon for 15.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWHFUVM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

IF tony price matches it with the steam sale, you can also use gooncave for an additional 15% off. Worth looking out for since the sales end this weekend and I know a few people are waiting for a lower price for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh really? What do you expect based on the past then? Another day of dailies?

History suggests another day slab of unique Dailies, however of the 10 games featured on the Summer Sale cards, all but Prison Architect have been Dailes, which implies that tomorrow is going to be the last day of unique deals with some sort of encore day following it. Given there are 10 spotlight/"postcard" games and 10 slots for Dailies, I wouldn't be surprised if they all reappear on the final day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom