• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

How is FTL for someone that doesn't like difficult games too much?
I understand it's a cool game, but when I play games I don't really want to go way out of my league to finish a game?
Not something for me?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I understand it's a cool game, but when I play games I don't really want to go way out of my league to finish a game?
Not something for me?

You say you don't like difficult games "too much", but if you're willing to take the time to learn from your mistakes, the game is well worth it. Like all roguelikes worth their salt, it punishes ignorance, but not to the point of being unfair.

Salsa

I guess I'll find some other way to give those games out tomorrow if Modbot doesn't fix itself.

tumblr_mpslb1rEHl1qduh7lo1_500.gif

3phemeral

I am terrible at FTL. I start on easy and get destroyed in my second encounter.

Keep at it. You'll eventually start learning various ways you can defend or attack and a workflow that'll make things easier. I tried to not pause but you really need to in this game. Also, I just got this second ship and having drones can help a ton. Don't neglect your power-management options.

Martian

Is anyone ready for another giveaway? Or should I do it tomorrow?

no now is good

You say you don't like difficult games "too much", but if you're willing to take the time to learn from your mistakes, the game is well worth it. Like all roguelikes worth their salt, it punishes ignorance, but not to the point of being unfair.

Hmm, might try it. And for 2,50 it's not really that big of a deal when I don't like it at all

hitmon

Or sometimes luck just isn't on your side. Got any tips on starting upgrades for the ship?

JaseC

Or sometimes luck just isn't on your side. Got any tips on starting upgrades for the ship?

I've actually not played the game myself; that's just a common truth I've observed when seeing the question of "Is FTL a game for me?" answered by those familiar with it.

Eternia

Not something for me?
Easy mode is manageable outside of possibly the last encounter once you get used to the mechanics. If you find the concept of the game interesting and can handle a bit of failure and randomness, it's definitely worth a shot at that price.

Martian

Whoops I just saw I spend 44 bucks on this sale...
And I just wanted AC 2 and oblivion (the latter I haven't even bought)

then again I spent 20 of those 44 on gifts, so it's not all bad

Anustart

Anyone happen to want to trade a copy of Hotline Miami for my 11 cards ( 6 castle crashers, 5 summer cards)?

A friend of mine is wanting the game and I was going to see if I could surprise him but low on fundage :/ Pm me if it's possible!

cicero

Not something for me?

I found it very hard at the beginning. But dying is an integral part to any roguelike, and through your many deaths you learn better strategies and figure out how things work for yourself. It is a randomized game in a small defined world with simple rules that demand complex strategies because everything is defined by hard choices with ultimate consequences, that being player death and GAME OVER, with no continues. These hard choices that matter is what I love about FTL. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you decide not to buy and play it because you think it might be too difficult.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone happen to want to trade a copy of Hotline Miami for my 11 cards ( 6 castle crashers, 5 summer cards)?

A friend of mine is wanting the game and I was going to see if I could surprise him but low on fundage :/ Pm me if it's possible!

Hey-o, I PM'd you.

JaseC

Preditctions for Sunday Sale?

Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Dead Island
Deus Ex
Dark Souls
Civilization 5
Black Ops 2
Fallout
Xcom

There are 10 Daily slots and 10 games featured on the Summer Sale cards; assuming there's to be an encore, I'd be surprised if they all didn't re-appear for the final day. Mind you, this would mean that Prison Architect would be a Daily for two consecutive days... Edit: Brain fart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom