• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Steam has me blocked from making purchases or adding to my wallet since early yesterday. Wrote a ticket to support as that's what the error message says to do, but I have a bad feeling they won't be getting back to me soon enough. Aaand since I'm out of wallet funds now that means no more playing with cards, so they'll be getting backed up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam has me blocked from making purchases or adding to my wallet since early yesterday. Wrote a ticket to support as that's what the error message says to do, but I have a bad feeling they won't be getting back to me soon enough.

Assuming a CSR removes the restriction without you needing to respond, with any luck you'll be right as rain come the last day (if not a little sooner).

I took a Hotline Miami code in the "Take One, Give One" thread and nobody ended up taking the codes I'd offered so I'm going to give away some here, with interest. I hope I've doing it right (I've more to give away after I just wanted to check that I was.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-9FCF49766DD9A1E2 - Taken by intheinbetween
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War -- MB-3009D85998CF229A - Taken by qazqaNii
The above are from the THQ Bundle. Hopefully it works out fine.

Grief.exe

Steam has me blocked from making purchases or adding to my wallet since early yesterday. Wrote a ticket to support as that's what the error message says to do, but I have a bad feeling they won't be getting back to me soon enough. Aaand since I'm out of wallet funds now that means no more playing with cards, so they'll be getting backed up.

So you cant buy games at all? This isn't good.

This thread has died down a LOT.

Well it is almost 5 am pacific.

The only reason I'm up is I am about to go climb a mountain.

Martian

Bad rats is actually not as bad as people make it out to be

Sure it's not a great game or anything, but it isn't the worst on Steam either

I took a Hotline Miami code in the "Take One, Give One" thread and nobody ended up taking the codes I'd offered so I'm going to give away some here, with interest. I hope I've doing it right (I've more to give away after I just wanted to check that I was.

The above are from the THQ Bundle. Hopefully it works out fine.

thanks for Titan Quest man!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So you cant buy games at all? This isn't good.

Nope. If it comes down to missing good deals though I can just buy them for myself from my boyfriend's Steam account. It throws a wrench in my gifting plans though, as well as crafting badges.

Before I buy/gift one of these for a friend of mine, does anybody have spare keys for Dungeon Defenders and/or Magicka? I know (think?) they've been in some bundles recently.

Arthea

Nope. If it comes down to missing good deals though I can just buy them for myself from my boyfriend's Steam account. It throws a wrench in my gifting plans though, as well as crafting badges.

I thought you already bought everything!
I hope it's get sorted sooner than later, good luck

Petrie

Banned
So I lover games like Sim City, Theme Park, Ski Resort Tycoon, Theme Hospital, etc, but could never get into Rollercoaster Tycoon when I tried the original, the menus and such were just overwhelming at the time. Do you think its worth picking up as a fan of those types of games or is 3 not the ideal version anyways?

This has been a cheap sale, makes me sad.

Grief.exe

You can save them as gifts in your boyfriends account, then email them when you are ready to gift them out via modbot.

I'm actually saving all of my gifts for the regular steam thread.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I crafted my first badge last night, an FTL badge! And it was...mildly anti-climactic. As it turns out, it's only a "recruit" level badge. Now I need to collect the same cards all over again in order to level my badge up....for what exactly? Just shits and giggles? A new background maybe?

Yeah, I think I'm just going to sell all of my cards from now on to pad my Steam wallet instead.

Razorskin

----- ------
So I crafted my first badge last night, an FTL badge! And it was...mildly anti-climactic. As it turns out, it's only a "recruit" level badge. Now I need to collect the same cards all over again in order to level my badge up....for what exactly? Just shits and giggles? A new background maybe?

Yeah, I think I'm just going to sell all of my cards from now on to pad my Steam wallet instead.

Emoticons, Backgrounds, XP, more cards or coupons, that's what you get out of crafting badges.

Slyjss

If you need Bioshock Infinite I have an extra. I only need Chivalry, Football Manager or Prison Architect.

PM me and we'll do some business. I'm sure I won't be able to complete the set, so I can trade with both and end with two Infinite cards.

Arthea

Talking about discussion.
Which of PQ clones is considered the best game?

edited: and now a thread really died. No discussions, I get it (><)

H3xum

Another day at work, another day in the Summer sale thread

Now that we've had some time, what are the Reus opinions?

Grief.exe

Oh...I think I should've bought that Deus Ex collection :(

tumblr_mdanra7zrb1refr1ho1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom