• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Steam has me blocked from making purchases or adding to my wallet since early yesterday. Wrote a ticket to support as that's what the error message says to do, but I have a bad feeling they won't be getting back to me soon enough. Aaand since I'm out of wallet funds now that means no more playing with cards, so they'll be getting backed up.

Good time for that to happen :p

With work taking up the next few days, I won't be able to farm cards OH NO!

Still torn on whether to splurge on Kerbal, or save a bit by getting Reus instead... or sit on my hands for another day. As they say: when in doubt, do nothing... right?

If you're unsure on either game and something you wish to purchase has not yet gone on sale (or alternatively are more interested in),I feel saving your money is the best thing to do (to avoid spending huge amounts).

EDIT: Also since it may be lost at the last page, Little Inferno, Capsized, Oil Rush, Awesomenauts, English Country Tune up for grabs here (some for no winners, some for no winners and gifters).

kaleii

I never understood it. Bad Rats is supposed to be a dreadful game. Why are people buying it for a joke gift? You are giving those devs money for a product that's not worth purchasing!

Perhaps the developers played some part in making it a viral joke. Genious!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam has me blocked from making purchases or adding to my wallet since early yesterday. Wrote a ticket to support as that's what the error message says to do, but I have a bad feeling they won't be getting back to me soon enough. Aaand since I'm out of wallet funds now that means no more playing with cards, so they'll be getting backed up.
What? You're blocked from buying games?

Shit, Valve is going broke pretty soon.

Perhaps the developers played some part in making it a viral joke. Genious!
Yes, but why do people keep buying it then? They shouldn't waste their money on that shit.

And if they definitely need to waste their money, I'll gladly accept it. Give those few bucks to me instead :p

Those of you waiting on Rogue Legacy should just buy it if it doesn't end up going on sale. It's a great game and the dev deserves the 15 bucks.

I probably will end up buying it. I'd also need to buy a 360 controller too since I hear it's practically impossible to play with a keyboard.

DirtRiver

Star Wars franchise! I want to pick up Republic Commando

This man knows what's up. I also want to pick up the Force Unleashed games at a reasonable price because I want to experiment with all the physics shenanigans they have going on.

I mean, why haven't we got more games that feature real destructible objects? The Red Faction games are no more (I am assuming, don't know what the current publisher of that franchise wants to do with them and one can only assume Volition will someday want to use GeoMod again), and the Star Wars franchise has gone to EA who will never touch something experimental. I would like to see that Digital Molecular Matter tech be used for other games.

Maybe those PS4 compute cores (?) will unleash a new generation of destruction games, but I fear that will take a while.

Kaizen

Still torn on whether to splurge on Kerbal, or save a bit by getting Reus instead... or sit on my hands for another day. As they say: when in doubt, do nothing... right?

Get Reus. Kerbal is fun but $13 is still too much for that game in my opinion.

kaleii

Those of you waiting on Rogue Legacy should just buy it if it doesn't end up going on sale. It's a great game and the dev deserves the 15 bucks.

I'll probably get it soon. But -20 % is too low. Will probably spend my money on the 50 % La Mulana instead next Monday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, this is... intriguing:

whatisthis8hsnt.jpg

Why in the world is a soundtrack a library item?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I probably will end up buying it. I'd also need to buy a 360 controller too since I hear it's practically impossible to play with a keyboard.

I play with a keyboard, it's not too bad (although a 360 controller is probably better).

kaleii

Yes, but why do people keep buying it then? They shouldn't waste their money on that shit.

And if they definitely need to waste their money, I'll gladly accept it. Give those few bucks to me instead :p

Snowball effect. After a while people think it's the cool thing to do, and then the game sells itself.

If Skyrim Legendary ends up for 24€ I think I will finally bite and get my own copy so I don't always have to move to my friend next door to play it! :p

masterkajo

If I've beaten Portal 2 on consoles, is it worth picking up on PC? Is the user created content good?

A friend and I have played through coop and it was the best coop I ever had. Now once or twice each month we take an evening and play some top voted community maps in coop. I paid full price for Portal 2 and I regret nothing.

chugen

what now

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats -- MB-F55F2B1722CB8607 - Taken by Cheddahz

Snowball effect. After a while people think it's the cool thing to do, and then the game sells itself.

Yeah, some gaffer hid a key for a good game among a bunch of Bad Rat keys in a ModBot giveaway, and then a bunch of others did the same because they thought it was funny.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Another day at work, another day in the Summer sale thread

Now that we've had some time, what are the Reus opinions?
I believe Toma said it was pretty bad, so you should skip it.

He seems to love it, and since he knows everything about indie games, you should probably look into it.

wilflare

Toma's recommendations = no regrets :p

(if anyone needs help w regional gifting, once again! i'm up :D)

finally the thread has stabilized

If you're unsure on either game and something you wish to purchase has not yet gone on sale (or alternatively are more interested in),I feel saving your money is the best thing to do (to avoid spending huge amounts).

EDIT: Also since it may be lost at the last page, Little Inferno, Capsized, Oil Rush, Awesomenauts, English Country Tune up for grabs here (some for no winners, some for no winners and gifters).

I meant to say thanks but was looking at this page for the post like a tard.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-7389C2BA5F422162 - Taken by Timedog

Winner also gets cluck costume

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get this mentality. Why would someone deserve any money? I pay whatever I think a product it's worth (if I can find it for that price, that is), not whatever the makers should get in an ideal world where I'm a charity.

Not saying the game isn't worth that price btw.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't get this mentality. Why would someone deserve any money? I pay whatever I think a product it's worth (if I can find it for that price, that is), not whatever the makers should get in an ideal world where I'm a charity.

Not saying the game isn't worth that price btw.

Sounds like K2Valor is saying that the game's worth the 15 dollars you'd be giving to the developers.

Addnan

If there is someone that wants UK price Dishonored (£5.09). Let me know. I want to turn a little wallet money it into paypal money!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
People take bad rats that seriously? I've never played it.

Kinda kicking myself for not picking up F.E.A.R. 3. I might just get F.E.A.R. 2 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom