• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Anyone else having card drop problems? I've been idling in four games now for a couple of hours and haven't gotten a single card.

It's probably not what is happening in your case, but every time I stopped getting cards was because I reached limit. As I don't get booster packs, no cards were dropping.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Anyone else having card drop problems? I've been idling in four games now for a couple of hours and haven't gotten a single card.

I don't know. I haven't idled in any games, I've instead actually been playing them. Cards have given me a good reason to spend some time with more of a variety of games that I haven't played in awhile, and to even play some of my new purchases for a few hours each. I really wish that even after you use the drops up there was still a small chance to earn new cards simply by playing the game. It's a cool mechanic that I feel gets kind of wasted after the "drops" are gone.

The_Monk

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, how are you all doing? Good I hope.

Can any kind soul tell me what I've missed in the last hours? Thanks in advance.

finally max payne 3 at 10$. I hope it's a good game!

I'm on my eighth playthough, enjoy one of the best TPS games ever made! Hell, I would actually call it the best straight TPS, my other two favorites Resident Evil 6 and Vanquish are far more technical and complex mechanically where Max Payne 3 is pretty straight forward. You can roll, dodge, take cover, and you shoot dudes in the head to kill them.

The big negative of the game is that after the first playthough the unskippable cutscenes and story intrusions will get rather frustrating at times. Still, I end up playing through it again every other month :D

oipic

Hello my good fellow GAFfers, how are you all doing? Good I hope.

Can any kind soul tell me what I've missed in the last hours? Thanks in advance.

The thread is as quiet as it has been since the sale began, dear Monk - there's a gentle, comforting lull in proceedings.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hope some more great indie games go on sale today. Tried out Reus and Bit Trip 2 yesterday and I am having a lot more fun with Indie titles than regular ones (Hotline Miami, Rogue Legacy, FTL, etc. )

Some more:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-3504C4D252EC1CBA
Oil Rush -- MB-6CD6DBD6C46DF2FF

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-9F80F6DC618CE06C - Taken by DamnTheMan
Capsized -- MB-1A76C612524C56E2 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Little Inferno -- MB-AC4480E2097A5C8A - Taken by misterF

Nymphae

Banned
I'd really like them to drop Bioshock Infinite below 50% off, I'd like to play it but I don't feel like dropping even $30 bucks on it.

Also waiting for a decent Rogue Legacy deal.

damage so far:
fez
tomb raider
torchlight 2
xcom dlc
bioshock infinite (from gmg)

just waiting for good deals on dmc, skyrim and farcry3 + whatever indie stuff grabs my attention and i think i'll be done with the sale

oipic

Still torn on whether to splurge on Kerbal, or save a bit by getting Reus instead... or sit on my hands for another day. As they say: when in doubt, do nothing... right?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood it. Bad Rats is supposed to be a dreadful game. Why are people buying it for a joke gift? You are giving those devs money for a product that's not worth purchasing!

FloatOn

Guys Rogue Legacy just came out. The devs deserve every penny so that they can A) make more games or B) give me DLC for it.

it's probably my favorite game this year despite all the rage I've experienced from it.

I never knew that people really loved DmC's Bloody Palace Mode or even Medal of Honor's strategy guide:

i19jHoXiG2oie.png

iknowitsabug

masterkajo

Still torn on whether to splurge on Kerbal, or save a bit by getting Reus instead... or sit on my hands for another day. As they say: when in doubt, do nothing... right?

Well, that has always been my philosophy so far. Now I am 27, single and am typing this from my mother's attic. I am having some doubts now...

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Those of you waiting on Rogue Legacy should just buy it if it doesn't end up going on sale. It's a great game and more than worth 15 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom