• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Screw Bad Rats, have Secret of the Magic Crystals instead...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Milamber, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-B9700C13A459D9C3 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Sianos

ßthePenguin;70808956 said:
It also has a 2-pack....
I did a little math, and hnnngggghhh must resist.

The rest of my "I really want these for real" games tops of my budget, and I'd like to at least do another round of gifting.

Cth

I have a phone interview in 45 minutes.. argh.

Been about a month since the last interview. I'm fairly confident, but still.

Wish me luck :D

Holy crap third OT and we're already 20 pages in.

Anyone have an opinion on the Castle Crashers port? Any opinion on whether playing alone is worth it?

Killing floor yay or nay?
It is an integral Steam purchase.

Thanks. I heard its not as bad as Bad Rats. Gotta try it for myself.

Thanks bro :D
Underrated classic.

lKKMiEq.png

The_Monk

I have a phone interview in 45 minutes.. argh.

Been about a month since the last interview. I'm fairly confident, but still.

Wish me luck :D

Good luck fellow GAFfer, try to be calm and everything is going to be alright. I can already see you celebrating with us for getting the job and getting some good reward for yourself.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I don't get this mentality. Why would someone deserve any money? I pay whatever I think a product it's worth (if I can find it for that price, that is), not whatever the makers should get in an ideal world where I'm a charity.

Not saying the game isn't worth that price btw.

I guess that's what I meant, that it's worth $15 and thus the developer deserves the full $15 rather than a discounted amount.

marrec

Banned
It is an integral Steam purchase.

I bought it for the winter event... 2 years ago? And only played it then. I can see that it's a really well made game, but with everyone I know playing L4D2 I just can't get into the community as much.

Loved killing zombie-Santa though.

Sini

Can I set X360 controller center button to act as Steam screenshot button?
I want to make screenshots of racing games, but I don't want to take my hand off the controller during the race.

ZenaxPure

Killing floor yay or nay?

If you like wave based survival and plan to play it with friends: Yes
If you like wave based survival and plan to play it alone: Probably not

It's got a fun class and leveling system where you pick a specific class and the more you do certain tasks with them the higher level they get and ultimately get better at what they do (heal more as the medic, more headshot damage as the sniper, etc.). The leveling is time consuming and is a huge grind, but, I mean that in a positive way because after about 40 or so hours you will probably get to a point where you've seen everything the game has to offer multiple times, but, switching up and leveling the classes can make it feel fresh.

marrec

Banned

Don't let anyone try to convince anybody in this thread that Dear Esther is somehow excusable as a Video Game because of a well written story. That is patently false.

I'm trusting you kurtrussell, I can't be here all the time and we need to save future fellow GAFers from that awful mess.

Don't let anyone try to convince anybody in this thread that Dear Esther is somehow excusable as a Video Game because of a well written story. That is patently false.

I'm trusting you kurtrussell, I can't be here all the time and we need to save future fellow GAFers from that awful mess.

Meh. The "videogames as art" crowd on here lap up that shit though. Conveniently forgetting that the entire arc is completely nonsensical, poorly executed and written with the skill and grace of a angst ridden teenager who got dumped for the first time.

If "War Z" can get changed to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" then I move that "Dear Esther" gets changed to "Shit Esther". Problem solved!

marrec

Banned
Meh. The "videogames as art" crowd on here lap up that shit though. Conveniently forgetting that the entire arc is completely nonsensical, poorly executed and written with the skill and grace of a angst ridden teenager who got dumped for the first time.

You're my new bestie.

Milamber

We are more or less at the halfway point of the Summer Sale now. My remaining budget is now less than half what it used to be. This is troubling.

oipic

Paradox just announced that trading cards have been produced for the following, and will be live soon:

Cities in Motion 2
Dungeonland
Europa Universalis III
Hearts of Iron III
Impire
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Leviathan: Warships
March of the Eagles
Sengoku
Warlock
Victoria II

ShizWhiz

Neo Member

Pretty much nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom