• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

I love it that Paradox seem to make the kind of games that won't typically be AAA releases. I'm a little soured with their love of DLC though. Cities in Motion was really bad for this - a bunch of stuff that should really have been in core game trickled out, more than doubling the cost.

Technically, that's not a game developed by Paradox (only published); however, they have come to embrace DLC a lot with their own games recently. The good thing though is that all the DLC (even the non-essential cosmetic stuff) was developed and thought off well after the game was released (see HoI 3 DLC + Victoria II DLC). Thanks to DLC I've got a lot more enjoyment out of Crusader Kings 2 and my favorite - Victoria 2 - then I would have otherwise.

Up for grabs, no restrictions!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-C47F1267EDD2C2AB

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for English Country Tune was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

shaowebb

After all the money I was gifted to my Steam Account at X-mas there honestly isn't a whole lot I dont already own that I'm interested in lol.

If Magic 2013 complete bundle goes up I'll bite though. Thats every single card pack. And if I'm going for cards I may as well hope for Spectromancer to go on the sale too. Gyromancer is the Popcap/square Puzzle Quest knockoff that I had this confused for once and its about $2.50 so for those interested its a good thing to nab as well.

Still I dont have much I'm after here...any suggestions for a guy looking for.

• Card games (I like Culdcept a lot and Magic is fine but I like all in general)
  • Smash bros style ring out games
  • Fighting games
  • Metroidvanias
  • Beat em ups

While not a strict Metroidvania (okay it barely is) I recommend checking out Super House of Dead Ninjas if you liked 8 bit games like Castlevania and/or Metroid and you like Rogue likes (and of course ninjas!).

Got it already. My steam is pretty nice. Really wish Mortal Kombat would go on the sale. I mod for Injustice over at TYM and I'd like to get the PC version of MK cheaply so I could start making character alts in Maya for the MK side of our boards.

The_Monk

Does that work with Steam?

Sure, It's just a partition on your Disk that is going to use Windows so everything on that part will just be like a normal Windows machine fellow GAFfer.

I was helping someone yesterday with such questions by PM, let me know if I can help you by PM (to avoid going too much Off Topic) good sir.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody in with me on a two pack for Don't Starve?

Operating under the illusion that that $1.50 of savings totally makes spending more money worthwhile

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pff you have to spice up that opinion a little for it to be controversial.

HL2 sucks because there aren't any cutscenes and no customizable weapons. There isn't a compass that shows where you're going either and the puzzles are hard. I just want to shoot stuff
Oh oh, I wanna play this game too!

Windows' Minesweeper sucks because it's too casualized. Back in the day we played it with live mines, now that was hardcore.

Prophane33

Oh oh, I wanna play this game too!

Windows' Minesweeper sucks because it's too casualized. Back in the day we played it with live mines, now that was hardcore.

I think it sucks because there is no online multi-player (w/ voice chat) nor is there any day one DLC. Hell, it doesn't even have ACHIEVEMENTS! WTF!?

Protein

Banned
Anyone use SteamMover? Is it worth using? I have a tiny SSD (for OS mainly) but I want to move the games I'm not currently playing on to another drive to save space and use my SSD for gaming.

chronomac

Fellow Mac users, if you're wondering how to use Boot Camp to install Windows 7, fear not. Just check out Apple's official guide in .PDF form or TUAW's Illustrated Guide. You can use one or both together. I found it fairly painless and Windows 7 works perfectly on my laptop. And like I mentioned earlier, games that are supported on both platforms typically run better on Windows 7.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone use SteamMover? Is it worth using? I have a tiny SSD (for OS mainly) but I want to move the games I'm not currently playing on to another drive to save space and use my SSD for gaming.

It's certainly worth using in your case, as that's precisely what it's for. ;)

After all the money I was gifted to my Steam Account at X-mas there honestly isn't a whole lot I dont already own that I'm interested in lol.

If Magic 2013 complete bundle goes up I'll bite though. Thats every single card pack. And if I'm going for cards I may as well hope for Spectromancer to go on the sale too. Gyromancer is the Popcap/square Puzzle Quest knockoff that I had this confused for once and its about $2.50 so for those interested its a good thing to nab as well.

Still I dont have much I'm after here...any suggestions for a guy looking for.

• Card games (I like Culdcept a lot and Magic is fine but I like all in general)
  • Smash bros style ring out games
  • Fighting games
  • Metroidvanias
  • Beat em ups

Dust: An Elysian Tail is one of the best Metroidvanias of the last few years. You may have to look past the character art, but the gameplay, music and visuals are excellent.

chugen

anyone interested by a bald man?

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-01896F11221DB58C - Taken by Turfster

It works sometimes. It really just moves your game folder to another directory. You'll have to then have to reinstall the game to the new directory. Rather than dowbloading it will say something along the lines of "collecting files already present." Then it will be magically done. You simply perform setup again and bam.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I don't have the Jedi Knights on Steam, I hope that doesn't make me a terrible person :(

I want the whole franchise pack, if I can get it for $15 or less that would be sweeeeet.
Yes it does, but easily fixable in this case ;)

There is no way the franchise pack goes that low though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom