• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

So, for the 3rd thread, we have to have a page entirely written in Korean, right?

er..

그래서, 3 스레드에 대한, 우리는 전적으로 페이지 한글로 가지고 있습니다하겠습니까?

あら、韓国人であります。

Tellaerin

megiveawayx0u32.jpg

Our winners are...

24. The_Monk
11. Prophane33

I'll be sending you 2 PMs so you can get your copies. :)

Congrats! And thanks to all 44 (!) people who participated.

Grats, both of you!

MechaX

Aw man, I actually wanted to bite for that Deus Ex giveaway.

Ah oh well. Need to get Dust, Sins of a Solar Empire, and maybe Galactic Civ 2 and I'll be set. So many fucking strategy games in my Steam-queue now, but the PC strategy genre (like 4X games) are something that I'm still relatively a virgin to.

Should be good shit.

terrible

Banned
By the time you're done with Kerbal Space Program you will have more than got your money's worth at 12 bucks. I've had it for a few weeks and have already sunk 40+ hours into it. Buy it up, people!

I put 4.6 hours into it just tonight. I still barely know what I'm doing but it's fun.

About how long is Dishonored? I hear it's on the short side.

Depends on how you play it. I went non-lethal/stealth only my first run, and it took me a good 14-15 hours. I'm sure you could blaze through it if you just play on normal and kill everything that moves though, probably 7 hours or so.

didamangi

Does he? I just looked and didn't see it.

Also I have $17+ in Steam credit so it would be nice to use that instead of my real money.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can buy tf2 keys from community market and trade them for games on sites like steamtrades, there's a lot of cheap region traders on there (russia/ukraine/brazil)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ok, here's a question.. presumably there's missions/goals?

Otherwise, once you launch that'd be the "end" of the game right?

Haven't looked at many videos for it.. I saw one once with Kerbal reactions but haven't dug deeper for info.. sell me on it by chance?

EDIT:
So, post 200 gets 2 copies of Bad Rats, right? RIGHT? :D

Yep. Post or PM me the URL to your Steam profile

Mairu

I've spent more than I had expected to this sale. It's all the card game's fault. I haven't even had much time to actually play anything :(

이 어두운 엉덩이 UT2k4는, 렛 다운 큰 동생입니다.

NIN90

the reciever end can't get blocked. as someone recieving a gift it's not your duty to know wether or not that gift would make YOUR account "risky". It's a gift, everyone's gonna take it. Im in South America, not a lot of GAF is from here, yet I recieved gifts from people all over the world.

If anyone's account is at "risk", it's dunder's.

Reminds me about that story on a recent Idle Thumbs stream where someone trolled some russians in Dota 2 who then sent them a Steam wallet gift (how does that even work?) worth a few rubles. The "gifter" then filed a chargeback which in turn locked the receiver's account for a few weeks.

Sorian

Banned
Depends on your play style. It took me around 40~45 hours to complete, having opted for a ghost/no-kill run.

Holy shit, I think I did a ghost/no-kill run and a psycho obliterate everything run and my combined times didn't even hit 40.

I put 4.6 hours into it just tonight. I still barely know what I'm doing but it's fun.

Watch this video, it explains the basics and sets you well on your way to your first succesfull lift off and even getting your ship in orbit! It's a little long but very informative as there is a lot of little things you have to get right in the game for you to be succesfull.

I've been playing the demo for a couple of weeks and just bought the game and can't get it to go fullscreen. I've tried putting command lines in to the Steam overrider but it doesn't go fullscreen. Going into option and trying to press fullscreen works but the accept button is being covered by the windows bar at the bottom of my screen. This is frustrating please help someone !

EDIT: The problem fixed itself!

FloatOn

third thread? I'm impressed.

everyone should buy castle crashers because I want battleblock theatre on steam in like 3 years.

Haven't looked at many videos for it.. I saw one once with Kerbal reactions but haven't dug deeper for info.. sell me on it by chance?

Its currently only sandbox. You have to set your own goals. There is a "campaign" of sorts coming soon. With Kerbal you can currently test ships and explore the local solar system. The game never ends, and you can even have multiple missions at once (as many as you can manage). For example: 2 space stations orbiting different things, and a moon mission. I think the game is pretty fun from what I have seen and played at my friend's house. I also am contemplating getting it, but don't know if the price is worth it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

EDIT:
So, post 200 gets 2 copies of Bad Rats, right? RIGHT? :D

Your mission/goals are whatever you dream up. If you wanted to land on planet X and then return back to earth, so could make it happen. If you wanted to launch into earth's orbit, you could. If you wanted to build the biggest rocket ever, go for it. If you wanted to build the ISS, have at it. There is just this great feeling whenever you actually accomplish whatever it is you have set out to do.

The game is hard and frustrating. And there is a huge learning curve. But man, you will never get a better feeling than when you actually succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom