• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

a bit off topic but has anyone heard of this before?

PACSTEAM (version:1.2.0.7) - play steam games free!

someone just messaged me as i logged into steam advertising this "service"

**Advertising** Read the description in the .rar folder, and with the new cApSteam-Beta v1.0 by DeMoNi &' krAx is based on C++, all games from Valve, Bethesda, 2K, SEGA, Rockstar Games, Activision and many other publishers secure! Dude, make sure that you get the new version of PacSteam ;) Check it with your virus scanner trust me it's clean. Have much fun with it! :) For more questions, add me in Skype, *please dont spam me here, and if you do not understand this text, go to > translate.google.de . Greetings! **Advertising**

yolo

Nymphae

Banned
Let's get some god damn Rogue Legacy today! Monaco and Rogue Legacy are the only two games I want to pick up before the sale ends. Need the mega deal before pulling the trigger though.

Yeah I've been waiting for a better Rogue Legacy deal, $12 down from $15 isn't amazing.

**Advertising** Read the description in the .rar folder, and with the new cApSteam-Beta v1.0 by DeMoNi &' krAx is based on C++, all games from Valve, Bethesda, 2K, SEGA, Rockstar Games, Activision and many other publishers secure! Dude, make sure that you get the new version of PacSteam ;) Check it with your virus scanner trust me it's clean. Have much fun with it! :) For more questions, add me in Skype, *please dont spam me here, and if you do not understand this text, go to > translate.google.de . Greetings! **Advertising**

lol

The_Monk

Seems Legit fellow GAFfer.

DukeBobby

Alright guys it's come that time in a GAFfers life where he (I) must choose an avatar. Since i love you guys in this thread u shall help me decide.

R5TqIFV.jpg

Martian

Yeah, but that is the slow way to do it

If you give me your password and credit card info I will give you an upgrade which gives you all games + copies for your friends

totally legit bro, just pm me

chronomac

Anyone looking to get one of the community choice games? I have no preference and dont know which to vote for.

And i'll ask again, because i'm lost.

When you check out, Steam will ask you if you want to take the game or gift it to someone. If it's in your inventory then there will be an option to email the link or send it directly within Steam to another user.

I don't know. Sounds kinda fishy. >_>

smr00

Banned
Is there a way to disable the download suspension when i play a game? Trying to play Fez and download some games but it keeps suspending the downloads.

Edwardo

When you check out, Steam will ask you if you want to take the game or gift it to someone. If it's in your inventory then there will be an option to email the link or send it directly within Steam to another user.

I originally emailed it to myself. I figured it would email the key to me so I could do it through modbot for one of you to get. I just have no idea where to get the key to pm to modbot.

Slacker

Anyone looking to get one of the community choice games? I have no preference and dont know which to vote for.

And i'll ask again, because i'm lost.

Where on Steam do I find the key to a game that I want to gift?

Highlight your name at the top Steam menu and click Inventory. Your giftable games should be there. If you're talking about purchasing a gift, search for it and add it to your cart like normal. At that point there will be a gift option.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I had heard of it a long time ago. A couple of friends told me about that, but it always looked shady as fuck (plus it's piracy). Don't know if they managed to get it working, I should ask them for curiosity's sake.

Sykotik

Is there a way to disable the download suspension when i play a game? Trying to play Fez and download some games but it keeps suspending the downloads.

No. Only way to get around it is to alt-tab and resume the download. sometimes that doesn't work.

antitrop

Redownloading RE6. Gotta get those cards.
Playing Mercs for cards could be fun, I still have RE6 installed, actually.

I never uninstalled it because I meant to go back and continue screenshotting it from a first person camera, but then they patched it and broke the trainer I was using.

Martian

Alright GAF

There's about 2 hours left.... Fallout 3 or New Vegas? Played and enjoyed both, but which is better with mods?

Get both.

Play fallout 3 first, then NV (its more finetuned and has stuff which you miss if you play it in the reverse order)

NV is a bit more moddable and has a lot more visual mods

Prophane33

Go to the Gym now and miss pre-Daily Deal talk or go the Gym after 1 and miss the Post-Daily Deal bitching....decisions. decisions.

I use steammover all the time. Works well. I enjoy having games load as fast as possible so I put them on the ssd when I'm playing them, then store them on an hdd when I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom