• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

I originally emailed it to myself. I figured it would email the key to me so I could do it through modbot for one of you to get. I just have no idea where to get the key to pm to modbot.

Oh ok - you don't need the key. You just need the claim link. It'll look something like this:

https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/1234567890?redeemer=whatever@gmail.com

Remove the ?redeemer=emailaddress part. Send a PM to modbot with "register" as the title and this as the body:

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/1234567890

Sullichin

Speaking of Steammover, does anyone know of a solution when you have your steam games on *three* hard drives?

I'm pretty proud of myself for not buying RE6 when it was $20. Might cave if it drops again later in the sale though. Hoping for DMC to go on sale too

Fantastic... my credit card on paypal expired so I switched to a new payment on Steam and now I'm locked out of the market.

Thanks for only letting me know after you took my money Gabe! If I had known I'd just keep selling my cards and not buy more games.

What are the chances of Cities in Motion 2 getting a big sale?

There was a sale on nuuvem.com.br just a few days ago man!

Prophane33

What are the chances of Cities in Motion 2 getting a big sale?
irj2c2ZdMgbqu.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I'm pretty proud of myself for not buying RE6 when it was $20. Might cave if it drops again later in the sale though. Hoping for DMC to go on sale too

I passed on RE6 as well but along with Surgeon Simulator they are the only 2 sales I've missed that I regret.

Hoping I've got enough change and/or card money to buy both in the recap at the end.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright everyone I believe the issues with Enhanced Steam and custom profile backgrounds has been resolved.

Rather than creating a new authentication mechanism, I decided to use "Sign in with Steam" authentication (since users will obviously already be on Steam anyway). So when setting a new profile background you'll need to click through the Sign in with Steam page before it will be set.

This measure prevents others from being able to change your profile background without your consent.

As a result of this whole thing, the database had to be sanitized. If you previously had a background set, you'll need to edit your profile and set your background again.

Sorry again for all the trouble everyone! As always, let me know if you need assistance.

Speaking of Steammover, does anyone know of a solution when you have your steam games on *three* hard drives?

I think steammover should still work in that situation, you'll just have to change the folder to the 3rd hdd, then change it back when moving stuff from the 2nd hdd.

Fireblend

Banned
Alright everyone I believe the issues with Enhanced Steam and custom profile backgrounds has been resolved.

Rather than creating a new authentication mechanism, I decided to use "Sign in with Steam" authentication (since users will obviously already be on Steam anyway). So when setting a new profile background you'll need to click through the Sign in with Steam page before it will be set.

This measure prevents others from being able to change your profile background without your consent.

As a result of this whole thing, the database had to be sanitized. If you previously had a background set, you'll need to edit your profile and set your background again.

Sorry again for all the trouble everyone! As always, let me know if you need assistance.

This is awesome. Brilliant job, man. Keep it up!

Ephemeris

Fantastic... my credit card on paypal expired so I switched to a new payment on Steam and now I'm locked out of the market.

Thanks for only letting me know after you took my money Gabe! If I had known I'd just keep selling my cards and not buy more games.

There was a sale on nuuvem.com.br just a few days ago man!

sucks dude, if you want me to grab something and you paypal, let me know

The_Monk

Good to know fellow GAFfer. I'm happy you managed to solve this issue despite having some problems with that one user.

masterkajo

Wow, thanks for the effort! Really appreciate the hard work you are doing there. It is sad that you had to change something that was working just b/c of one guy though.

You are awesome.

shaowebb

I'm assuming you already own Rogue Legacy. If not, download the demo now, fall in love with it, then buy the game.
Its only on sale for 20% off right now. I'm waiting for it to hit a daily or go deeper, but it is DEFINITELY on my list of Metroidvania's to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom