• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh shit, Enhanced Steam custom backgrounds are really amazing.

Thanks! According to Google, it's one of the most popular features right now. I'm glad you guys like it and I'm glad I was able to implement some security quickly with Valve's help.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Again, I think getting into discussion about whether it's a game or not are pointless as it doesn't change the value you derive from the experience. You experience it in the same way the you would any game (first person, KB/M, audio narrative) and it's about as difficult to traverse as any Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 level is. The only thing missing are the little ducks that come out on tracks so that you can shoot them at your leisure.

Calling it 'not a game' I think limits game creators to experiences that have a certain level of subjective interactivity. We shouldn't limit these guys in how they want to express their creativity through the medium of 'Games'.

I don't think is pointless to call it game or not. It is not correct to say I will experience it like any other game, the main differences are (the lack? of) interaction and mechanics. Then again, the experience is good but I think if you call it a game a lot of people will be disappointed with the product.

Prophane33

Look what I did!

dMgB4xe.png

ElyrionX

I caved on Fallout New Vegas despite owning it since day one on the 360 and not having spent more than two hours in that version.

louiedog

Pixelvision looks nice, but I keep Steam in small view mode. It uses fewer resources that way and I still have my library list. I really only use the client to launch games and the web for everything else, especially with Enhanced Steam doing so much to improve the experience.

Thanks! According to Google, it's one of the most popular features right now. I'm glad you guys like it and I'm glad I was able to implement some security quickly with Valve's help.

Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been checking anything ES related lately. Was there a security breach? Do I need to change my pw?

chugen

since modbot is resting in rip.... post 2749 will get hitman silent assassin and 2751 will get the political machine 2012 oh boy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been checking anything ES related lately. Was there a security breach? Do I need to change my pw?

There was a bit of a security breach, but the security breach in question only allowed an external user to change your profile background without your knowledge.

Enhanced Steam will never ask for, store, or transmit your Steam account credentials. Even with the new "Sign in with Steam" security mechanism, all of the authentication is done on the Steam servers and they pass along an authentication token. This token is just used to verify that you are in fact the account owner. Even this auth token is not stored in the Enhanced Steam database.

So your password has been and always will be safe from any potential Enhanced Steam issues.

Aomber

Just bought Roller Coaster Tycoon because I have it on disk but not digitally which is a pain in the ass

Also because it's platinum n stuff

Fireblend

Banned
since modbot is resting in rip.... post 2749 will get hitman silent assassin and 2751 will get the political machine 2012 oh boy

Alright. So that post 2750 isn't left in the dark, I'll gift a $2.5 or under game of their choice to whoever gets post 2750.

Slacker

Just bought Roller Coaster Tycoon because I have it on disk but not digitally which is a pain in the ass

Also because it's platinum n stuff

I really enjoy RCT3 Platinum. It gets underrated a bit but old school RCT fans, but you can make some really neat parks in the newest game. Especially once you start throwing in zoo and water park elements. Good times.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
WHA... Forget it, Gabe can cancel the sale now. No way I'm buying it for 50 bucks, that's way too much for a bunch of games :/

I paid over $70 for Kingdom Hearts 3D a few months ago...
WHA--

sonimdisappoint.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm fucking pissed that Euro Trucker didn't win the discount. This sale is turning me into a zombie. I'm legit getting the nods while at work here from staying awake too long for the past 4 days.

Cards.. cards.. cards.. gimmie cards..

Tenrius

Battlefront 2, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight (haven't played much of Mysteries of the Sith), Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Force Unleashed (which isn't a bad game), and you call the pack "mostly trash"? That's not cool man, that's not cool at all.

So you don't agree with the notion that Dear Esther is the Dark Souls of artsy games?

Er, no. Don't see the analogy. And I don't think "artsy games" is a legitimate term, I don't actually consider any game "artsy'.

Sullichin

I really enjoy RCT3 Platinum. It gets underrated a bit but old school RCT fans, but you can make some really neat parks in the newest game. Especially once you start throwing in zoo and water park elements. Good times.

I just gotta give it a proper shot. I'm a huge fan of RCT1 and 2, and I got 3 a few years ago and immediately hated it. Got it again on the Steam sale and immediately hated it too. I'm sure it's better than I'm giving it credit for, I've barely played it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom