• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

So, I have a gifting plan slowly brewing to act as a finale to the sale. A question, though: When's a good time to run it? The weekend's a given, of course, but when can I catch most people online; I think it's something that, like Bingo, would work best handled live.

For what it's worth, I'm in the UK. So if it means I don't have to stay up particularly late, that's good too.

Sullichin

I'm staring at the Fallout New Vegas timer. I already played it on Xbox 360, but I don't own it on Steam. But I don't want to spend money on a game I already played because what if a game I haven't played goes on sale? Tick tick tick. Help me GAF. I don't know what to do.

It's much better on PC and it's cheap as hell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is the joke about bad rats?

The whole "lol Bad Rats" spiel started earlier in the year, when a bloke in the SteamGAF thread kept bringing up a game in his library that he'd like to do away with. Instead of heeding advice to contact Support to have it removed, he continued to complain about this mystery game, often broaching the issue out of the blue, and eventually said he was going to make a new account to avoid its taint. Naturally, the questions about what game it was continued to come, and eventually he had a meltdown about it all, getting himself banned. The common assumption, given the few decidedly vague hints he dropped, was that it was Bad Rats.

It's also a very poorly-conceived and poorly-designed game.

I'm staring at the Fallout New Vegas timer. I already played it on Xbox 360, but I don't own it on Steam. But I don't want to spend money on a game I already played because what if a game I haven't played goes on sale? Tick tick tick. Help me GAF. I don't know what to do.

Do you have all the DLCs on X360 Fallout? If not, I would rebuy NV and get the Ultimate edition.

liezryou

I have about 500 hours of LoL and I don't really like MOBAs, it is one of the better games I've ever played.

I used to be pro at LoL true story. Won the first official riot games tournament ever (sponsored by razer, the TT one). Quit for medical school though! I am back into dota now xD.

LOVE IS NOT OVER! Thanks a bunch for this! I've been meaning to get both for ages.

Your welcome bro!

schuey7

Got Dishonoured and Hitman .Great sales and my first time picking up games on sale as computer games in India are usually cheaper in retail shops rather than online.The only problem is the the huge install for Hitman haha

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
For the new page:

I was being ironic, but it's true I'm hesitant on Reus, because I don't know, I already got like thousands of indie game in backlog, and right now I'm more into big lenghty games.

But, anyway. I'm actually very much into strategic (as in TBS more than RTS, because I'm slow as hell), and way less into puzzles (I can't stand math stuff, like in 999, but I like... I dunno... puzzle bobble? :D ).

Overall, the fact is: I'm attracted by Reus, but I feel it's not the right moment, and also I',m expecting it to fall in a Humble Bundle in the next months.

Well, if you dont want to spend the money now or whatever, thats perfectly fine. I just feel that these devs absolutely deserve every purchase I can convince others to do due to the amount of passion and love they put in the product. Its one of those games that just makes me feel happy thinking about it because its just so well made with much love for detail that wouldnt be made from big developers anymore.

You can and need to play this slowly, pausing a lot, but the game has some puzzle like nature to it where you build different elements of the surroundings (minerals, animals, plants) and try to activate symbiosis' to maximize the output these plants give (research, money and food). Finding some suitable combinations and patterns will take some thinking and testing, if that might be a "puzzle" mechanic that might turn you off. But really, its just a delightful game that I would love to see expanded on.

DukeBobby

Posting for new page. NOBODY LOVES ME ANYMORE ; ;.

tumblr_m232w0a3hn1qzbo9ao1_500.png

I've had it up to HERE with your "RULES".

Darkroronoa

Buy games that you want to play and you will enjoy.If you want to play again F:NW on pc buy it,if you want it just for collection maybe skip it if you have it on 360.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Game Debate says my specs can run it on low/medium settings. And at least I'd have the game for when I can play it with better specs

Problem is that it doesnt run on any graphics card that doesnt at least support DirectX 10 atm (they are working on it though), and I have serious doubts your integrated Intel 2000 can pull that off.

Lkr

The whole "lol Bad Rats" spiel started earlier in the year, when a bloke in the SteamGAF thread kept bringing up a game in his library that he'd like to do away with. Instead of heeding advice to contact Support to have it removed, he continued to complain about this mystery game, often broaching the issue out of the blue, and eventually said he was going to make a new account to avoid its taint. Naturally, the questions about what game it was continued to come, and eventually he had a meltdown about it all and got himself banned. The common assumption, given the few decidedly vague hints he dropped, was that it was Bad Rats.

Holy shit hahahaha why would someone care that there is a random game in their library?

antitrop

Holy shit hahahaha why would someone care that there is a random game in their library?
Seriously. Have some perspective.

How do you people get through their day worrying about what people will think of what games they have in their Steam library. Or if they have a game they shouldn't... or something. Can't even fathom!

Don't support trash games like New Vegas and buy Fallout 3 instead.

Looking at the Total War packs, seems like they're incomplete. Rome: Alexander and Medieval II: Kingdoms expansions aren't included, so even if you bought the Grand Master pack you'd have to get them separate. Are they worth getting?

In general which of the TW games are good for someone who doesn't play a lot of RTS?
Shogun 2 base game. If you like it get Rise/Fall of the samurai during the next sale.

Megasoum

Banned
The whole "lol Bad Rats" spiel started earlier in the year, when a bloke in the SteamGAF thread kept bringing up a game in his library that he'd like to do away with. Instead of heeding advice to contact Support to have it removed, he continued to complain about this mystery game, often broaching the issue out of the blue, and eventually said he was going to make a new account to avoid its taint. Naturally, the questions about what game it was continued to come, and eventually he had a meltdown about it all, getting himself banned. The common assumption, given the few decidedly vague hints he dropped, was that it was Bad Rats.

I thought that guy was the dude who ended up in the press because he wanted Steam to remove Bioshock Infinite from his account because he was too offended that the game was forcing you to get baptized at the beginning lol.

Wok

It was not Bad Rats, it was a AAA game.

fantomena

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw -- MB-3AC851F27224A145 - Taken by intheinbetween

Toma

Random aside on the Bad Rats topic: If you want to gift someone a really bad game, gift him Eternities Child. There is even a guy working on that game, who is ashamed to have worked on it.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw -- MB-3AC851F27224A145

Thanks for the giveaway!

modbot? haha i was reading this post thinking of how to modbot it.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Maw -- MB-3AC851F27224A145

Copons

Well, if you dont want to spend the money now or whatever, thats perfectly fine. I just feel that these devs absolutely deserve every purchase I can convince others to do due to the amount of passion and love they put in the product. Its one of those games that just makes me feel happy thinking about it because its just so well made with much love for detail that wouldnt be made from big developers anymore.

You can and need to play this slowly, pausing a lot, but the game has some puzzle like nature to it where you build different elements of the surroundings (minerals, animals, plants) and try to activate symbiosis' to maximize the output these plants give (research, money and food). Finding some suitable combinations and patterns will take some thinking and testing, if that might be a "puzzle" mechanic that might turn you off. But really, its just a delightful game that I would love to see expanded on.

This, in fact, may be a bit of a turn off.
I usually fell uncomfortable when I have to try different stuff in games (specs, combo, or.. like, I never played Dota2 because I'm always stuck in picking my hero).

But then again, when I hear about indie devs who put such love in their creations, something clicks in my brain, and I end up buying it even if I don't like the game (like what happened for Meat Boy and a lot of others).

Still, right now money's tight, and I think I'll put it back until last day "best of" sales. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom