• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

I think I'm finished with the sale. Unless skyrim goes to less than 10 and stalker goes less than 10 I can't afford it lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This, in fact, may be a bit of a turn off.
I usually fell uncomfortable when I have to try different stuff in games (specs, combo, or.. like, I never played Dota2 because I'm always stuck in picking my hero).

But then again, when I hear about indie devs who put such love in their creations, something clicks in my brain, and I end up buying it even if I don't like the game (like what happened for Meat Boy and a lot of others).

Still, right now money's tight, and I think I'll put it back until last day "best of" sales. :)

Well in any case, glad to have helped with your decision either way :)

But its one of those devs I love to support, so I hope a few others pick it up.

The_Monk

I don't a single card of Prison Architect drop to me, I want to have this badge one time only!

That Skyrim vote does nothing for me. Prices are too high! Either, I can't wait for new deals.

Zia

Random aside on the Bad Rats topic: If you want to gift someone a really bad game, gift him Eternities Child. There is even a guy working on that game, who is ashamed to have worked on it.

Bwaha. Luc Bernard, the Derek Smart of the contemporary indie scene.

Damnit I want Dragonborn but its so pricey! Why do they punish us that bought Skyrim day one for 59.99 :(

Never buy a Bethesda game day 1. Wait for the bugs and glitches to get fixed; mods to be released, and DLC to be released. Then after the Legendary or GOTY version comes to store buy the game.

gilljoy

Finally got a summer card that I already didn't have :)

Shame my accounts blocked from trading until Thursday since I reset my password :(

Firehead

Here's a thing for Steam Mobile Access! Isn't that already out? Bah. Surely someone wants this thing?
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-1321A283B2701984 - Taken by dave is ok

Never buy a Bethesda game day 1. Wait for the bugs and glitches to get fixed; mods to be released, and DLC to be released. Then after the Legendary or GOTY version comes to store buy the game.

To be fair I have over 200 hours playedt so It was well worth the money day one. I just want a cheaper dlc since the legendary has all the dlc.

Played the hell out of Fallout 3 on the PS3.

Picked up New Vegas and going in blind. Kind of excited to visit that world again with a fresh start.

Picked up some decent indie games this sale... Reus, FTL, Don't Starve, Kerbal Space Program. Really enjoying Don't Starve right now.

Pretty good sale so far. Come on 20 mins!

antitrop

Man, reading the Wikipedia page for Eternity's Child is pretty depressing. Never even heard of it before. LOL at Anthony Burch giving it a 1/10 on Destructoid and the guy pulling the DToid robot in response. My God.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw -- MB-3AC851F27224A145 - Taken by intheinbetween

thanks man!

Seanspeed

Banned
Community's Choice Winner is:

Skyrim
Sweet. I know its not what everybody else wanted and the discount isn't spectacular and hell, I've even put over 200 hours into it on the 360, but playing with mods on the PC is something I'm really looking forward to.

antitrop

Sweet. I know its not what everybody else wanted and the discount isn't spectacular and hell, I've even put over 200 hours into it on the 360, but playing with mods on the PC is something I'm really looking forward to.
It's a different game, could technically be the sequel.

Easily a generation ahead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought that guy was the dude who ended up in the press because he wanted Steam to remove Bioshock Infinite from his account because he was too offended that the game was forcing you to get baptized at the beginning lol.

I wouldn't think so; he said he had no problem with Binding of Isaac.

It was not Bad Rats, it was a AAA game.

The encasing of AAA in quotation marks could mean it was a joke, or the hint just a red herring so people would stop hounding him for information. Even if his ban does expire, we'll probably never know. :(

jtb

Banned
so will Reus run on an HD4000? I was reading about the various XNA issues but I'm illiterate when it comes to these things. basically I like to play indie/lower-power games w/ my Macbook Air but if I can't do that then I'm going to wait.

Was anybody actually against Skyrim as CC this time though? Both TR and Bio Infinite were on sale for that price (I forget if Skyrim was), so I assumed it was a "vote for anything, it doesn't matter anymore!" kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom