• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Ya, $36 for a 2 year old game at what is supposed to be a "deep" discount doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Nevermind, has all the DLC.

Acccent

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say that earlier we had a quick discussion about Dear Esther and while we didn't all agree in the end (which is a good thing), I was delighted by the general niceness and knowledgeability that most people demonstrated. It's super nice to see that NeoGAF, which at first I assumed would be just a forum where news are posted first that I would only visit occasionally, is turning out to be a meeting place for people who share my 'serious' interest in games, and who I can have interesting discussions with. I'm surprised that for most of the community choices, the consensus here was the same as my own vote, and the fact that "what GAF wants never wins" proves that it's a specificity rather than the default.

So, yeah, I used to be on the fence about getting involved, and now I'm not, because you guys mostly rock.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
so will Reus run on an HD4000? I was reading about the various XNA issues but I'm illiterate when it comes to these things. basically I like to play indie/lower-power games w/ my Macbook Air but if I can't do that then I'm going to wait.

Shouldnt have any issues.

so will Reus run on an HD4000? I was reading about the various XNA issues but I'm illiterate when it comes to these things. basically I like to play indie/lower-power games w/ my Macbook Air but if I can't do that then I'm going to wait.

Should be good.

From what I read, your graphics card has to be able to run DirectX10. I believe the HD4000 can even run DirectX11, so you should be fine.

If it doesn't work, you can PM me spider pictures in retribution.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say that earlier we had a quick discussion about Dear Esther and while we didn't all agree in the end (which is a good thing), I was delighted by the general niceness and knowledgeability that most people demonstrated. It's super nice to see that NeoGAF, which at first I assumed would be just a forum where news are posted first that I would only visit occasionally, is turning out to be a meeting place for people who share my 'serious' interest in games, and who I can have interesting discussions with. I'm surprised that for most of the community choices, the consensus here was the same as my own vote, and the fact that "what GAF wants never wins" proves that it's a specificity rather than the default.

So, yeah, I used to be on the fence about getting involved, and now I'm not, because you guys mostly rock.

welcome to the gaf

Celegus

The Witcher community OT seems pretty dead, so I'll try here if anyone can help me out.

It looks like this mod/patch thing wouldn't automatically download via Steam since it's unofficial. For someone jumping into Witcher 2, is it generally a better experience to just apply this right at first? Or just leave it as is?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ya, $36 for a 2 year old game at what is supposed to be a "deep" discount doesn't seem right.

To be fair, it's the game plus all its DLC for 36.

But I agree. It needs to be significantly lower for me to bite on it, especially as a person that typically hates fantasy tropes and settings.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey everyone!

Welcome, brother.

Mugatu

Hey everyone!

As another noob I agree, things move fast here but people are generally really nice and helpful - at least in this thread, it doesn't always seem to be the case in other ones especially ones about Xbox vs Playstation.

mug

Well I guess it's time to buy Unity of Command. If anyone is feeling some generosity and has a spare license for Killing Floor I'd definitely be a happy gamer :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do you guys think that anyone who has actually developed video games has ever posted on GAF?

People who post on gaf dont have time to play or even develop videogames.

Do you guys think that anyone who has actually developed video games has ever posted on GAF?

image.php

DukeBobby

Hey everyone!

Aww, you're too kind :)

Welcome!!

Toma

How sure are you guys on a scale of 1-1000 that a developer has posted on GAF before?

IT NEVER HAPPENED

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE YOU ARE TROLLING THEM

THIS THREAD

ITS FUCKING TIMEDOG

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Neogaf dude!

This steam sale is really bringing people together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom