• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
I think I've got all I planned to get and more at this point, with the exception of Gunpoint. Current sale just seems a little low. I'll wait but I wonder what the actual odds on it getting a sale at this point are.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How sure are you guys on a scale of 1-1000 that a developer has posted on GAF before?

In the future
I work at Valve. ;)

Deques

8oDgtLz.png

God fucking damnit!

Unlucky :p

The_Monk

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say that earlier we had a quick discussion about Dear Esther and while we didn't all agree in the end (which is a good thing), I was delighted by the general niceness and knowledgeability that most people demonstrated. It's super nice to see that NeoGAF, which at first I assumed would be just a forum where news are posted first that I would only visit occasionally, is turning out to be a meeting place for people who share my 'serious' interest in games, and who I can have interesting discussions with. I'm surprised that for most of the community choices, the consensus here was the same as my own vote, and the fact that "what GAF wants never wins" proves that it's a specificity rather than the default.

So, yeah, I used to be on the fence about getting involved, and now I'm not, because you guys mostly rock.

This is a good post and I like it. Welcome fellow GAFfer!

Please and enjoy your stay and be kind to every one else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whatttttttttt

Oh the power of black and white

The current image may not be the best, but Section 2 of the JaseC Avatar Code specifically states in no uncertain terms that any new photos stumbled upon that are adequate for avatar use must be put in commission for at least one week.

Bizzity

I hope FFVII pops up today. I want to grab a couple of copies for me and my brother, I don't think I've played through it since I marathoned it when it first came out.

Dinosur

Semi-new 30% off GMG voucher for people looking for FF7, Civ5 expansion, or other things that probably won't show up on sale.

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY

Cth

Just wait for my company's knock off game Vile Vermin.

We'll make billions!

You Apple kids eat this stuff up!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The whole "lol Bad Rats" spiel started earlier in the year, when a bloke in the SteamGAF thread kept bringing up a game in his library that he'd like to do away with. Instead of heeding advice to contact Support to have it removed, he continued to complain about this mystery game, often broaching the issue out of the blue, and eventually said he was going to make a new account to avoid its taint. Naturally, the questions about what game it was continued to come, and eventually he had a meltdown about it all, getting himself banned. The common assumption, given the few decidedly vague hints he dropped, was that it was Bad Rats.

It's also a very poorly-conceived and poorly-designed game.
I heard it through the grapevine that it was actually BioShock Infinite.

But it was probably Bad Rats.

So- I am on a week long vacation in a suite on the Florida beach... and my wife is irked that I am basically dictating our itinerary around the Steam sale all week. I told her that I am saving $$$. She said I am buying games I am not even going to play. I told her "Now you get it."

So proud.

I am loving it. No work and Steam summer sale? Win.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The current image may not be the best, but Section 2 of the JaseC Avatar Code specifically states in no uncertain terms that any new photos stumbled upon that are adequate for avatar use must be put in commission for at least one week.

Am I late in comparing you to a certain Fistfulofmetal?

How big is your image folder?
:p

Prophane33

So- I am on a week long vacation in a suite on the Florida beach... and my wife is irked that I am basically dictating our itinerary around the Steam sale all week. I told her that I am saving $$$. She said I am buying games I am not even going to play. I told her "Now you get it."

So proud.

I am loving it. No work and Steam summer sale? Win.

Well, if you're anywhere near me then the weather is too sucky to stay on the beach very long in the summer anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Semi-new 30% off GMG voucher for people looking for FF7, Civ5 expansion, or other things that probably won't show up on sale.

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY

FF7 for $8.40. Tempting!

masterkajo

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY

valid until July 19th.

Works on Bioshock Infinite Season Pass

as well as on

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Civ V: Brave New World
FINAL FANTASY VII
Guncraft
Night at the Grindhouse
Company of Heroes 2
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
BioShock Infinite Season Pass
Endless Space Gold Edition
Pro Cycling Manager 2013
Leviathan Warships
Knights of Pen and Paper
The Asskickers
Sanctum 2
Remember Me
Wargame: Airland Battle
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

if anyone is curious.

Megasoum

Banned
So if I upgrade my vanilla Civ 5 to Gold for 10$ right now (or lower if it goes daily/flash) then I will have everything except "Brave new world"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom