• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Crysis 2 compare to the rest? I liked 1 but was not a big fan of 3.

I have not played Crysis 3, but in comparison to Crysis 1 and Warhead I say this game is just as good if not better.
Come at me
IF you get it, install MALDOs textures. The game looks so much better and runs better than the default game.

Xyber

God damnit.
rLglcPq.png

I never thought I'd be bummed out by getting a foil (my first one as well), but I'm just missing Skyrim now for that badge. :(

calder

I own... as shocking percentage of the games on sale today and all but one of the Flash sale games. Huh lol.

I do not own Secret World though. Definitely going to pick that up, I want an MMOish game.

Thrakier

Replaying Amnesia is pointless, it ceases to be scary.

It's also one of the most overrated games and is incredibly boring, but the YouTube crowd loved it.

Well, just to put my opinion against that: It's easily the most intense and terrifying horror game I've ever played. I loved/hated every second of it and I'm a huge horror game fan.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Should be glad there is nothing I want today. SMTIV is coming soon and then the rest of my week will be nothing but that. Wouldn't have time to play with whatever I bought anyway.

;.;

Mark of the Ninja for 3.75... plus I still need to get Dishonored...

Argh, if Kingdoms of Amalur were to go on sale for 15 like it did last time I'd be slightly short...

Sullichin

Money saved on Crysis 2 then.

Might put it to use on Sleeping Dogs based on the praise here but I have never enjoyed a single open world game in my life. How is the actual gameplay? The driving, the shooting, the level design, etc. Not the activities available or the city or the story. Just the gameplay.

Driving is great, really fun
Shooting is good for the genre, better than most open world games I've played. There's not a huge focus on guns, you're often brawling. The melee combat is like Arkham games but not quite as good. I didn't bother with most of the optional content, but the story missions were entertaining

haikira

Bought Sleeping Dogs last year and it was one of my favourites of 2012. Planning to start it fresh again soon and thinking there's no better time than now, to grab some DLC for it. What all should I grab?

I only have Zodiac Tournament, which I haven't played yet. I'm not too picky, just looking to avoid the trash really. Some fresh content will make my second run even more enjoyable, as I see it. I already know to avoid the convenience DLC.

EDIT: Actually. Just decided to go with everything, minus the convenience DLC. May as well for all the price and it's one game I definitely don't mind giving a few extra pounds to.

Genji

I see the Skyrim DLC is on sale for 30% off. Only have the base game. Is any of the DLC worth it at that price? Has it gone cheaper before?

AJ_Wings

Crysis 2 is a pretty fun shooter with interesting level design. I'd say it's about worth it with that price tag.

Just try to ignore the horrible story.

H3xum

So about 3/4 of my friends that are playing games right now are playing Mark of the Ninja

I suppose I probably should too?

vazel

Banned
The Secret World is a good one to get if you're interested in MMOs. Shame on people that whine about WoW clones and then don't buy TSW.

FYC

Banned
I can wait on DmC. What's the word on DMC4?

I've never played any of the games in this franchise
DMC4 is one of the best character action games no question. Despite the backtracking, the combat system is a fucking masterpiece. Someone light up the Dahbomb / Gunbo signal and get them to link sick ass combo vids since I'm on a phone

So, I have a gifting plan slowly brewing to act as a finale to the sale. A question, though: When's a good time to run it? The weekend's a given, of course, but when can I catch most people online; I think it's something that, like Bingo, would work best handled live.

For what it's worth, I'm in the UK. So if it means I don't have to stay up particularly late, that's good too.

Heh, I was thinking much the same earlier.

As I understand it the Seal ends on Monday at 10 am Pacific Time, or for us, 6 pm GMT.
So anything after then would probably be a decent time for most who inhabit this thread I would have thought. Yurop and 'merika would be okay anyway.

yami4ct

Ok, Sleeping Dogs is on sale again. Time to make good on my promise from the last thread. Grabbed it and the 4 story DLCs.

Now, no more games until Rogue Legacy. I'm really serious this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom