• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamarawk

How come the Community vote for Civ 5 is 33% off but it's currently selling for 50% off?

I believe its refering to Brave New World the new expansion which is $30 right now and 33% off is $20. I also think Civ 5 and G&K will get discounted more if it wins the vote tho.

Sullichin

Glad I got Alan Wake for almost nothing in the humble bundle because I didn't enjoy the hour I played of it. I'll just assume it gets a lot more interesting than what I've played.

Zeknurn

I guess it's time to give in on Sleeping Dogs even though I have been waiting for a complete bundle.

Can someone post that DLC guide someone made?

Hello!

I want the Dungeons and Dragons arcade games, and GMG has a 30% discount code, do you guys think Steam is going to have a better deal during the summer sale?

Thanks!

AlexBasch

I got the platinum on Sleepy Dawgs a few days ago, but now I'm trying to go 100% on the Steam Version. :p

Good thing is a daily though, I can wait for it tomorrow and see what else comes up in the following hours. Specially on the 8PM time window when I don't have access to my bank, hah.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've thought about buying Alan Wake in a previous sale. Thinking about it now.

But every time I put it in the cart, I decide not to buy it. Just doesn't interest me, somehow.

AJ_Wings

DMC4 is one of the best character action games no question. Despite the backtracking, the combat system is a fucking masterpiece. Someone light up the Dahbomb / Gunbo signal and get them to link sick ass combo vids since I'm on a phone

Most definitely. Someone please post that awesome Nero gif.

Game deserves more love.

yami4ct

Which 4 are the story DLC?

Most are side, jokey stuff. It seems like Wheels of Fury, Nightmare on Northpoint, Zodiac Tournament, and Year of the Snake have real story components. It appears Year of the Snake is even a continuation of the main game, though I'm suspecting it's an unnecessary one.

liezryou

I've thought about buying Alan Wake in a previous sale. Thinking about it now.

But every time I put it in the cart, I decide not to buy it. Just doesn't interest me, somehow.

Should've picked it up in the humble weekly when it was 1$ for the whole franchise!

zethren

Banned
I've beaten Alan Wake multiple times on the 360. Love it. How could I refuse the PC version for $3?Sold.

Also, Skyrim LE for $35.....might get.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Glad I got Alan Wake for almost nothing in the humble bundle because I didn't enjoy the hour I played of it. I'll just assume it gets a lot more interesting than what I've played.

That was my problem with it - it never got more interesting than the first hour. The combat mechanic got so old by the end.

Vecks

It's about the same throughout. Not much really changes. Similar enemies, same weapons, same light and dark mechanics.

antitrop

That was my problem with it - it never got more interesting than the first hour. The combat mechanic got so old by the end.
Alan Wake is, unfortunately, a game that starts strong and slowly trails off to a mediocre conclusion.

But it's still awesome.

Tiktaalik

Has anyone played the System Shock 2 on Steam before? I've heard that the one they sell on GoG is sort of pre-modded and a bit more accessible and easy to work with. Is the steam version the same? Any differences between GoG/Steam versions?

Damn, I really want the secret world...But I know I'm not going to play it like that...DmC is too rich for my blood right now. And I've been double dutching with Dishonored for a minute. When I rented the game, something turned me off about it, don't know what, but I couldn't push myself to play it...I think it was the stealth....Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom