• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody buy System Shock 2. I have never played the game before and just installed it a few days ago. The game is amazing.

Are any of the Crysis games worth getting at this point?

Crysis is one of the best FPSs of all-time. Crysis 2 is mediocre garbage. "Watered down" doesn't even begin to describe it. Its the epitome example of casualizing for the Call of Duty console gamers. Never bothered to play Crysis 3.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Scribblenauts Unlimited, gaf honest opinion? it looks fun and it's different..

The game is awesome and completely fresh.

It's a puzzlely little game, and the whole concept behind it of making things is really fantastic. If you're looking for something unique and special, definitely get it. It's a blast.

So, does this prove that DLC goes cheaper when the full game is a Daily Deal, rather than a Flash Sale? Against my better judgement I think I'm probably going to buy the Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass, but if I can wait and get it cheaper I think I might hate myself less.

Also, I was going to ask if DMC3's PC port was capable of 120FPS, but it seems like getting it to run at all is the real trick :p

liezryou

Glad I got Alan Wake for almost nothing in the humble bundle because I didn't enjoy the hour I played of it. I'll just assume it gets a lot more interesting than what I've played.

Yeah, i just downloaded alan wake 'the movie' from the humble site. Basically just the story without the retarded combat. Awesome story.

The_Monk

Just need Prison Architect to have my Level One Badge. It's seems so rare to drop for me!

yX7LY2Al.png

Also, I hope people are buying Sleeping Dogs! Don't make me post those GIFS!

Picked up the red orchestra pack, rising storm supposed to be good.

Also.. used money from selling a virtual foil card to help pay for it.

What a strange thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition worth it? or stick with normal?

Stick with the regular edition. The only SP DLC the game saw, The Lost Archive, is just more awful first-person platforming with Desmond.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just need Prison Architect to have my Level One Badge. It's seems so rare to drop for me!

yX7LY2Al.png

What is your Steam ID? I've got an extra you can have.

Do the earlier AC PC games come with the all dlc? Kind of interested in that bundle but it'd be nice to get the whole shebang for a good price.

I think 2 and Brotherhood do. Revelations does not, but The Lost Archive stuff is 2.49 and is actually pretty neat. I did not care for AC3 at all though, and that doesn't come with DLC either.

liezryou

Everybody buy System Shock 2. I have never played the game before and just installed it a few days ago. The game is amazing.

Crysis is one of the best FPSs of all-time. Crysis 2 is mediocre garbage. "Watered down" doesn't even begin to describe it. Its the epitome example of casualizing for the Call of Duty console gamers. Never bothered to play Crysis 3.

I still refuse to get SS2 because of it's graphics. COME AT ME GAF.

Decent sales today. I recommend System Shock 2, Alan Wake, Sleeping Dogs, and Mark of the Ninja. Crysis 2 is garbage.

I may get Scribblenauts, I have a couple of bucks from selling cards that I could put towards it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Mark of the Ninja getting cards is just enough to get me to go back to it and finish it up. Such a great game, not sure how/why I got sidetracked.

Has anyone played the System Shock 2 on Steam before? I've heard that the one they sell on GoG is sort of pre-modded and a bit more accessible and easy to work with. Is the steam version the same? Any differences between GoG/Steam versions?

Seems both versions are identical except, obviously, GOG version lacks any kind of DRM and has bonus lie OST and things like that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll do some idling later for the MotN and DmC cards (beat both already). I'll definitely craft the Sleepy Dawgs ♥ badge, didn't even notice it got cards.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeon Defenders -- MB-B0059394C31A9377 - Taken by 3pheMeraLmiX

First time using Modbot. Hope it worked!

Any more impressions of Amnesia? One GAFfer said it was boring and overrated.

I was also curious if there was a hard mode or something or any form of replay value. I did see there are some mods that enhance the difficulty

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
didn't know the Wheels DLC for sleeping dogs was another bit of story DLC. Thought it was just the car. I knew Zodiac, North Point, and YOTS were story (and bought)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom