• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Just need Prison Architect to have my Level One Badge. It's seems so rare to drop for me!

yX7LY2Al.png

Also, I hope people are buying Sleeping Dogs! Don't make me post those GIFS!

Monk tell me what DLC to get with sleeping dogs!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so is it safe to say that's the cheapest Ass Creed 3 will be?

i wanna spend the $15 i had reserved for it

It was $13 on Amazon last month and activated on Steam. So I would wait.

lupinko

I bought Dishonored with all the DLCs for $16 and I have a lot of remorse.

Feels very dishonorable now that I think about it.

yami4ct

Any consensus on what's the best Sleepy Dawgs DLC?

Haven't gotten to play the game yet, but Zodiac Tournament was really the only one that stood out to me watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look. North Point seemed goofy, but sort of boring. Wheels of Fury seemed unessential. Never watched anything for Year of the Snake.

I will play all 4, though.

DukeBobby

Any more impressions of Amnesia? One GAFfer said it was boring and overrrated.

I was also curious if there was a hard mode or something or any form of replay value. I did see there are some mods that enhance the difficulty

There is lots of replay value because there are tons of custom stories to download.

The game itself is slow, and I can see how someone could think it's boring, but it's definitely scary and will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout,

ZenaxPure

Orc Must Die 2 is worth it for the single player?

Did you play the first game? It's a better, faster, stronger version of that, so yeah, it is totally worth it if you are going for single player. Obviously it's fun in co-op as well, but, you don't lose out on anything by playing solo.

I'd say maybe 2 or 3 of the levels are clearly designed with 2 people in mind, but, those are few and far between.

Altazor

Football Manager 2013 - $10
System Shock 2 - $2.5
Alan Wake - $3
Sleeping Dogs - $6.24
Mark of the Ninja - $3.74

STAHP STEAM, STAHP. I CAN'T HAVE THEM ALL.

I'm getting SS2 at least

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Today's haul will begin with:

- Skyrim DLC (assuming Dragonborn's discount is fixed)
- The Secret World
- Rising Storm

Depending on Dunder's price, I may also opt for DMC and its DLC.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Are you serious?

The game still looks wonderful. Such fantastic art direction.

What's wrong with you? Seriously.

I started playing it for the first time a few days ago. I agree! I think it looks fantastic. But then, I'm more picky about visual design than anything else...

Wag

DMC3 is probably one of the worst PC ports of the last 10 years.

Double clicking the EXE will probably just give you an error message or a fatal error and close itself.

So I should only get DMC4 and forget DMC3? It's only $2.50 more for DMC3.

antitrop

There is lots of replay value because there are tons of custom stories to download.

The game itself is slow, and I can see how someone could think it's boring, but it's definitely scary and will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout,
The only time I ever enjoyed Amnesia was when I was watching Day9 stream it a few Halloweens ago.

So I should only get DMC4 and forget DMC3?

Exactly. Play DMC3 some other way.

yami4ct

I bought Dishonored with all the DLCs for $16 and I have a lot of remorse.

Feels very dishonorable now that I think about it.

I got it, without DLC, for like $25 black Friday last year from Amazon. Not going to lie, after installing it and like playing 2-3 hours, I instantly regret it. That game did nothing for it. Felt so boring.

liezryou

How dare you make a decision on what to do with your money.

Villain.

Graphics whore.

Are you serious?

The game still looks wonderful. Such fantastic art direction.

What's wrong with you? Seriously.

I love you all. I just can't play a shooter with those graphics. I love terraria, super meat boy, so it's not like i have an issue with retro graphics. I'm not an FPS fan to begin with and those graphics seriously turn me off :X.

Secret World seems like it could be a really great experience, but I have my doubts I could get into it. And if it truly is 40gb, a download close to that size would take me several days of leaving the internet on doing nothing but download it... which is depressing. I guess I'll pass.

So about 3/4 of my friends that are playing games right now are playing Mark of the Ninja

I suppose I probably should too?

Yes, you probably should. It's an extremely refreshing game in the stealth genre that avoids the typical drudgery maintaining a fast pace, giving you a variety of items and allowing you to tackle the enemies quickly and efficiently in either a lethal manner or, alternatively, to bypass them completely without feeling like you're being punished for your approach. All of the game's components reinforce the mechanics (the visual clues and sound clues in particular) and it's just an all-round, enjoyable, fun game with incentive for replays.

MrKaepora

Mark of the Ninja getting cards is just enough to get me to go back to it and finish it up. Such a great game, not sure how/why I got sidetracked.

The game isn't too long, get back to it and finish it. And play it again on hard so you can experience the two endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom