• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you play the first game? It's a better, faster, stronger version of that, so yeah, it is totally worth it if you are going for single player. Obviously it's fun in co-op as well, but, you don't lose out on anything by playing solo.

I'd say maybe 2 or 3 of the levels are clearly designed with 2 people in mind, but, those are few and far between.

thanks, bought!

antitrop

I love you all. I just can't play a shooter with those graphics. I love terraria, super meat boy, so it's not like i have an issue with retro graphics. I'm not an FPS fan to begin with and those graphics seriously turn me off :X.

System Shock 2 looks fine with mods. Good, even.

I can't believe backgrounds for the profiles sell for so cheap. They are literally between 4-8 cents each. I just picked up an Alan Wake and Walking Dead background (which doesn't even fit the screen wth) for my profile. Make's it look a bit better then just nothing.

Still wish you could put your own backgrounds on the profile's. I really want a One piece background ;_;

stufte

Any chance of Euro Truck Sim 2 going below 10 dollars again? OR. Anyone pick up an extra copy when it was $9.99 and willing to part with it? PLZ?

Seanspeed

Banned
Quoted for new page.

If you do it early enough, I think the house building aspect is fairly rewarding. You'll be building in stages, slowly adding features and wings, while collecting resources when you're out and about. Its also a good way to boost your blacksmithing skill.

If you do it when you're rich, you can basically just 'quick buy' a lot of it, taking much of the 'building' aspect of it away.

So I guess it depends on how you like to play. If you enjoy taking these slow and not needing absolutely everything done right away, its definitely worth it. Otherwise, if you just want a house NOW, then use a mod.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Dragonborn sale price is terrible, Steam has let me down.

It was half off when Skyrim was a Flash Sale, so the current discount of 30% is an error that, with any luck, will be fixed before the clock hits zero.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
should of mentioned i'm using steam wallet, heh.

Thought it was worth mentioning that Ubisoft has already discounted it deeper in the past. So it'll probably be cheaper before too long, even on Steam.

liezryou

Any chance of Euro Truck Sim 2 going below 10 dollars again? OR. Anyone pick up an extra copy when it was $9.99 and willing to part with it? PLZ?

I was selling a couple of copies for 10$ on the last thread and sold my last copy like an hour ago :X. Lemme see if i have any friends with any extras. PM me your steam id ill add you.

Is it likely that Assassin's Creed 3's DLC will go cheaper when the game is a Daily Deal? That's what happened with Sleeping Dogs' DLC, right?

Just want to give a shout out to Orcs Must Die! 2.

The game is the best mix of action and tower defense that I've played (compared to Toy Soldiers, Iron Brigade, and Dungeon Defense).

It has a perfect combo of the action and setting traps. It's fun and fast paced, but still has a lot of room for strategy.

Plus the sequel added co-op and I think if you own the first game you get all/most of those levels available in co-op as well.

They also just added Steam Workshop support, but I haven't tried it out yet.

It even has a demo for you to try it yourself!

yami4ct

I'm going to buy DmC and enjoy the hell out of it in direct spite of all you weird fanboys.

DmC is fantastic. One of my favorite games of the year so far. Love the tone and the way the game feels. Ninja Theory really nailed it for my tastes, though I could see why a lot of serious DMC fans would hate it.

Played SS2 first time even (I couldn't get it running last time) for an hour just now and goddamn is it scary. Everything about it is scary and I have only played an hour. Only minus is that the HUD is very very small on 1600x900 which makes it bit hard to read (I was stuck on the first keypad with 45100 code for 15 minutes cause I didn't get you could switch between PDA-displays).

Avallon

How long does it take for cards from a purchase to show up? I'm pretty sure I didn't get any from the purchase I just made.

Torraz

The game is the best mix of action and tower defense that I've played (compared to Toy Soldiers, Iron Brigade, and Dungeon Defense).

It has a perfect combo of the action and setting traps. It's fun and fast paced, but still has a lot of room for strategy.

Plus the sequel added co-op and I think if you own the first game you get all/most of those levels available in co-op as well.

Good game, but I must say I preferred the first game.

Pachael

Hmm. Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Revelations and Brotherhood are 75% off and are at historical lows, all of which ~$16. That's a fair bit of game.

BLunted

Banned
I guess it's time to give in on Sleeping Dogs even though I have been waiting for a complete bundle.

Can someone post that DLC guide someone made?

If you want a complete bundle, just buy the base game for for $6.24 and the complete DLC bundle for $13.74.

It's probably the same cost if they had bundled it anyway.

Must buy.

Is bought! :)

There is lots of replay value because there are tons of custom stories to download.

The game itself is slow, and I can see how someone could think it's boring, but it's definitely scary and will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout,

Oh thanks for that! *Saves url for the future*

Thanks! Really appreciate it. Hope I enjoy it as much as you have Dear Esther

My pleasure fine sir :).

Jesus, Activision are some cheap fucks when it comes to sales. I want Timeshift and Vampire, and barely any discounts from them suckers. Not even a dent on Deadpool. I knew I should have grab Bloodstone last year :( At least I grabbed Blur...I'll wait for Vampire, just like Alpha.

maty

I support this. Awesome game, Besides I need more people to play coop with :p

Sullichin

If Dark Souls goes on sale again I'm going to buy a copy to gift through modbot

Did I just make a mistake buying regular Serious Sam 3 instead of the Gold edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom