• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This profile background disturbs me.

400x400

It looks like the dinosaurs are humping.

Good game, but I must say I preferred the first game.

I played the crap out of both. OMD!2 is more of an expansion pack than a true sequel anyways. Mostly the same music and a lot of the same voice clips (annoyingly).

I do think the crossbow was more satisfying in the first game, but I really enjoy playing as the Sorceress and using her confuse spell on enemies.

yami4ct

Sleepy Dogs+DLC+High Res Textures is over 10 Gigs? Dear lord, my shit internet is going to hate me. Going to take like 2 days to get this. It's times like this I question the "All digital future".

M.D

How many cards does it take to craft a badge? It says you need a set of cards, but what is considered a set?

solarus

Noo don't listen to people recommending DmC4 over DmC, the game is a terrible disappointment. You play the same damn game twice, when you get dante it's the same levels and bosses recycled and the bosses are lackluster too. The only advantage it has is a higher skill ceiling if you are a pro, which won't be anyone asking which one to buy lol. Plus you can play DmC in glorious 60fps on pc, most hardcore DmC fans will just never get over the redesigned dante and the fact ninja theory made it, the game is pretty fantastic and the campaign is faaaar superior to DmC4. Now if DmC3 had a pc port that wasn't complete garbage I would recommend that in an instant, it shits in both games from a great height,

DmC is fantastic. One of my favorite games of the year so far. Love the tone and the way the game feels. Ninja Theory really nailed it for my tastes, though I could see why a lot of serious DMC fans would hate it.

The reason why DMC fans don't like DmC (the sane ones anyway) is that instead of advancing the series Capcom threw the baby out with the bath water and made a game no one asked for. This is after knocking the combat out of the park in 4, all they really needed was a better setting, new enemies and all that jazz. It's unfortunate that DmC had the baggage it did but well, it kind of fucked up the future of the franchise. Not really Ninja Theory's fault though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you not have them already? oO

Haha, unfortunately, no. Skyrim hadn't been on sale on Steam in yonks and while it has been discounted elsewhere this year (namely GameStop/Impulse and GMG, if memory serves), those retailers weren't an option for Australian buyers such as myself ; The Secret World was half off as a Daily last month, but I either opted against it hoping it'd be cheaper now or missed the deal entirely; and The Rising Storm is a recent release.

Sullichin

Noo don't listen to people recommending DmC4 over DmC, the game is a terrible disappointment. You play the same damn game twice, when you get dante it's the same levels and bosses recycled and the bosses are lackluster too. The only advantage it has is a higher skill ceiling if you are a pro, which won't be anyone asking which one to buy lol. Plus you can play DmC in glorious 60fps on pc, most hardcore DmC fans will just never get over the redesigned dante and the fact ninja theory made it, the game is pretty fantastic and the campaign is faaaar superior to DmC4. Now if DmC3 had a pc port that wasn't complete garbage I would recommend that in an instant, it shits in both games from a great height,

Are you telling me DMC4 isn't 60fps on PC?
What did I do

Altazor

so I just got System Shock 2 and Alan Wake Franchise for $6.48. And voted for Civ5 although I've already played it and stuff (and I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR ONE... MORE... TURN...)

Should I get Sleeping Dogs or Mark of the Ninja or wait for another Tomb Raider daily? WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE, STEAM?

yami4ct

I'd say the lower skill ceiling was the main reason hardcore Devil May Cry fans disliked DmC rather than the new Dante. I don't blame them, but I also don't care personally. It's an amazing game for someone like me who wants a fun, cool looking action game and doesn't want to spend over a hundred hours mastering mechanics.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Should be noted that buying the DLC pack is a total mistake as it's damn near game breaking. A lot of the DLC gives money and xp, which destroys most of the fun in the game. You'd be better off buying the 'story' dlc + some costumes if you please.
Agreed, although Wheels of Fury is decent and the batmobile is incredibly fun to drive (don't use it in races though, makes them stupidly easy XD)

I was waiting for Mark of the Ninja and at that price I couldn't resist.

DmC is on my wishlist, but price wasn't enticing enough.

Damage so far not to bad.

Dust
Mark of the Ninja
Witcher 1 & 2

cicero

Should be noted that buying the DLC pack is a total mistake as it's damn near game breaking. A lot of the DLC gives money and xp, which destroys most of the fun in the game. You'd be better off buying the 'story' dlc + some costumes if you please.

Which is the game breaking DLC specifically though?

sprinkles

System Shock 2 looks fine with mods. Good, even.
Yes, I was shocked myself. The clean SciFi look aged much better than, say, Deus Ex. And with the HighRes texture mod it looks okay'ish, I won't say good, because that would be lying. But still good enough to keep its unmatched atmosphere.

The_Monk

I wonder if the jump from Orcs must Die 1 from Orcs must Die 2 is big enough.

I only have the first one and I liked it, I know there's a new character you play with, I believe.

Bought the remaining major Sleepy Dawgz DLC (ZT, WoF, YotS) that I didn't already have. I'll hold off on the more recent minor DLCs until a later sale.

masterkajo

Just got a "Skyrim (foil)" for this summer thing. But it doesn't go towards my next badge. What's it for?

It's going toward a summer sale foil badge. Basically the same thing but it is worth more to people b/c the word "foil" is next to it and it has a lower drop chance.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Valve got back to me after about 33 hours, asked me to verify my billing information and that I did authorize the charges to my account. Now I'm just waiting for them to receive my response and, in their own words, "unlock" my account. Faster than I expected so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom