• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC4 is better than DmC, dont listen to anyone who says otherwise. It has better combat, two completely different characters to play as (who CARES that you go through the backgrounds twice, you play it COMPLETELY DIFFERENT).

Its simply a better action game from enemies to bosses, to action moments, extras, everything. DmC is great as well just not as good as 3 or 4.

Pathetic story? "I have to save you my love."

Ugh... Was the worst Story ever.

Sleeping Dawgs and Mark of the Ninja for me

Thinking about
Alan Wake $2.99
If Crysis 2 is shit then Crysis Warhead ($5,99) any good, I have only played Crysis 1
AC 2 Deluxe $4,99, have only played AC3 on Wii U
Still thinking about Dishonored $10 and Max Payne 3 $7,49

Any thoughts??

Does Crysis Warhead run on Windows 7?

yami4ct

Nothing looks really interesting to me today except Mark of the Ninja.

What do you guys think of it?

Played it on 360 and really enjoyed it. Didn't enjoy it as much as it was hyped, but still a very good game. If you play methodically and are at all good at stealth, though, it'll get super easy to perfect levels.

PhaZZe

Banned
Guys i have a problem, i can add non-steam games without problems and play it but when i relog the game disappears from list and i need to do all again (search .exe and everything)

any way to fix this up?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys I couldn't pass up the GMG deal on FFVII.

Which means it'll be in the next round of flash deals.

You're welcome. :)

Thinking about
Alan Wake $2.99
If Crysis 2 is shit then Crysis Warhead ($5,99) any good, I have only played Crysis 1

Any thoughts??

Get Dishonored if you want what is in essence a stealth focused Bioshock. One of my favourite games.

How's the PS3 version of sleeping dogs? I got it from PS+ earlier but didn't have the chance to play it yet. Is the PC version a large enough improvement to spent extra money on it?

Kevin

Thinking about
Alan Wake $2.99

Any thoughts??

Alan Wake is probably my favorite game series this generation. It's that good!

Sullichin

I never thought I'd turn into one of you... you people. I've bought ~17 games since Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed was on sale during its free weekend (2 weeks ago?)

Which, by the way, you should immediately buy if it goes on sale again. That game is awesome.

You're trying to rationalize the padding. No thanks.

You care about backgrounds that much. The way every encounter plays out is different. Its not padding when there is an entire new combat system to learn and grow. Plus Dante is more interesting to play as so even though you are seeing the same backgrounds the game is more fun.

I never thought I'd turn into one of you... you people. I've bought ~17 games since Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed was on sale during its free weekend (2 weeks ago?)

Which, by the way, you should immediately buy if it goes on sale again. That game is awesome.

Listen to this man!

M.D

Each game needs a different amount. See the Badges section

I'm looking at it right now, but I'm not sure I understand

Looking at Terraria for example - I have 3 rows with 4 cards in the two first rows and 1 in the third row

There's no noticeable difference between the cards, and all of them are of "series 1"

Valve got back to me after about 33 hours, asked me to verify my billing information and that I did authorize the charges to my account. Now I'm just waiting for them to receive my response and, in their own words, "unlock" my account. Faster than I expected so far.

Wait... is that to unlock your account entirely or to release a marketplace lockout? Because support were fucking useless when my marketplace got locked, despite using the same Paypal account to purchase things from Steam for like.. oh I don't know, the last three years or so?

Anyhoo... support told me that they cannot unlock my marketplace account, and I have to wait until the seven days pass. Doesn't stop me buying games, but it does mean I can't gift anything or buy / sell trading cards at the moment :-\

If steam support are offering to release the marketplace lock for you, I'm going to fire them another request. Would be cool if you could keep us updated!

Vodh

I already have TSW. Is there a way to redeem it through steam? It's got its own patcher and everything and I have to log in to play anyway, there should be a way, right?

The_Monk

How's the PS3 version of sleeping dogs? I got it from PS+ earlier but didn't have the chance to play it yet. Is the PC version a large enough improvement to spent extra money on it?

Finshed the PS3 Version of it and got some DLC too. It's fine but on PC the game really shines fellow GAFfer.

I would say to get it, however you should check your Backlog and priorities, you can always grab a game you don't have first and then come back to Sleeping Dogs. Hope it helped. :)

Hawkie

Looking at Terraria for example - I have 3 rows with 4 cards in the two first rows and 1 in the third row

There's no noticeable difference between the cards, and all of them are of "series 1"

You need all 9 to craft it, Dust requires 8, BL2 requires 6 and so on.

PqRATOp.png

You'll need all 9 Cards to make a badge, for example

Exile550

YES!

If you've ever enjoyed Doom, Blood, Duke Nukem 3D etc, I would buy it without hesitation.

It's a proper old school, balls out fun FPS.

I actually wanted to really dislike it, because there's only one king I hail to and his name is Duke. However, as I loaded it up for cards and started playing it, I found it really pretty fun. For 90% off, you'd be stupid not to if you have a passing interest in FPS games.

Also - the serious engine is great. Ran at 1080P smooth as butter on high settings for me. And I have a relatively old passive GTS 450 card that dies whenever anything stresses it too much :)

Thanks, you've made a sale!

nexen

Why do I keep buying Assassin's Creed games?
I hated the first one and couldn't get into the second one.
But I own all of them except 3, which will, no doubt, eventually be $5 and I'll own that too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's not really honest to say the backtracking was only bad, because of the scenery. It was part of the larger problem in DMC4. Most of the enemies were clearly designed for Nero and his arm mechanic. A lot of the encounters had enemies all over the place in the wide environments, so Dante had to cover a lot more ground to keep the pace halfway decent. Dante also broke the game in a billion and one pieces. Toss in the boss reuse and bg reuse and the last part of DMC4 was boring as fuck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DmC is a fine game. Plus the PC port is fantastic.

Capcom has been rather hesitant towards discounting the game, though. It didn't go on sale on Steam for four months, and when it did, it was just 40% off. That discount should have been 50% and today's discount 66%.

DirtyLary

Most of you know this but I'm still going to throw it out there. I ran into a few people that didn't know.

To get cards you can simple idle your game at the menu and minimize it and do other things.

You don't have to be playing the game to leech your cards. Nice trick to get your cards fast to sell while their high value, when you don't have the time to play.

Nabs

It depends on how much you appreciate 1080p, 60fps and high res textures. I'd pay 15 over a free PS3 version.

BadAss2961

You're trying to rationalize the padding. No thanks.
The combat is so good that the padding is forgivable. Regardless, DMC4 mixes things up enough and offers at least dozens of hours of playing time.

A tip for newcomers - DMC4 uses a replayable mission format. Play missions multiple times (master them as much as you can) and upgrade your skills before moving ahead to new levels. You'll probably need every orb you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom