• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow.. I didn't think you need all of them :eek:

So basically to get all the cards for one game you always need to need to sell/trade cards

Yep it was specifically designed for that since Valve wants you to go down that rabbit hole.

Still its interesting since you can create your own source of funding with selling cards and using that money to buy games/more cards.

I didnt played the whole DMC Saga for the Story. But the Story and the Characters bothered me since the first one. Gameplay was good (and not as hard as some say) but the controls were shit. Changing weapons is like your death sentence. And to that. The world alone wasnt spectacular.

DmC fixed all those issues that i had with the entire franchise. But it had some other issues were the franchise was great. Is it something that cant be fixed with a sequel? NO.

And i cant see why people hate DmC. All this "It got easier." talk is annoying. Now the series got some new fans. Instead of being happy that more people gonna enjoy those games they are all like the new dante and say "FUCK YOU".

I thought DmC was great too. Combat was pretty damn sweet and I love the focus on cinematic moments and such. If I had to choose though you know my choice.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, my 10 bucks on Reus and DMC4 is a good deal huh? If I relent I might not end up buying anything!

nexen

Did you vote on the community choice or buy something?

No. The last time I voted was at 1pm EST and it told me "1 more vote to get a card".
I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations (WHY?) at about 1:30pm EST and got a card (dupe!) right away.

Then random card at 2:00pm EST.

CoolS

Just looked at Sleeping Dogs and it's a violence reduced version here in Germany. The thing that really struck me though: There is no DLC anywhere on the store page. Does anyone knwo if the DLC is available for the german version as well?

The_Monk

I've never played either game (didn't have a PC that could run them at the time) do they hold up pretty well?

I believe they do if you are a fan. I'm not sure if there are mods for it. To me, Gaming is timeless so playing those games now it's just worth it if not for the Nostalgia values for me but either way keen an eye on them. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shamefully, I've owned Alan Wake's American Nightmare for a while now but haven't gotten around to actually playing it. :p I should probably get on that.

The combat is somewhat better owing to the wider variety of enemy types, but the rest of the game was clearly hamstrung by the XBLA size restriction: the campaign's three levels, which are each repeated three times, are rather small, not to mention some offensively awful texture work. It honestly feels as though American Nightmare was originally conceived as an arcade spin-off and Remedy later decided to throw a quick and dirty narrative into the mix to frame an SP campaign, so as to increase the value proposition.

If it wasn't for playing the game backwards, i'm convinced that DMC4 would be looked at as the best game in the series.

DMC4 has 1 good boss and the enemies are pretty lame. It's a shame there wasn't any advancement on that front after the first game.

OG DMC is my favourite

Zeliard

American Nightmare was a huge letdown for me. They basically took it into the opposite direction of what I wanted them to go. Instead of making it more of a thriller they turned it into an action game. There is also one big story element which was a neat idea, but didn't work out well at all in my opinion.

The combat is somewhat better owing to the wider variety of enemy types, but the rest of the game was clearly hamstrung by the XBLA size restriction: the campaign's three levels, which are each repeated three times, are rather small, not to mention some offensively awful texture work. It honestly feels as though American Nightmare was originally conceived as an arcade spin-off and Remedy later decided to throw a quick and dirty narrative into the mix to frame an SP campaign, so as to increase the value proposition.

Yeah, this is the sort of thing I've heard about it. But as someone who actually enjoyed Alan Wake's combat (despite Alan Wake having the stamina of an 80 year-old man), I'm interested in seeing what they managed to do with a more combat-focused endeavor.

I really hope we get a true sequel to the game. I think Alan Wake makes an excellent base to build off of.

Just looked at Sleeping Dogs and it's a violence reduced version here in Germany. The thing that really struck me though: There is no DLC anywhere on the store page. Does anyone knwo if the DLC is available for the german version as well?

IIRC they are not since I remember a few posters complaining about it in the Sleeping Dogs thread to the SE community manager when a new DLC would be released.

Maybe that changed or i'm talking out of my ass.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, just bought enough stuff that I should have gotten 2 cards, but after the sale went through it logged me out and never gave me any cards.

xDEKOIx

Anyone want to trade their Crysis 2/collection or Serious Sam 3?
I have Monaco, Witcher 2, Mars: War Logs, Hotline Miami, Eador, and endless space to offer. I'll hook you up with a couple other games too ;p
PM me

CoG

TIL I'll be on Steam 10 years in September and I signed up day one. Hope gaben has something in store for the charter members
yeah we'll get a badge

IIRC they are not since I remember a few posters complaining about it in the Sleeping Dogs thread to the SE community manager when a new DLC would be released.

Maybe that changed or i'm talking out of my ass.

No. The DLC still isnt available in Germany and you need to let someone gift it to you or buy some key at some keystore for the DLC.

Here is the message for german-speaking members:

"Für dieses Spiel stehen keine Inhalte zum Herunterladen zur Verfügung."

Does anyone have a copy of Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion from a 4-pack that they'd want to trade for a same-priced game through Steam? PM me here or on Steam (unpurposed).

Thanks in advance!

Is it just me or is the steam support website getting hammered? I just made another 10 dollah purchase and did not get another trading card.

Edit: Bahdumtish, it just notified me and I got it just now. Took it long enough.

PaulLFC

It actually costs more to buy just the Skyrim DLC than it does to buy the Legendary Edition, so people who've bought Skyrim but no DLC yet get screwed. Admittedly that might not be a very large group of people but still... shitty move :/

chronomac

I looked for and downloaded the Rogue Legacy demo (not why it isn't on Steam) and man that game doesn't run well on my laptop. It didn't look all that graphically intensive from the videos I've seen but it really lags of my Macbook Pro. I had to drop it to the lowest resolution and while it was, technically, playable it wasn't fun to deal with the low frame rate. I am really disappointed. Oh well.

Sini

Anyone want to trade their Crysis 2/collection or Serious Sam 3?
I have Monaco, Witcher 2, Mars: War Logs, Hotline Miami, Eador, and endless space to offer. I'll hook you up with a couple other games too ;p
PM me
Serious Sam 3 for Monaco or Witcher 2 would be amazing.

Zeliard

Many dreams were crushed when Remedy announced Quantum Break in lieu of Alan Wake 2. :(

AW apparently eventually sold 3 million, though a lot of that was likely at a very low price point, so we'll see if they decide to do a follow-up. I like Remedy a lot so I'm generally up for whatever they have to offer, but certainly AW2 would be great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom