• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The DLC still isnt available in Germany and you need to let someone gift it to you or buy some key at some keystore for the DLC.

Here is the message for german-speaking members:

"Für dieses Spiel stehen keine Inhalte zum Herunterladen zur Verfügung."

Well at least I wasn't crazy :p

And that is really unfortunate :(, classification issues?

kennah

It actually costs more to buy just the Skyrim DLC than it does to buy the Legendary Edition, so people who've bought Skyrim but no DLC yet get screwed. Admittedly that might not be a very large group of people but still... shitty move :/

No it doesn't... you're including the cost of Skyrim. The DLC for Skyrim is 14+10+2.50

26.50 is less than 36...

Ruze789

This will be my first Steam sale with a computer that can play these games, so far I'm looking at Mark of the Ninja, Strike Suit Zero, and maybe Sleeping Dogs.

theRizzle

I'm thinking about getting
a) Sleeping Dogs
b) Mark of the Ninja

Which is more 'must play'?

Why not both?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-9EB0555894A4683E - Taken by H3xum
Mark Of The Ninja -- MB-56CDC42CEDF1EC42 - Taken by Fireblend

Picked up System Shock 2. Which mod guide should I follow? I one in the OT is different from a more recent one I remember being posted in this thread. Also should I try to play with default controls, or jump in with a certain keybinding profile? Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AW apparently eventually sold 3 million, though a lot of that was likely at a very low price point, so we'll see if they decide to do a follow-up. I like Remedy a lot so I'm generally up for whatever they have to offer, but certainly AW2 would be great to see.

Yeah, given Alan Wake's glacial sales pace, I'm not surprised that Microsoft wanted to explore a new IP and put AW in suspended animation. Hopefully, though, Quantum Break does well and inspires some confidence.

Edit: You may have seen this already, but Sam Lake took the time to address Alan Wake fans following QB's announcement.

tbhysgb

I didnt played the whole DMC Saga for the Story. But the Story and the Characters bothered me since the first one. Gameplay was good (and not as hard as some say) but the controls were shit. Changing weapons is like your death sentence. And to that. The world alone wasnt spectacular.

DmC fixed all those issues that i had with the entire franchise. But it had some other issues were the franchise was great. Is it something that cant be fixed with a sequel? NO.

And i cant see why people hate DmC. All this "It got easier." talk is annoying. Now the series got some new fans. Instead of being happy that more people gonna enjoy those games they are all like the new dante and say "FUCK YOU".
I'm sure zipper had new fans with Socom 4. What good are new fans if you piss off all the old ones? Change to games can happen, but it has to make sense for the franchise and be done carefully.

FYC

Banned
The DMC4 combat is goddamn top notch. First purchase of the steam sale, technically free because of all the trading cards I sold. Thanks Steam Market!

Stop with this nonsense that DMC fans don't like DmC because white hair, we literally just had a thread with this shit too. It's the equivalent of dismissing all criticism and shouting HATERS GONNA HATE!!!

Anyways, if you like it or prefer it to the old DMC games or want to buy it that's totally fine... Just... Y'know, don't do that. Thank you. Skim through that thread and you'll get some detailed explanation as to why people didn't like it.

PaulLFC

No it doesn't... you're including the cost of Skyrim. The DLC for Skyrim is 14+10+2.50

26.50 is less than 36...
No I'm not... UK prices are evidently different...

HPwapsL.png

£6.99 + £9.79 + £1.74 = £18.52

Legendary Edition = £17.99

maty

Man, these Mark of the Ninja cards are dropping really slowly for me.

Yeah, I've been idling for an hour now and got only 1 drop.

Also, anyone on the fence with Mark of the Ninja, buy it. It's a fantastic game. But please don't just idle and sell cards. If you have time, PLAY IT!!!

CoolS

No. The DLC still isnt available in Germany and you need to let someone gift it to you or buy some key at some keystore for the DLC.

Here is the message for german-speaking members:

"Für dieses Spiel stehen keine Inhalte zum Herunterladen zur Verfügung."

Thanks, I guess I won't be buying this right now then.

theRizzle

KiDdYoNe

Im at work, still bought Serious Sam Pack. Anyway, this is not the case. From PC, there's a limited traffic, and i can't find terms of use for ModBot. I have a little bonus for community. Can anyone please gimme the link?

yami4ct

If you enjoy stealth games to any degree, I would say Mark of the Ninja. If possible they're both worth a purchase but I vastly preferred Mark of the Ninja.

I'm a pretty big stealth fan, but I don't know. As someone who's played a bunch of stealth games, Mark of the Ninja was too easy. I perfected levels first try most of the time. It was fun to go back and try different styles, but I never found it to be challenging.

It's a great game to be sure, but I would have loved to have some more challenging design.

Apdiddy

I picked up System Shock 2 during a flash sale, so nothing today. Other than do you see Alan Wake & Sleeping Dogs? Do you like video games? Well, you should be getting both of those games NOW. Get all the DLC too.

To me, the Devil May Cry series is a console game although the DMC reboot runs pretty horribly on consoles. I still wouldn't pay $25 for the reboot and I actually like Ninja Theory's games. I have no problems with the choices Ninja Theory made or with the game itself....I just expect it to be a $12 deal like Tomb Raider was.

And the Football Manager postcard is inspired and hilarious.

And I wish I could get Skyrim Legendary Edition but I'm at work.

Prophane33

Civ V I think.

That's what I went with. This is another one of those games that those that either A.) Don't own it or B.) Want to get into the series should pick up. I was one of the biggest Civ V haters around (Civ II 4 Life!) but they've done a lot to improve it and it's now an actual enjoyable game worthy of the Civilization name.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, this is the sort of thing I've heard about it. But as someone who actually enjoyed Alan Wake's combat (despite Alan Wake having the stamina of an 80 year-old man), I'm interested in seeing what they managed to do with a more combat-focused endeavor.

I really hope we get a true sequel to the game. I think Alan Wake makes an excellent base to build off of.
I like the combat of Alan Wake, but I definitely think it shouldn't be the focus of the game. American Nightmare throws in assault rifles and exploding satellites which to me doesn't fit into the game at all. I'd love it if Alan Wake 2 did away with the slowmotion moments, didn't outright show you when enemies were spawned and focused more on the thriller/horror side of things.

yami4ct

Just how difficult is Mark of the Ninja?

If you don't play stealth games often, or play it in a very don't stop for nothin' style, you might get a fair amount of difficulty. If you play methodically and use the tools available, though, it's pretty damn easy.

The_Monk

Just how difficult is Mark of the Ninja?

It's not hard fellow GAFfer, you can be all Stealth or try to go in a more action packed way.

My advice is to go Stealth, take your time and enjoy. If you fail I just want to tell you that the Checkpoints are very fair so you won't feel the frustration. There's "prizes" if you do some actions in the game itself that can reward you so you can get upgrades to your Ninja.

Hope it helped! I can't wait to get this and play it again.Have fun! :)

I decided to go ahead and pick up my favorite AC game, since it was only €3,74. I'll let you figure out which one it is.

A hint, I'm probably in the minority of people thinking it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom