• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

LTjBBZF.png

How did u do that.

Caerith

Would you say the content is similar, e.g Orcs Must Die 2 renders Orcs must Die 1 worthless due to gameplay advancements and other new content.

Or do you think otherwise in your opinion.

I think I'm leaning towards getting the whole pack then.
Similar, sure, but I don't think OMD2 renders OMD1 obsolete. It isn't like how if you get L4D2 you don't need L4D1-- OMD1 still has its own stuff.

No. Two guys in my class were talking about the ending to Bishock infinite out loud and started spewing spoilers everywhere, so I went LA LA LA LA LA, covered my ears and attempted to leave campus. One guy followed me and started screaming all the spoilers for Bioshock Infinite. I ran, but because my shoes were untied (I don't know how to tie them), I fell on the hard cement just like they do on the cartoons. I got up, gave him the finger and continued to walk to the bus stop with my knees spewing blood all over the place. He was like "Dude, your knees! But I was too annoyed to stop. I walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, and everyone starred at me ki because there was blood everywhere.

Sorry I laughed. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
bah, DMC 25 bucks? pass.....
That's half off, you expecting cheaper?
Interested in The Secret World, any opinions on the game? Despite it being a massive download, seemingly.
Just get it to support the B2P model! If nothing else I'm sure 15 bucks is a great value for an MMO's worth of content.

As I hear it's great plot, puzzle, story, and well-crafted dungeons, with fairly antiquated graphics and combat.

Freezard

Question: What's the chance of BioShock 2: Minerva's Den being added to Steam this sale? I thought it was added in the registry along with the achievements.

Tak3n

Banned
just crafted my first set of badges, is there anyway to get the image you get as a background image for your computer, I did not realise it was only a profile pic

No. Two guys in my class were talking about the ending to Bishock infinite out loud and started spewing spoilers everywhere, so I went LA LA LA LA LA, covered my ears and attempted to leave campus. One guy followed me and started screaming all the spoilers for Bioshock Infinite. I ran, but because my shoes were untied (I don't know how to tie them), I fell on the hard cement just like they do on the cartoons. I got up, gave him the finger and continued to walk to the bus stop with my knees spewing blood all over the place. He was like "Dude, your knees! But I was too annoyed to stop. I walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, and everyone starred at me because there was blood everywhere.

Whoa. You're lucky to be alive man.

Salsa

oh fuck that's right I dont have Vergil's Downfall

this is like DLC day, I feel dirty as shit

edit: $4.5? what a TURD

Terra

But.. you're going to miss the next few dailies...
What if it's something you want. Don't shut out Gaben from your life.

Yeah, but I really need to save the small money I got left for a roadtrip next week. So I really cannot buy any more...was looking for Silent Hill, FM2013 and Dishonored. But they simply have to wait.

Gabe will have my money in the winter anyway...;)

Your free time just dodged a bullet there :p.

;)

Skab

No. Two guys in my class were talking about the ending to Bishock infinite out loud and started spewing spoilers everywhere, so I went LA LA LA LA LA, covered my ears and attempted to leave campus. One guy followed me and started screaming all the spoilers for Bioshock Infinite. I ran, but because my shoes were untied (I don't know how to tie them), I fell on the hard cement just like they do on the cartoons. I got up, gave him the finger and continued to walk to the bus stop with my knees spewing blood all over the place. He was like "Dude, your knees! But I was too annoyed to stop. I walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, and everyone starred at me because there was blood everywhere.

You...don't know how to tie your shoes?

liezryou

Alright bros, Since we are over halfway with the sale, time to recollect the damage:

Sale Games Won from Giveaways:
McPixel
Tomb Raider: Underworld
FTL: Faster Than Light
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Secret of the Magic Crystals

Sale Games Bought Cheaply Thanks to a Certain Generous GAFfer :D:
Mars: War Logs
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Monaco
Gun Monkeys
Anodyne

Sale Games Bought From Steam:
Defiance
Antichamber
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
Surgeon Simulator 2013
FEZ
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Sleeping Dogs + 3 Story DLCs

Oh Dear God What Have I Done?

cicero

When people board your ship in FTL that shit's the worst. The shipmates are the worst fighters ever.

Get a big crew as fast as you can. Get better blast doors and open up the corridors they are in to space while they try to beat the doors down. Have lasers or missiles that can target your own ship to damage intruders or heal your crew. Upgrade your medibay and tag team the intruders as you heal your other crew. Buy the Engi Med-bot Dispersal augmentation that heals your crew anywhere in the ship, making it far easier to fight. Buy a drone to deal with intruders... So many approaches to defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom