• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
That story was true?

i1rtnmKUrrisp.gif

well, I'm at level 13, I only got a Booster Pack last week and just one foil card since the Trading Cards launched, WTF???

I've been getting, selling, buying lots of cards, crafting badges but I only got a Booster Pack and only one foil card? depressing..

well, I'm at level 13, I only got a Booster Pack last week and just one foil card since the Trading Cards launched, WTF???

I've been getting, selling, buying lots of cards, crafting badges but I only got a Booster Pack and only one foil card? depressing..

I'm level 21 and have been crafting and selling since the beta. Got 1 booster pack super early on and two foils. They're quite rare.

Interested in The Secret World, any opinions on the game? Despite it being a massive download, seemingly.

It's the first MMO I've played for more than a few minutes and it's fantastic even as a single-player. The story, lore, world design and atmosphere is rich and creative and really feels like a big, cohesive world to explore. (If you played The Longest Journey, Ragnar Tornquist was also the main writer on TSW.) The interface is a little clunky, though maybe all MMOs are like that, and some game features aren't very well explained in-game, but they're just a google search away and overall it's not hard to pick up.

If you like Stephen King, the first main area of the game is basically a big homage to his stories, a New England harbor town overrun by zombies.

XShagrath

I got one booster pack a while back, and no foils yet. I fell into the trading card hole this week, and have crafted 20 badges since the start of the sale.

What the fuck is wrong with me?!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Better check your code. It's sentient and iterating on its own features. You may have developed Skynet.

Good point. It probably merged with Modbot. It probably looked something like this:

400x400

m.gorecki

has anyone used this to get new cards? what is the pricing like?

This service is generally only for trading cards. The price comparison's no the page are just for the comparative value of the cards. So that you can't just trade a cheaper card for a more expensive one, sell it, buy a cheap one, then rinse and repeat.

Wok

You...don't know how to tie your shoes?

And I can't learn. I tried for so many years but I can't.

I don't want to sound rude, but either you are really young or you have a kind of autistic problems which make it impossible for you to do simple everyday things while relatively easy to perform awesome feats such as capturing the attention of your audience in a few lines, playing Super Meat Boy, etc.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-B0EE7774CB9CFB49 - Taken by OFFIS
Alan Wake -- MB-F2EF114CB2EAEB63 - Taken by bonesquad

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I think this covers all mission DLC I dont already own (+drunken master cause drunken master)

ibw0F3AoQGvpPJ.PNG

now im just gonna sit here and think about pulling the trigger for a while
get it allllll

Did Zodiac Tournament yesterday, really fun and hilarious.

Time to grab Mark of the Ninja.

So far I've grabbed:

Portal 2 (never played)
Tomb Raider (never played until yesterday, love it)
Rogue Legacy (Love it)
BL2 Season Pass + other stuff (was waiting for sales)

Crayons

Banned
I don't want to sound rude, but either you are really young or you have a kind of autistic problems which make it impossible for you to do simple everyday things while relatively easy to perform awesome feats such as capturing the attention of your audience in a few lines, playing Super Meat Boy, etc.

I'm 17.
It could be that. It's really hard for me to do multi step processes.

Tak3n

Banned
It's the first MMO I've played for more than a few minutes and it's fantastic even as a single-player. The story, lore, world design and atmosphere is rich and creative and really feels like a big, cohesive world to explore. (If you played The Longest Journey, Ragnar Tornquist was also the main writer on TSW.) The interface is a little clunky, though maybe all MMOs are like that, and some game features aren't very well explained in-game, but they're just a google search away and overall it's not hard to pick up.

If you like Stephen King, the first main area of the game is basically a big homage to his stories, a New England harbor town overrun by zombies.

The Devs are giving out trial keys on the steam forum... great idea to drum up buisness

Skab

What? Me?

masterkajo

Time to grab Mark of the Ninja.

So far I've grabbed:

Portal 2 (never played)
Tomb Raider (never played until yesterday, love it)
Rogue Legacy (Love it)
BL2 Season Pass + other stuff (was waiting for sales)

You gotta right that wrong. I mean the best game ever made and you haven't even played it a minute?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Guide to the Sleeping Dogs DLC

http://steamcommunity.com/app/202170/discussions/0/846959179170887396/

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):

-Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
-Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
-Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):

-SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
-Street Racer Pack (3 races)
-Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
-Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
-Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
-Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:

-Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
-GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
-Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
-Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
-Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
-Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:

-Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
-Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
-Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
-Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
-Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:

-High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
-Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
-Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
-The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:

-Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
-Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
-Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
-High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom