• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

I own Rising Storm since release and havent even properly played it yet. Am I missing out? did it keep the RO2 community alive cause it was pretty bleh last time I checked

If you manage to get a team with a good commander and a team that follows his orders, it's amazing. But unfortunately that don't happen that often. :(

The_Monk

Ok, first of all I know I am late so please don't kill me. *runs*

I just got to playing Portal 2 for the first time ever and this game is amazing. It's simply such a fresh experience in Gaming, I'm loving the narration and the puzzles are a nice change from all the shooting and the killing. I'm just happy to have a wider choice every now and then with the genres of the games we have. This is why I think I become a fan of Indies lately, because sometimes a change is good and needed.

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since everyone is weighing in on Sleeping Dogs I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well.

I was fortunate enough to get in on the "glitch" that let me get Sleeping Dogs and (at the time) all of the DLC for 91% off. At the time, I thought all of the DLC was either story DLC or cosmetic changes.

By itself, the base game seemed great and really had potential. I really enjoyed the first hour or so where you're introduced to the story, the game mechanics, etc.

Then... then I got the part where you get your apartment for the first time, and all of the DLC "unlocked". This completely ruined the experience as it instantly leveled me up to near maximum and gave me a lot of overpowered skills.

I probably played another 10 minutes or so before turning the game off and uninstalling it, never to return.

Please please please read up on the DLC before you purchase any. There have been a few lists already in this thread but if you're unsure, install Enhanced Steam and steer clear of anything labeled "Pay to Unlock".

I probably would have really enjoyed progressing normally through the game. It's a shame the devs see fit to release this sort of game-breaking DLC.

Since everyone is weighing in on Sleeping Dogs I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well.

I was fortunate enough to get in on the "glitch" that let me get Sleeping Dogs and (at the time) all of the DLC for 91% off. At the time, I thought all of the DLC was either story DLC or cosmetic changes.

By itself, the base game seemed great and really had potential. I really enjoyed the first hour or so where you're introduced to the story, the game mechanics, etc.

Then... then I got the part where you get your apartment for the first time, and all of the DLC "unlocked". This completely ruined the experience as it instantly leveled me up to near maximum and gave me a lot of overpowered skills.

I probably played another 10 minutes or so before turning the game off and uninstalling it, never to return.

Please please please read up on the DLC before you purchase any. There have been a few lists already in this thread but if you're unsure, install Enhanced Steam and steer clear of anything labeled "Pay to Unlock".

I probably would have really enjoyed progressing normally through the game. It's a shame the devs see fit to release this sort of game-breaking DLC.

This is a case where I could understand asking steam to remove things from your account, and I might just do that. I played SD without any DLC, but bought all of it during the glitch. Sounds like a mistake.

masterkajo

I just got to playing Portal 2 for the first time ever and this game is amazing. It's simply such a fresh experience in Gaming, I'm loving the narration and the puzzles are a nice change from all the shooting and the killing. I'm just happy to have a wider choice every now and then with the genres of the games we have. This is why I think I become a fan of Indies lately, because sometimes a change is good and needed.

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

My personal best game of the forever. And once you are through find yourself a nice buddy and play the best coop you have ever played.

EDIT: Also, nice seeing all the Kaylees here. To think it started with a small innocent thought of "what if..." and parallel universes.
to be honest anytime anything about alternate dimensions or parallel universes comes to mind I am thinking of Firefly Season 2 and beyond :(

Nerokis

The Secret World, DmC... must refrain. I'll grab Dark Souls if it makes a reappearance, but otherwise...no more.

No...no more.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a case where I could understand asking steam to remove things from your account, and I might just do that. I played SD without any DLC, but bought all of it during the glitch. Sounds like a mistake.

If I remember correctly there are guides online that walk through the steps of disabling the DLC. Lemme look and see if I can find them again.

nexen

What is wrong with the DMC3 port?
its an old game, I'd imagine a modern rig could chew through any performance problems.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Man, I just installed OutRun 2006 again just to annoy everyone who can't get it on Steam, but cruising in that game is just so much damn fun

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

Glad you finally get to play it man, enjoy! And make sure to find a co-op buddy, the co-op is just as good, if not better, than the single player campaign!

Nabs

If I remember correctly there are guides online that walk through the steps of disabling the DLC. Lemme look and see if I can find them again.

There is definitely a way to delete it. I think you just need to remember to start a new save afterwards.

Edwardo

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

Lol, i'm probably worse. I've never even played the original Portal.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
What is wrong with the DMC3 port?
its an old game, I'd imagine a modern rig could chew through any performance problems.
It's a terrible port full of glitches, missing effects, you need to be a wizard to use a X360 pad, framerate issues... Better off playing the one from the HD collection.

73V3N

Banned

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

I just started playing the first one the other day, and I thought it was amazing, looks like I need to save some cards profit for the second one.

Xyber

Damn you guys. Can't stop watching kaylee gifs now, she's so damn cute.

If there was only some new deals I could draw my attention to.

masterkajo

mark of the ninja yay or nay?

absolutely yay. when in doubt look at my steam profile. i am playing it right now while typing. But seriously, it is awesome!

I just started playing the first one the other day, and I thought it was amazing, looks like I need to save some cards profit for the second one.

Do it. Play through the first and then enjoy the second like there is no tomorrow!! And then the next day you play coop with a buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom