• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
They should make a game that revolves around Jewel Staite and strawberries.
tumblr_me3fg40RC21qh9122o1_1280.jpg

The_Monk

Glad you finally get to play it man, enjoy! And make sure to find a co-op buddy, the co-op is just as good, if not better, than the single player campaign!

Thank you and to all the fellow GAFfers that answered.

I believe that this sale to me so far was the Sale for Nostalgia games, there's so many great games out there, some I got them long time ago with when they were selling in those CD Cases + Card Boxes others I'm just LTTP but it's great to see diversity.

Then there is this great choice of indies for great prices too. I'm still looking at Mark of the Ninja, Reus, Orcs Must Die 2, Dust and Serious Sam 3 BF3. There is just too much good stuff to choose but I'm very happy to have the choice. Playing Portal 2 feels so refreshing and I know I still have other gems to look for.

Gaming is, indeed timeless fellow GAFfers.

Freezard

Anyone fancy buying Sleeping Dogs from me instead of the store? I bought it for a friend who bought the game 5 mins before me without telling so I got a spare copy. You can get it for $5.75 :)

Ok, first of all I know I am late so please don't kill me. *runs*

I just got to playing Portal 2 for the first time ever and this game is amazing. It's simply such a fresh experience in Gaming, I'm loving the narration and the puzzles are a nice change from all the shooting and the killing. I'm just happy to have a wider choice every now and then with the genres of the games we have. This is why I think I become a fan of Indies lately, because sometimes a change is good and needed.

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

if you want to team up to do the co-op I'd be down! I've played through the SP but never the co-op and I've heard it's great!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981511096

EDIT: And I've just found out that I had Killing Floor on my Steam account, it's actually quite good!

Darkroronoa

I just got to playing Portal 2 for the first time ever and this game is amazing. It's simply such a fresh experience in Gaming, I'm loving the narration and the puzzles are a nice change from all the shooting and the killing. I'm just happy to have a wider choice every now and then with the genres of the games we have. This is why I think I become a fan of Indies lately, because sometimes a change is good and needed.

ZsOBoMLl.jpg

Yeap,i played it today,its amazing.

Jag

Any recommendations for The Secret World?

I bought it on Amazon last week and have been playing non-stop despite a massive growing backlog of Steam games. It oozes atmosphere, is not your typical kill 10 rats MMO and well worth the price for the time you will get out of it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Beat Bioshock Infinite yesterday and damn. I was planning to play something else now but I can't resist going for a second playthrough right after. Going to try getting all collectibles on this second run.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

So glad to hear you're enjoying the game, man. It's fantastic, and Valve managed to surpass themselves and make it even better than the first one.

I already said it before, but I'll say it again: if you ever want to play some co-op, feel free to ask me, and I'll gladly do so.

going to try amnesia in a few minutes, any advice?
I played 80 minutes or so of it on my first attempt, and I kid you not, I was relieved and almost glad when I finally died and was able to quit it without feeling a coward for doing so. Great atmosphere, and really makes you feel tense, nervous and uneasy.

I have to go back to it, it was really interesting.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 20 hours:
http://www.reusgame.com/buy/

masterkajo

will do. hope its not that scary. its getting late here :|

Nah, it's not that scary... until it is. I thought I would never let myself get sucked in this much that I actually panic and get really scared, but as it turns out I did. The game nails the atmosphere and as long as you don't know what's out there, you will get this uneasy feeling that's slowly growing up to the point where ...

Hmmm, so on the Rising Storm page it lists 50% off, but lower on the page it also mentions getting an additional 25% off if you own RO2 already. Where does that 25% show up? I'd assume that would make it $5, which might be in my price range as I've heard pretty good stuff about Rising Storm. But it still seems to be $10 when I add rising storm to my cart.

Hmmm, so on the Rising Storm page it lists 50% off, but lower on the page it also mentions getting an additional 25% off if you own RO2 already. Where does that 25% show up? I'd assume that would make it $5, which might be in my price range as I've heard pretty good stuff about Rising Storm. But it still seems to be $10 when I add rising storm to my cart.

It says Rising Storm/Red Orchstra 2 Multiplayer on my Steam playlist. Do I still have to buy it or how does it work ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom