• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the tutorial levels in Strike Suit Infinity and Euro Truck 2 a try. Both are pretty fun, using the Strike mode in SSI feels like something straight out of my childhood. Parking in Euro Truck is a nightmare! I know how it's supposed to work as I've driven small trailers around but not full length ones, and not in video games.

The strike-Mode really reminded me of ZoE. It really is fun, but thats why I would rather have if the whole game would be like that.

Mikey Jr.

Torchlight 2 is kind of annoying to play. I don't remember having this much trouble playing on the 360.

Something about these controls is really pissing me off.

I think its the fact that I cant use WASD to move. I have to click to move, but also I use click to attack. It is aggravating me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice. I'll keep that in mind for my run.

How long did it take?
Took me around 4h for Detached, I did it in two sittings. As long as you don't have to replay too many stages if you're grabbed (I had to three times) it's pretty quick since it's for the most part a normal speedrun and you can ignore all green arrows and rivals.

edit: Steam is telling me I have 55 hours total in JSR. Lol... Those Jet rankings are a bitch.

Karu

Played Super Meat Boy for 98 minutes - thumbs up! Getting into those fast-paced, rather hard games like SMB or Hotline ist really one of the highlights this sale for me personally! I'ld say, it was def worth it!

cicero

Total Spent: $2,096.47
hmm, I finally dared to look at my Steam spending history... I assume that this does not cover all of my third party purchases that activated by codes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm, I finally dared to look at my Steam spending history... I assume that this does not cover all of my third party purchases that activated by codes.

Yeah, the value is the sum of your store transactions.

Edit: Unless you're running 3.9, in which case the total also includes market and in-game transactions.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Voted for Chivalry because everyone should play that game. Multiplayer is exactly what I wanted it to be.

Smashing someone's face in with a war hammer then doing a battle cry is perfect.

filipe

Anyone have any dupes of the Skyrim summer card they'd like to donate to an old soul? It's my last remaining one.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey Toki I just woke up and apparently Modbots working again - I won Shank 2! Just wanted to make sure I came back and thanked you for your generosity!

Ruze789

Whats the difference between the SS games?

SSZero is a normal game with campaign, SSInfinity is more arcade-y, with waves of enemies and score-chasing. I've only played through the tutorial levels in both, but I'm loving both so far. I got them in the Strike Suit Bundle, I wanted the Art Book which is a little short but still pretty cool.

Took me around 4h for Detached, I did it in two sittings. As long as you don't have to replay too many stages if you're grabbed (I had to three times) it's pretty quick since it's for the most part a normal speedrun and you can ignore all green arrows and rivals.
Thanks for the information, I'm looking forward to playing it again soon.

SSZero is a normal game with campaign, SSInfinity is more arcade-y, with waves of enemies and score-chasing. I've only played through the tutorial levels in both, but I'm loving both so far. I got them in the Strike Suit Bundle, I wanted the Art Book which is a little short but still pretty cool.
Thanks a lot, might get zero since is quite cheap.

tVB7vbc.png

Awyeah. Turns out I was mistaken, forcefully quitting the game does work for the Detached achievement in the PC version.

I believe what went wrong the first time was that, according to some people online, bumping into Onishima counts as being grabbed. I'm not sure if that's really the case but I avoided him this time and it worked.

Now give me JSRF, Sega. And Bayonetta too while you're at it.
I bow to you sir, that takes some real dedication.

How are the last two penny arcade games? I have an old school rpg itch, and those seem like they could be fun.

Does the story matter? Can i start with 3, or even 4 and still have a good time?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Being an idiot, I didn't made a proper screenshot. Nonetheless I wanna take the time and thank Creamium, who gifted me Super Meat Boy earlier today! Very kind, Sir!

Played Super Meat Boy for 98 minutes - thumbs up! Getting into those fast-paced, rather hard games like SMB or Hotline ist really one of the highlights this sale for me personally! I'ld say, it was def worth it!

Glad to see you like it. Yeah SMB is pretty hard, but rarely frustrating. One of the best pure platforming experiences you can have this gen. I was going to gift it, then saw you were the only one in my fl with it on their wishlist, so the choice was easily made :)

I was in the catacombs in MotN and pressed restart level instead of chekpoint. Time to replay an entire level :/

wilflare

those are some insane prices... but he's no longer taking requests.
oh well.

in any case, if any of you needs some last minute help with USD prices, just drop me a PM :D

Crayons

Banned
oh well.

in any case, if any of you needs some last minute help with USD prices, just drop me a PM :D

He's no longer taking requests for new games. He's still selling the games in that post.

oh well.

That just means you can't request other games. You can still buy the games from him that are on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom